Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR BETA 1

Ok, they look cool.

But I am unable to play them.

These are the steps I have done to see if they work. Mind you, my computer's pissed after being restarted at least a dozen times with this addon. No Alt-Tab or minimizing works, so this add on is really beginning to push me.

BAS Rangers/Delta 1.55 > Check

Suchey and Earls Marine Assault Pack > Check

Jam 2 Corrected > Check

I'm thinking it has to do with Jam. I got the newest one thats around 7.1mb, and the one you're providing at a 6. So an incompatibility I can see. Otherwise, if this dosn't work or no more solutions come up, this add-on is one of those few that I put in my "You have to do some crazy voo-doo to work with" mods.

Arrrr matey. Damn these addons and incompatibilites!

[add]

Tried it with your Jam, no change.

Pfft. crazy_o.gif

I've been using this pack since the day it was released and about 2 days ago, it just stopped working, not only that, if I selected ANY non-official addon it locked up the computer in the misson editors Get Ready screen.

I thought it was ofp at first so I reinstalled it and still had the same problem, I thought it was my addon launcher and went into the game the normal way, problem still there.

Then I thought about what addons I had added recently and removed the Opfor along with the eighteen-wheeler and the new mi-24 pack.  I only had the problem when I re-added the opfor pack, so its definatley that.  

Hope whatever the problem is it gets sorted  out, I wanted to use these.

My graphics cards an ATi 9800, comps a p3.2 with 1gig of memory and a cheapo soundcard.

I've been using this pack since the day it was released and about 2 days ago, it just stopped working, not only that, if I selected ANY non-official addon it locked up the computer in the misson editors Get Ready screen.

Now you've got me thinking that maybe it was this problem that locked up my FDF.For some reason i couldn't start my FDF mod and i hadn't played it since i installed this addon.

I wonder what can be the source of the problem , as i don't have any

If it can be of any help, i use Direct3D HW T&L (in 800x600 16 bits without shadow for objects and units + without W buffer activated)

I play them using one of my "test addons" mod folder that have currently

(from the Marine Assault Pack)

-C8X_russ.pbo

-C8X_usmc.pbo

-c8xmag.pbo

-SUCHrus.pbo

-SUCHusmc.pbo

-TACTEvents.pbo

(from the OPFOR beta pack)

-WYW_OPFOR.pbo

-WYW_Tex.pbo

(from JAM 2)

-JAM_Magazines.pbo

-JAM_Sounds.pbo

(from Laser us weapons)

-LSR_uswp.pbo

(from Modern Infantry pack 1.52 -laser weapon version)

HYK_USsol.pbo

I've tested this addon in its various states before the release and to be honest, I had no lockups whatsoever. rock.gif

Although...I did have my FDF mod not want to start (that sounds familiar) crazy_o.gif

It is pretty strange as to why it works for some and not others, clearly not a VC problem and it doesn't seem to be affected by any other addons. I have been having the same problem though, I have gone through all the necessary steps taken by other users and it still freezes up at the Get Ready screen. I even upgraded to a better VC and it still did the same thing. Well, hopefully the cause of these problems will be found and fixed soon, I am dying to try these units out.

It's a great and urgently needed addon. Really nice work smile_o.gif

I'm playing around with them since days and had no lockups at all yet.

One thing I noticed: The trousers from the Civilian OPFORs (e.g. Misc OPFOR, Civil Man 1) are a bit too shiny and clean for the fact they are used in combat.

Perhaps it would be best to field these troops with non-jam stuff? I don't like jam anyway so it would be kewl if they could be shipped without jam-dependancy... butter only, plz! xmas_o.gif

I had the same problem with FDF and other mod folders not willing to work.

I just tryed to moving the Generic OPFOR addon and everything seem to work fine now.

Could be to do with the random scripts or the textures used with them?

I love this units, and I have so many plans for them in my mission editor that I'm rader upset now that I can not use them crazy_o.gif

I hope we find what is causing it and it can get fixed. I cross my fingers.

BUZZARD @ Dec. 09 2004,19:08)]Perhaps it would be best to field these troops with non-jam stuff? I don't like jam anyway so it would be kewl if they could be shipped without jam-dependancy... butter only, plz! xmas_o.gif

Why not use LSR's weapons? They look as good, if not better then the JAM stuff.

if u take jam away

youll be fighting a force that shoot straight 400m, gives more headache to mission makers hu use hd ammo. also making more diffrent ammo types are head aches and if u guys wanna replace it with lasers, its even a bigger addon with new ammo types to learn and weapon names in mission editing.

jam rocks, it simple easy to use and has High dispersion. Personally i hate playing ai with normal weapons since they shoot deadly accurate and makes less of a firefight(youll only ever here 1 or 2 shots and your dead), even dumb ai shoot deadly accurate, i think that one thing i dont like about flashpoint is the accurateness of the ai so far away.

keep JAM for the HD value, it gives u two types of units untrained and well trained which jam can provide.

keep jam pls!!

