Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

Sanctuary,

those kneeling "aware" stances are great!

Any chance you could tweak the 2 "aware" death anims to suit them? Currently they kinda snap to their feet and stand up for a split second before they fall.

smile_o.gif

You seem to be very good at what you do, so I would love to see this final tweak done tounge_o.gif then we would have perfect interpolation.

Excellent stuff,

dont stop now.

Zay

ofcource it's possible, but since OFP anim aint really the tool to make moving anims (they turn up crap, period) Id suggest using a more advanced tool like maya. It's rather difficult to use at a start and pretty expensive, but definatly the best tool for animating wink_o.gif

Sanctuary,

those kneeling "aware" stances are great!

Any chance you could tweak the 2 "aware" death anims to suit them? Currently they kinda snap to their feet and stand up for a split second before they fall.

smile_o.gif

You seem to be very good at what you do, so I would love to see this final tweak done tounge_o.gif then we would have perfect interpolation.

Excellent stuff,

dont stop now.

Zay

There is a problem there.

BIS shared one of the 2 AI aware death anim with the stand aiming position (named ssMRT.rtm for the anim and ssmrt2.rtm for the anim end static) .

So changing this shared one to use a crouch default position would have a bad effect on a unit (player or AI) being in stand aiming position.

The other is specific to the AI fortunately (named kulometSMRT.rtm and kulometSMRT2.rtm) , i tried to use the default "crouch aiming" death animation in the place of it and the result ingame looks surprisingly very good and interpolate very well.

Easy to replace by anyone, but to save time, i packed everything (the new AI "crouch ready", the AI rotation in "crouch ready" and the anim death in this "crouch ready" stance)

You can download it by right clicking on that link and Save...As

links are updated in the previous post dealing with this new "crouch ready" animation.

aww.. many seperated anims here.. ye. i know how to install them etc etc.. but cant anyone just make a anim.pbo with all the new anims in ? so it will get easyer to download it.... and just copy and opaste and its installed.. instead for starting unpbo it and replace then makepbo and bla bla bla bla .. tounge_o.gif

would be ace

Quote[/b] ]The walking with your gun in hand animation is " schuze0l.rtm "

The walking with your gun on the back animation is " chuzebez0l.rtm "

The "jogging" with your gun on the back animation is " bezbeh.rtm "

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but is there a list somewhere, explaining which anim-file is which anim?

It is a bit annoying when its all in chech... crazy_o.gif

Personnally i never found any complete, to find "what is what" i run OFPAnim and load as much anim file i can to locate the exact one i want

I noticed the anim that have in their name the words (there can be letter before and after)

-klek are related to the crouch anims

-smrt are related to death anims

-stan are related to standing anims

-ieh are related to prone anims

-stat are related to static anims

-ani are related to non static anims

I wonder if it's possible to make AI randomly either kneel or stand during static "aware" mode? This would be an anim config job I think. I think it would require alterations to class interpolations, class states, and class actions. It may indeed be possible, but it would require someone with both good anim Knowledge and config knowledge and a lot of patience.

Would be very cool though. It would certainly make the AI look far more believable and remove their perfectly uniform stances. smile_o.gif

Zay

Quote[/b] ]I wonder if it's possible to make AI randomly either kneel or stand during static "aware" mode? This would be an anim config job I think. I think it would require alterations to class interpolations, class states, and class actions. It may indeed be possible, but it would require someone with both good anim Knowledge and config knowledge and a lot of patience.

Yes, from what i saw, it seems that it needs a lot of config work to add those animations, as they are not possible without new entries in the config.

Oh , and for people interested in animating, i just noticed that OFP Anim Center tutorials are now available in english and deutsch langage.

They are very good tutorials for learning how to use the OFPAnim program and how to get the basis in making animations.

So if you want to create animations and don't know how to begin , go read them as soon as possible.

yes, i waited for a german tut for so long

some of the pics are missing in the german create tut.

just to mention it.

