Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

<<<China>>>

Foreign investment is a main element driving chinas economy, i don't see why they would harm economic growth by invading wow_o.gif a NATO country and primary export partner, especially as bilateral relationships have improved considerably. China, as the US, is actively pursuing new energy strategies, a dispute between the US and China over natural oil resources seems rather unlikely. Aside from the economic POV, and although Chinas military is in the process of modernizing, it's military expenditures are only a fraction of the $370 billion (FY 2004 est.) the U.S. is pumping into a "high tech" army. The bulk of Chinas military equipment, in all branches, is rather low-tech and obsolete by todays standards, compromising mainly of copys of older russian equipment as already said.

I was reading on this site:-

http://www.comw.org/cmp/

or could have been on jane's but china only has the capacity to airlift 1 division (10,000 men). nowhere near enough to invade any sovereign country.

Taiwan on the other hand......?

And their having a referendum in 2006 on proclaiming independence, if vote is yes the Fit Will Hit The SHan and no mistake.

and just in time for OFP2.

No, the result of any overt military hostility by Beijing against the accursed insurrectionist imperialists in Taipei (aside from the island in the Straights of Formosa that is bombed continually) would be dimly viewed by the rest of the world for a little bit of time, numerous resolutions passed condemning the escalation of the situation, and much hand-wringing.

Invasion would likely result in severe damage either in attack or sabatoge to the economic golden-egg laying goose that Beijing seeks to pluck, so their interest is more in putting political pressure to convince them to roll over like the British did with Hong Kong.

US policy has been to keep significant amounts of military resources based in Taiwan, S. Korea, and Okinawa as a tripwire cause for response. As long as our invitation to stay remains open, and our forces are mixed in with theirs, it's impossible to strike Japan, S. Korea, and Taiwan with out 'attacking' the US.

Now that those countries are developing further and taking more of a role in regional diplomacy on their own, it gives the US an opportunity to look at redeployments out of the area.

I was reading on this site:-

http://www.comw.org/cmp/

or could have been on jane's but china only has the capacity to airlift 1 division (10,000 men). nowhere near enough to invade any sovereign country.

Taiwan on the other hand......?

And their having a referendum in 2006 on proclaiming independence, if vote is yes the Fit Will Hit The SHan and no mistake.

and just in time for OFP2.

US mobility and, as stated earlier, experience, would definitely counter any surprise that China could spring on us. It's a close-to-zero percent chance that they could launch a massive "surprise" invasion anyway, but if they somehow succeeded, they wouldn't last too long. Our technology, varied terrain, and experience would prove a formidable adversary. Add the fact that we would be on the defensive, and that supply lines would be stretched by 5000+ miles of ocean, and the possibility of China successfully "invading" the US is very very VERY low.

China invades the US, gets stuck in traffic and goes broke from giving all their money to beggars.

Quote[/b] ]resources based in Taiwan, S. Korea, and Okinawa

Have you read about the planned and decided major pullout of US forces from South Korea ?

Quote[/b] ]Have you read about the planned and decided major pullout of US forces from South Korea ?

But, they are moving in other resources (i.e. F/A-22)  that could reach China/North Korea if the plan happens....

Quote[/b] ]Now that those countries are developing further and taking more of a role in regional diplomacy on their own, it gives the US an opportunity to look at redeployments out of the area.

Of course I've read about it, that's why I said what I did. With N. Korea switching gears from a land war mode to a nuclear mode, it makes no sense to continue to stage legacy divisions there as also in Europe. The forces that they would need for dubious ops can be staged out of Okinawa just as well, and out of range of the N. Korean artillery.

its a physical impossibility to conquer such a vast land as the USA or China.

The Mongols invaded and created an empire that reached the size of aprox. 33,152,000 sq. km sq.  despite speaking in over a hundred different dialects, having no written language, vastly behind the various Novogrod, Kieven and European nations in terms of technology and weapons and no supply chain.

America is only 9,631,418 sq km, nothing is impossible.