The OPFOR pack is working now. I downloaded the marines, and BAS Delta/Rangers, and it works just fine.

In fact, if I can find the perfect island, I might make a campaign with these guys.

I think the best way to solve a problem would be redoing this units again from the scratch. tounge_o.gif

Or perhaps to split the pack up. For example one idea is to make a seperate "Security Contractor" .pbo without the random textures. Instead you'd simply have a variety of outfits on them and a variety of weapons perhaps from Laser's weapon pack. By that I mean a variety of M4's in different configurations, a leader with binoculars, one with a motorola radio attached to his harness, another with maybe a KABAR knife on him, ect...

Some could also perhaps have a Pashtun type Afghani hat as well on their heads for Afghanistan missions (like the one's on Remo's Afghan pack) and also maybe some with body armor.

The the same could be done with the OPFOR. It would probably be a much bigger file however without the random textures cuz then you'd have a lot of individual models. That of coarse is assuming that its the random textures that are perhaps causing the problem.

The pack as it is, is working for me just fine. However I do not want to make missions with them if many people can not use them.

Another idea is to allow different mods to use these models so that they do not go to waste.

I know that my mod could definitely make good use of the OPFOR guys as part of our terrorist pack. The Security Contractors I could probably turn into a DynCorp Inc. or maybe a CIA pack as well.

So please let me know if thats cool with you. Maybe in the process I can figure out whats causing the problems.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

and maybe darken the tigerstribe camo. Those stand out in any jungle wink_o.gif

Yeah, those securtity contractors need some better weapons. Like the M4's in the BAS Ranger/Delta pack.

This is what I would give them.

Security Contractor (Team Leader) M4 with Aimpoint scope

M1911

2 Frag Grendades

1 Smoke Grenade

Binoculars

Security Contractor (Infantry) M16 (A1 or A2)

Berretta 92F

Binoculars

3 Frag Grenades

Security Contaractor (Millitary Police) Shotgun

Glock 17

Binoculars

NVG

Security Contractor (Sniper) M24 SWS or SR-17

M1911

Binoculars

3 Smoke Grenades

Most of the guns I mentioned above are found on BAS units, so they would still work with JAM 2.

The other troops could use some more weapons, then just M16s, FN FALs, AKMs, Dragnovs, Remingtons, and PKs.

I'd add more varitey by adding these weapons to the pack...

M72 LAW

AK-74

SKS Siminov

M4 Carbine

AT4

Stinger AA Launcher

G36

G3

MP5

Uzi

M60

M249 SAW

RPD

Bizon

M21

Remington 700

Remington 870 Shotgun

M79

AKM, AK-74, M4, M16 with Grenade Launcher

Mosin Nagat Sniper Rifle

@void_false

Comments like that just piss people off and dont help so dont bother if that's all you have to say.

People need to keep in mind that this was his first addon and he was learning as he was going. I just beta tested so I have no official say obviously but I'm sure the more help offered to Newiy would be appreciated to get the pack to another level.

Almost all the recent security contractors i have seen have been armed with some type of M4 or AK.

I agree with Canadian Terror - please try to phrase your criticisms/suggestions in a polite and constructive manner.

IMHO, this pack is brilliant, despite having a few potential bugs - lets not discourage an obviously talented addon maker with disparaging remarks.  wink_o.gif

I agree with Canadian Terror - please try to phrase your criticisms/suggestions in a polite and constructive manner.

IMHO, this pack is brilliant, despite having a few potential bugs - lets not discourage an obviously talented addon maker with disparaging remarks.  wink_o.gif

Agreed. The randomizing of these guerillas is superb and didn't seem to be considered by any other addon maker. I'm preferring to play with them over the BAS Delta Force or Laser's Rangers. biggrin_o.gif

Do you think you can fix the bug of reloading a mission and having missing parts of the units? I think the randomizing of their appearance has a problem with loading partway through the mission.

this was his first addon and he was learning as he was going.

his first addon ?

For a first addon, this is simply a superb work. icon14.gif

I am looking forward to future productions from Newiy