Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR BETA 1

Quote[/b] ]is newiy still here?

Yes he is. He just hasnt had time to post I guess.

I believe he was planning on working on the update soon.

i reckon many people are having problems with the update because

1. u must install both wyw_text.pbo and the updated pbo

2. he just released one file with no read me

maybe sooner than you think., but that's another topic.

About the faces, there is a midle east face pack, but I don't know where I got it from.

Maybe someone knows in here.

Regards.

@CERO.

WOOOW now thats what Im talking about, now why didnt I see this on ofp.info? rock.gif

thnx biggrin_o.gif

great pack but I would love a large pack with lots of different insurgents and well "ragheads"...

There have been 2 wars now involving middle eastern individuals, and well I still see ppl with pale white faces, not even a tan....

Dont get meh wrong for as long as it takes these are my new favorite opfor! Also the guys in 6tone desert are now acting as Iraqi SF with AK101's!  wink_o.gif

Whats wrong with that? You have something against honkeys?

(In case you didn't know there are people of Middle Eastern descent on this forum who are active members and don't like being refered to as "ragheads".)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]1. u must install both wyw_text.pbo and the updated pbo

That's kind of a no-brainer. That isn't the solution either.

Furthermore. Some of these solutions sound a bit half cocked, or downright superstitious. Any proof that these units definitely require anything else besides what's packed with the zip file? There's Jam 2 that I know it requires. That's it.

well some people did it

read a couple posts back

they could be a noob

it works fine for me

great pack but I would love a large pack with lots of different insurgents and well "ragheads"...

Racial epithets are not tolerated on these forums, please refrain.

Hi there,

first: great addon, just what I needed!

second: wasn't able to start any preview in the editor with only the most recent JAM and this addon, OFP just hung there, luckily I was able to kill it via the task manager.

After reading the posts about the BAS stuff, I shuffled their addons in and out of my mod folder, and the essence is this:

I need to have:

- bas_mah60.pbo (20.088.735 Bytes)

- bas_soar185.pbo (17.399 Bytes)

- bas_soarpilots.pbo (32.768 Bytes)

in my mod folder for the OPFOR units to work. bas_mah60 depends on bas_soar185 and that in turn on bas_soarpilots (or the other way round).

Just the soarpilots or soar185 are not enough, so I guess it's something in the bas_mah60 that has an effect on the OPFOR addon.

Hope this helps,

Gerwulf

[update]: After playing some other game and going back into OFP later, I once again am unable to start any preview in the editor. mad_o.gif

I'll post here if I can come up with another idea... dang...

It's working now with the Marine Assault Pack, even after doing some other stuff and returning ;)

Strange... I hope the cause of this bug is found soon.

Until then: Happy OPFORing! biggrin_o.gif

Gerwulf

Yayy!

Finally got round to clearing out my /res/addons and creating some proper mod folders. Stuck the addon in with some BAS stuff including the deltas/rangers and earl/suchey's marines and it works.

These are seriously nicely textured models and the selection is spot on. But making them available on all sides was a masterstroke and really helpful in the mission editor.

There must have been some addon conflict stopping it but I fear the chances of ever working out where that was are a bit remote because my folder was in a bit of a state.

Ade biggrin_o.gif

these are perfect for the campaign i'm working on. very nice work.

unfortunately, with the "fix" i get the same every-four-second-lag-spike problem. I had to go back to the hollowman version. is there another update?

I have also noticed that when i use the new update. You get a lag spike every few seconds ...Is there any chance of fixing this ...These are really great units and I have alot of missions I would like to use them on ...but until the lag issue is resolved I have to use a different enemy sad_o.gif

I feel your pain, htsqdzulu, I'm currently about eight missions deep and counting on this campaign, but have no idea if it'll be playable.  (it works without ever saving the game, but that's a bit tough)  These units are perfect for it, and I don't know of any other units that would replace them adequately. (need generic government army on Resistance side and insurgents on East side)

sad_o.gif

there you go i found what i needed but it freezes my ECP 1.85 huh.gif why huh.gif? crazy_o.gif

is there anylink alive that has this working ? whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]there you go i found what i needed but it freezes my ECP 1.85 why ?

is there anylink alive that has this working ?

OFP.info Link

This is a small fix, not sure if it will help with ECP.

Anyother sites with the mod?

MIRROR 1 and MIRROR 2 come up as 404 errors sad_o.gif

now they work well in the ecp mod....and i dont have any addons that other people are sayiing they needed.... yay.gif