Thats the reason the Mongol Empire fell. It got split up into smaller faction controlled be many Khan's not just one.

Heh, they may be able to conquer it (which I don't think is possible anyway due to all the technology nowadays that cancel out eachother), but they won't be able to contain the citizens, especially if they're nationalistic. The reason why the Mongols suceeded in upholding order in the states they conquered was that they killed almost everyone and everything they could find...people, dogs, cats, birds...and piled up massive mountains of skulls.

If there's trouble, kill it. smile_o.gif

As the famous J.V.Stalin once said "No man no problem" tounge_o.gif

Or something like that...

Quote[/b] ]China invades the US, gets stuck in traffic and goes broke from giving all their money to beggars.

Not to mention all those crazy soccer moms with their H2's they could simply trash one of those old chinese APC's just by their driving skillz!!11! ghostface.gif

the mainpoint is:WHAT FOR?

china have already got too much for deffencing

N.K,(no we aint friends, china support them just because they pop out in the middle of china and US) Japan(personally i dont think they have ever drop the idea of invading china), etc.

the only chance for china to invade US is that if she run into some dumbass manica like in a Tom Clancy novel. but orthrough there is a large numbers of sh*t heads in my country who always think we could wipe out the enemys i said above, but i dont think the "brains" at the top of PRC have that guts and are that "smart" for such BS.

Quote[/b] ]Have you read about the planned and decided major pullout of US forces from South Korea ?

But, they are moving in other resources (i.e. F/A-22) that could reach China/North Korea if the plan happens....

The Air Force does not hold nor conquer territory.

Quote[/b] ]The Air Force does not hold nor conquer territory.

If a suprised act happened by North Korea on South Korea, I hate to say it they the forces on ground (37,000 total) will be left in a bloody mess.

I was trying to say while TBA plan wants to move some troops out, they are moving in other resources.

Exactly. Asia fights on wars of attrition, as everyone lower than the Emporer is an expendable serf.

The parts of west that reject historical and social feudalism, especially the US, can't prosecute a 'land war in Asia', because we won't equate bodies to a cause.

Which is why the classic mud soldiers are being rotated out and replaced with rapid response and dubious ops folks and equipment.

As the famous J.V.Stalin once said "No man no problem"  tounge_o.gif  

Or something like that...

Quote[/b] ]China invades the US, gets stuck in traffic and goes broke from giving all their money to beggars.

Not to mention all those crazy soccer moms with their H2's they could simply trash one of those old chinese APC's just by their driving skillz!!11!  ghostface.gif

My god, hundreds of thousands of angry PMS-ing soccer moms, imagine the carnage wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The Air Force does not hold nor conquer territory.

If a suprised act happened by North Korea on South Korea, I hate to say it they the forces on ground (37,000 total) will be left in a bloody mess.

I was trying to say while TBA plan wants to move some troops out, they are moving in other resources.

The point is, the US would never be able to station the resources needed to stop a determined NK attack. We would basically have to take over SK.

The forces in SK were never considered anything but a speed bump , something to MAYBE slow down the NK attack and maybe give Allies time to react (same rationale as the Fulda Gap in Germany).

Quote[/b] ]The point is, the US would never be able to station the resources needed to stop a determined NK attack. We would basically have to take over SK.

The forces in SK were never considered anything but a speed bump , something to MAYBE slow down the NK attack and maybe give Allies time to react (same rationale as the Fulda Gap in Germany).

yep... I guess they are trying to keep the body count down during the initial invasion by North Korea and just try to hold on places that are "important" (if the plan happens)...

Japan(personally i dont think they have ever drop the idea of invading china), etc.

Which is kinda funny since they only have a defense force if I remember correctly.

Japan(personally i dont think they have ever drop the idea of invading china), etc.

Which is kinda funny since they only have a defense force if I remember correctly.

That's what Hawaii said, then WHAM!

This whole China v. US thing, somebody should make an OFP campaign or SP mission.  Seriously, call it "Crimson Sunrise" or something.