I tried to create a quick ambush using the crouchshoot animation from this updated pack and the AI opened fire.

That is very nice for such setup.

But i noticed with one of the W_crouch , not sure which one , the AI will point the gun but will not open fire (it seems to work for the human though).

Here is a pack of 18 animations files (6 static animations, and 12 animated animations wink_o.gif ) made from scratch.

The specificity of those static animations is that they are all linked with each other in a perfectly smooth interpolation, no stuttering from a stance to another (i spent several days making those transition animations)

The 12 animations that are making the smooth interpolations between each stances may be not of the top quality work as you will certainly notice (the BIS animators have now my complete and total respect when i think of all the work they did making such transition animations) but at least it is totally smooth between them.

Here are screenshots showing the static animations i made for this pack (of course the interpolations are not noticable as those screenshot are not animated biggrin_o.gif )

part17yd.jpg

part25qp.jpg

To download them , Right Click on that link and Save..As

(This host should not corrupt the file if you proceed like this, unlike the previous lycos host)

Replace the animations of the same name found in an Anim.pbo by those ones to have all of them ingame.

Feel free to rework the static animations or the interpolation animations to your liking.

This was so long to do those interpolationss that it just made my life shorter crazy_o.gif .

Here is a pack of 18 animations files (6 static animations, and 12 animated animations wink_o.gif  ) made from scratch.

The specificity of those static animations is that they are all linked with each other in a perfectly smooth interpolation, no stuttering from a stance to another (i spent several days making those transition animations)

The 12 animations that are making the smooth interpolations between each stances may be not of the top quality work as you will certainly notice (the BIS animators have now my complete and total respect when i think of all the work they did making such transition animations) but at least it is totally smooth between them.

Here are screenshots showing the static animations i made for this pack (of course the interpolations are not noticable as those screenshot are not animated biggrin_o.gif )

http://img235.exs.cx/img235/6926/part17yd.jpg

http://img235.exs.cx/img235/2842/part25qp.jpg

To download them , Right Click on that link and Save..As

(This host should not corrupt the file if you proceed like this, unlike the previous lycos host)

Replace the animations of the same name found in an Anim.pbo by those ones to have all of them ingame.

Feel free to rework the static animations or the interpolation animations to your liking.

This was so long to do those interpolationss that it just made my life shorter crazy_o.gif .

Hey man nice animations!

Altho you should lift the toe's a bit back on the Kneeling aim animation because it's not posible with leather boot's to bend your toes in that position.

Please don't see this as critisicme it's just a feed back on your animations smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work!

Hey man nice animations!

Altho you should lift the toe's a bit back on the Kneeling aim animation because it's not posible with leather boot's to bend your toes in that position.

Please don't see this as critisicme it's just a feed back on your animations smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work!

I "redid" the foot extremity to not bend it too much , and finally i ended in redoing -all- the animations linked to this (and there was a lot : crouch , crouch to stand, stand to crouch, crouch binoc, prone, crouch reload, prone to crouch, crouch to prone, prone to stand, stand to prone) to keep a perfect smooth translation and that foot in a more correct position.

I hope it is better , as i doubt i will redo those again , due to the time and the annoying "trial and errors" it took to redo each interpolation animations to keep them smooth

part37er.jpg

To download the "updated" pack with the same animations from my previous post , but each changed to take in account the new foot bending you can see in the screenshot, while keeping smooth interpolation

Just Right Click on that link and Save As

On OFPAnim, the fact it is not possible to copy a frame from an animation file to another animation file is really not making things easy, exactly the opposite when you try to correct a simple frame and that you notice it just lead you to correct a lot of other frames from different animations files.

It is possible to move or copy/paste frames inside an animation file, but copying a frame from an animation file to another is really what would transform this annoying "trial and error" creation when you have to fix a problem into easy animation creation.

