Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR BETA 1

been playing with them a bit and its eally great

so much units to use and all dont look the same which give it a relaistic feeling, plus the jam hd ammo, this is the best generic enemies addon

thanks alot

will try to use it with my next upcoming mission

Since the Loadgame bug is serious enough to warrant a fix, I'm releasing one. Thanks to Mr. Yoda for the tip. smile_o.gif

Changes:

---------

- Hollow man bug

- Reduced armour value

- Added a desert group

Here's a temporary link until the mirrors come up (after which, I'll edit the first post to include a link):

Fix (1.45MB)

Replace WYW_OPFOR.pbo.

Edit: Evil Ikonboard code

Link is down. Can anyone provide working mirror? Did any news-site wrote about this new version?

Holy crap. Each of the four basic models is like 2 megabytes apiece. crazy_o.gif

@Pappy Boyington

Actually I have already checked ofp.info smile_o.gif Their newspost is about old version. Look at the dates - it was written on 22 December, new version was relased on 29 December.

hey newiy

pls send the generic update on ofp info

coz im gonna use the generic addons on my sp missions

and i sorta need a proper link to be able to post my missions in ofp editing centre

dont want this addon to be forgotten like the uce jam units

wellz im sending the whole update file to http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com dunno if they gonna post it up

i also wrote on the read me that it is the updated version with the updated file and the texpbo file

i did not write my name in the readme and just added to the original readme the updated file fixes and added "by newiy" on the title, thats all i did

hope it gets posted up

i really love this addon

just waiting making missions for it

along the lines of bas/laser deltas direct action mission

@Pappy Boyington

Actually I have already checked ofp.info smile_o.gif Their newspost is about old version. Look at the dates - it was written on 22 December, new version was relased on 29 December.

there was an update? rock.gif

never saw it. i knew of only one release.

my bad sad_o.gif

Thanks for the update. You seem to have solved both the 'hollow man' and, more importantly, the CTD bugs perfectly.

Prior to the update I got the CTD every time I tried these. With the update, so far none at all.

These are going to provide some very nice targets to shoot at. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the update even tho it already worked fine for me, nice work.

The hollowman bug is still there even with this update. First I got it to work, then it suddenly stopped from working.

rock.gif

I didnt even change anything.

These units look superb. biggrin_o.gif

Only problem is, I have a Geforce FX5700 and if I try to use them in the editor, the game locks up when I hit 'preview". Gah! mad_o.gif

I have tried the fixes suggested, using the update, installing Earl and Suchey's marines and the BAS deltas and rangers, but nothing seems to help.

I'm using Res 1.96 and DXDLL.

Anything that anyone with a similar card has tried that works?

Ade

I tried the update, and i get every 4 seconds, a small lag spike, less than half a second, but very noticable. I put in one group (anyone) in the middle of Lipany, and just ran around and noticed it. I tried with a BIS group, and nothing.

Anyone else have this? I'm on a GF 4400, Pentium IV 2.0, and 728mb Ram.

Yup,same here,I've sent a pm to newiy some time ago and he knows about this,let's hope it will be fixed.

Tried the latest Nvidia drivers, still can't get it to work. Might be a clash with another addon, I'll have to try removing some and see if the error stops. I'll post again if I find out, might be useful for others.

sad_o.gif

Ade

I can't seem to get this addon to work either. I fire up OFP and on the loading screen it just stops. Really bad for my PC having to manually reset it because I can't kill the game through the task manager.

Could it have anything to do at all with the insane amount of hidden selections the addons have? I thought the addon was just ridiculously high detail and then I opened it up in O2 and it just had pretty much everything all bunched up into one model and I'm assuming each component is randomized by a script or something?

I dunno. Either way it's a real shame this addon isn't working correctly as the idea behind them was great.

I've installed the updated version but I get the invis bodies too and a error msg saying something like "file not found: wyw_texlod\bdufront.pac"

Ben Morton