Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

Have you ever tried quitting smoking/alcohol?

third vodka shto... It really enforces your emitoins! But you can*t realyl feel pain at all! I just fell off the chair in the living room couldn't feel a thing, but i Really laughed hard biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gifghostface.gif

Goob :

Quote[/b] ]BREAKING THE SEAL

Your first pi$$ in the pub, usually after 2 hours of drinking. After breaking the seal of your bladder, repeat visits to the toilet will be required every 10 or 15 minutes for the rest of the night.

tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]In one episode of 'Cheers', Cliff is seated at the bar describing the Buffalo Theory to his buddy, Norm.

(I don't think I've ever heard the concept explained any better than this....)

"Well you see, Norm, it's like this...A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo.

And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.

This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general

speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.

Now, as we know, excssive intake of alcohol kills brain cells.

But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest braincells first.

In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Some more amusing quotes biggrin_o.gif

Man, you gotta be like, some kind of cop who just saw his family die or something to get drunk and listen to sad music. Wine is a party drink and beer should be treated the same way.

Man, you gotta be like, some kind of cop who just saw his family die or something to get drunk and listen to sad music. Wine is a party drink and beer should be treated the same way.

ROFL tounge_o.gif My sister had a few friends from abroad over last night. I sat with them most of the night, then they went out to town and I tried to continue with my night (had already taken my two first vodka shots and the whiskey). And listening to the music I usually listen to, but I quickly changed tunes to more upbeat ones. As I said, happy music! biggrin_o.gif

And I wouldn't say I was drunk, however. The alcohol combined with incredible ammounts of live candles, making me warm did make me a wee bit dizzy tounge_o.gif

Oh, and how much alchol would it take to make me drunk? Just out of pure curiousity. I am 193cm's tall and I weigh in at 93 kg's. I just need to know if I would pass under "drunk" or just "tipsy".

how much alchol would it take to make me drunk? Just out of pure curiousity. I am 193cm's tall and I weigh in at 93 kg's. I just need to know if I would pass under "drunk" or just "tipsy".

depends on your liver.

if you're really healthy and clean etc etc you'll be out after two glasses of wine, but when you continue to "polute" your body you can drink more and more....

but don't try it wink_o.gif

Obviously, there is no concrete border between tipsy and drunk. However, you will know you're drunk when you're drunk:P Personally, I try to avoid getting drunk as much as possible. It slows down your thinking, seriously impedes your speech, and, well, coordinated movements aren't exactly easy either. It's hard to debate the existence of reality or charm a girl with your bon mots when your tongue feels as if its mass has increased by 200%. Thus, my message to everyone out there is simple: drink moderately! Moderation is the key to everything:)

PS: Alcohol combined with 'sad' music can be a perfect source of inspiration. Or suicidal tendencies. Whichever comes first.

Obviously, there is no concrete border between tipsy and drunk. However, you will know you're drunk when you're drunk:P Personally, I try to avoid getting drunk as much as possible. It slows down your thinking, seriously impedes your speech, and, well, coordinated movements aren't exactly easy either. It's hard to debate the existence of reality or charm a girl with your bon mots when your tongue feels as if its mass has increased by 200%. Thus, my message to everyone out there is simple: drink moderately! Moderation is the key to everything

What you say is all true. When you use drugs in a controlled way there isn't too much danger if you ask me.

Being drunk just isn't a lot of fun... being tipsy however is loooooots of fun tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

The same goes for every drug out there, if you use it in a grown up, controlled way then it isn't that bad. However some ppl can't handle such responsibility... or at least so it seems...

Quote[/b] ]PS: Alcohol combined with 'sad' music can be a perfect source of inspiration. Or suicidal tendencies. Whichever comes first.

And also listening to marching music while drunk is a good way to get yourself rallied from miserable feelings. Listening to Enya in a bad hangover is good too, makes you feel like your floating in a pool of reviving mineral water.

"Reviving mineral water"? Sounds a bit tree-huggish to me:P

Incidentally, the Black Label Society have made an album called Hangover Music Vol. 4... I can't say they delivered on that promise, I would rather call it migraine-enhancing.

Anyway, isn't it curious how a topic about quitting bad habits has turned into a thread on how to nurtute bad habits & survive? tounge_o.gif

Anyway, isn't it curious how a topic about quitting bad habits has turned into a thread on how to nurtute bad habits & survive? tounge_o.gif

the hijacked thread is now forced back on topic tounge_o.gif :

Damnit - I still haven't smoked since 220904 ! smile_o.gif

"Cigarette pack is an inanimate object, incapable of harming anybody"

"Countries that ban smoking in public places have a higher cancer rate"

lol biggrin_o.gif good continuation. Long live the NRA propaganda

Cigarettes have nothing on death.

Did you know that more people die from death each year than from all other major diseases combined!!

and that the Surgeon General has determined Death to be hazardous to your health.   crazy_o.gif

and to everyone who is thinking about drinking and driving i say this:

Don't do it, you may drive over a bump, spill your drink and ruin a perfectly good pair of pants.

Don't do it, you may drive over a bump, spill your drink and ruin a perfectly good pair of pants.

Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly!

Ahum...

...sorry...

wink_o.gif

I'm not surprised at all tounge_o.gif

Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly!

Ahum...

...sorry...

wink_o.gif

But then you may hit some turbulence and get a nasty burn on your nice new shirt tounge_o.gif