If one day OFPAnim is updated again, i strongly hope such a feature will be put in, as it would be a big time saver when fixing such problem.

Holy crap! I just noticed this thread from your sig. Awesome stuff. I appreciate your efforts.

Thank you, i hope you will find some of them usefull and that it will give an interest in creating animation to more people, now there are tutorials in several langages to get started with that OFPAnim program.

As i always thought : the more choices, the better smile_o.gif

Yes, Sanctuary thanks for helping make the OFP universe a bit more diverse.

I have some suggestions...

would you or another anim maker redo some of the death animations... I've looked at the same ones for almost 4 years and they are getting a little bit old.

also when you give us the new animations could you give a brief 1 two words description of what that particular rtm would change...ex

klEkDALEKstat.rtm = reload standing

or something like that.

Thanks for your great work!

Oops, i did that for the previous animations i shared there, but forgot to do that for that mini pack.

klek.rtm ---> Crouching Aiming (static)

klEkDALEKend.rtm ---> Crouching Binocular to Crouching Aiming (interpolation)

klEkDALEKstart.rtm ---> Crouching Aiming to Crouching Binocular (interpolation)

klEkDALEKstat.rtm ---> Crouching Binocular (static)

klekdostani.rtm ---> Crouching Aiming to Stand Aiming (interpolation)

klEklEH.rtm ---> Crouching Aiming to Prone Aiming (interpolation)

klEknaBIJ.rtm ---> Crouching Reloading

lEH.rtm ---> Prone Aiming (static)

lehdostanis.rtm ---> Prone Aiming to Stand Aiming (interpolation)

LEHKLEK.rtm ---> Prone Aiming to Crouch Aiming (interpolation)

savarestanistat.rtm ---> Stand Ready (AI only static)

sDALEK.rtm ---> Stand Aiming to Stand Binocular (interpolation)

sDALEK2.rtm ---> Stand Binocular to Stand Aiming (interpolation)

sDALEKSTAT.rtm ---> Stand Binocular (static)

SNABIJ.rtm ---> Stand Reloading

ssTANIDOKLEK.rtm ---> Stand Aiming to Crouch Aiming (interpolation)

Sstanistat.rtm ---> Stand Aiming (static)

stanisdolehu.rtm ---> Stand Aiming to Prone Aiming (interpolation)

What i call static are stances, they are no movements

What i call interpolations are animations that are linking 2 static ones.

If you create only static animations without creating the interpolations for them , ingame you will notice that something is not right when you go from a stance to another (from prone to standing by example).

Interpolation animation is what is difficult to do , as the eye will notice immediately when something is not good (as an example you can see my interpolations animations for the binocular ones, that i did not really worked a lot) unlike static animations that are easier to setup.

In fact interpolation animation are made by a bunch of static ones , like in an animated movie when you must create image by image and that is long , with lot of "trial and error" that are often annoying.

About death animations, i think Dreamy Knight made new death ones (interpolations and static) in his pack (i don't have the url in mind , but it can be found easily with a search on the forum).

Yes, Sanctuary thanks for helping make the OFP universe a bit more diverse.

I have some suggestions...

would you or another anim maker redo some of the death animations... I've looked at the same ones for almost 4 years and they are getting a little bit old.

also when you give us the new animations could you give a brief 1 two words description of what that particular rtm would change...ex

klEkDALEKstat.rtm = reload standing

or something like that.

Thanks for your great work!

Doing that as I type this.

Nothing major though, I would like to get Sanctuary together with me and maybe some other animators to finally complete an anim.pbo replacement, full replacement.

How about it?

wink_o.gif

If you need some animations for your pack you can use what you want from me , and if you need some help about some specifics ones feel free to PM me for more explanations about what you want.

No guarantee it will be some top notch work, as i have very great difficulties (i am always in learning mode) with those infamous interpolations animations, but i will try to do my best.

No guarantee about "when" too, as unfortunately i go on the animations only when i have some free time in my a bit too busy life actually, but again i will try to do what i can to help as i find the idea of making a "best of" animations pack from different animators a very good idea.

In the meanwhile, i completed another experiment i worked on since some times : modifying the sprint animations from BIS and here is the result

sprintmodbis7ga.jpg

You can download the file by Right Clicking on that link and Save As...

Replace the ssprint0.rtm by the one of the archive inside an Anim.pbo

A quick update, as i was not satisfied by the position of the upper body, i made an alternative sprint based on the previous sprint animation.

altsprintmodif23gv.jpg

As you can see in this screenshot nothing fundamental has changed , i just pivoted a bit to the back the upper body for this alternative sprinting.

So if you prefer that position you can use this alternative sprint instead of the previous one, it 's up to you wink_o.gif .

To download it, Right Click on that link and Save As...

Then replace the ssprint0.rtm by this new one from the zip archive in an Anim.pbo to use it.

Another update, the last one for some time , i promise wink_o.gif

Well , after finishing tweaking a bit my previous modification of the BIS sprint animation, i had the strange idea to replace it with a modification of the "sprint 45 degree to the right" animation from BIS

Finally after adaptating it for a straight forward sprint, and several tweaks, it ended in something visually good, a lot better than i thought and different enough from my other sprint animation to be worth an update here for more diversity.

testsprint47ce.jpg

So here it is for people that are interested

To download this new sprint animation , Right Click on that link and Save ... As

Replace in an Anim.pbo the file ssprint0.rtm by the new one from the archive you just downloaded to use it ingame.

Nice (relentless) work on these anims Sanctuary. 2 things, I've noticed is that the way your soldier holds his gun looks excellent from all angles except 1st person. In this pick you can see the left wrist needs to be brought in and it's attached hand needs to be rotated till the gap between thumb and foregrip is gone. From that angle it would look fine either with or without grenadelauncher as you can't really tell the depth. The right hand needs to be moved to the right so as not to come through the grip.

wrists2aq.th.jpg

The second thing is there is a moment when you soldier glitches for a split second when going from 'crouch aiming to running/sprinting'. I mostly play between 3rd person and optics so I notice this one often. I haven't tried your new sprint anim(s) so I don't know if this fixes it. Other than that this is some excellent work and hope you continue.

Cap.

Thanks for the feedback.

I always secretly hoped none will look at the back of the gun to see that wink_o.gif

Unfortunately, with my poor animating skill i doubt i will correct this easily in the time i am willing to spend on OFPAnim.

An example in screenshot of why it is not as easy to make it looks exactly how i want it to look.

On this OFPAnim screenshot, notice where is the right hand, it is not under the gun , and logically is not in the good place as the fingers do not seem to even touch the gun grip.

n15lk.jpg

Now , look at the result ingame, the fingers are going through the gun despite the fact OFPAnim showed it to be different.

snap8083re.jpg

That is why it can be really frustrating as there is no integrated ingame preview , when you are correcting a single frame you have to repbo the whole animation file in an Anim.pbo then launch OFP to see what it can give.

Then most of the time the result is not the one you expect according to the OFPAnim preview , so you tweak it again, repbo , relaunch OFP and again not satisfying then you ... etc,etc...

Maybe with a real expensive 3D/animation program like 3D studios or Maya it is easier , but with OFPAnim that is what you get, so since ingame i don't really give attention to the back of the gun i accept the little grip error, as fixing it would require more time than i am willing to spend.

Maybe one day i will redo every of the anims trying to correct this , but not in the near future i am sorry (at least with the available tutorials, it is now possible for you to try fixing it yourself, if you have the time to spend in a "trial and error" time)

But at least i made a disclaimer in a previous post biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]may be not of the top quality work as you will certainly notice

For the crouch aiming to running, i did not redid the animation yet so until now there is no real interpolation. But i will try to do something to correct this some days by replacing this BIS animation, thanks for the report.