Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

<<<China>>>

Quote[/b] ]That's what Hawaii said, then WHAM!

Did I miss something?

biggrin_o.gif

I have. Its one of the missions in my visnorsk campaign, try like 30 groups of 12 men charging the position almost at once and trying to defend...fun isn't it?

Ya but look, it would be tight because we have a reason now to create the United States!

Japan(personally i dont think they have ever drop the idea of invading china), etc.

Which is kinda funny since they only have a defense force if I remember correctly.

even more funny is that there is lots of information showing that they are trying as much as possible to get rib of that "self defence" title, not to mention what those "right hand" says

p.s.on difference between china and japan is that while we tell lairs to fool the whole world, they on the other hand, tell lairs to fool themself ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]China's Party Chief Tells Army to Be Ready for War

Thu Sep 30, 2004 02:57 AM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese Communist Party chief and President Hu Jintao has urged the People's Liberation Army (PLA) to prepare for a military struggle, but stopped short of singling out rival Taiwan as the target.

Many security analysts see the Taiwan Strait as the most dangerous flashpoint in Asia. China claims sovereignty over Taiwan and has threatened to attack if the democratic island of 23 million people declares independence.

Hu, who assumed the role of military chief less than two weeks ago, told the 2.5-million-strong PLA to "seize the moment and do a good job of preparing for a military struggle," the People's Daily and the Liberation Army Daily said on Thursday.

Hu did not say against whom the struggle might be fought.

But on Wednesday, a spokesman for China's policymaking Taiwan Affairs Office accused Taiwan Premier Yu Shyi-kun of clamoring for war with threats to fire missiles at Shanghai if the PLA attacked the self-ruled island.

Taiwan needed a counter-strike capability, Yu said in defense of plans to buy T$610.8 billion (US$18.2 billion) worth of weapons from the United States.

He made the remarks hours before thousands of people took to the streets of Taipei on Saturday to demand the government scrap the weapons package they said would trigger an arms race with China and squeeze social welfare and state spending on education.

Tension between China and Taiwan has been simmering since the re-election in March of the island's President Chen Shui-bian, who Beijing is convinced will push for statehood during his second four-year term.

Beijing and Taipei have been rivals since their split at the end of the Chinese civil war in 1949, but trade, investment and tourism have blossomed since detente in the late 1980s.

Hu also urged the PLA, the world's biggest army, to "comprehensively revolutionize, modernize and standardize," newspapers said. No details were given.

Hu, 61, replaced Jiang Zemin, 78, as chairman of the Central Military Commission on Sept. 19, completing the most orderly leadership succession in the 55 years since the Communist Party took power.

The following day he promoted two senior officers in a move that was likely to help consolidate his position in the PLA.

Ruh-Roh!

Beat me to it crazy_o.gif

Scary stuff

*edit* Might as well put this in the China thread:

Chinese Death toll competition

Quote[/b] ]CHINA has ordered television networks not to run unauthorised contests using mobile phone text messaging after a state-run station held a lottery to guess the death toll from the school siege tragedy in Beslan, Russia.

Official media today carried a notice from the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, ordering broadcasters to get permission to run games soliciting listener participation through SMS, or short-message service.

News programs are banned from such activities, and other programs may not use them with "political or sensitive topics", it said.

The order comes as regulators try to exert more control over SMS messaging amid mounting complaints over advertisements, lotteries and other unsolicited messages received on mobile phones.

According to reports in Beijing News and other state-run newspapers, China Central Television removed several executives after it was censured for running an SMS lottery during a September 6 broadcast of Today's Focus.

It invited the public to guess the number of people killed during the Beslan siege.

Viewers were given four choices, ranging from 302 to 402. More than 330 people died, mostly children.

The program ran on the state broadcaster's international channel, CCTV 4. Staff there refused comment.

The lottery angered Moscow, offended many viewers and prompted lively commentaries on China's Internet bulletin boards. Most praised efforts to crack down on such programs.

"Many SMS lotteries are nothing but a trap," Jiang Chen, a student in Nanjing, wrote on the website of Shenyang Jingbao, a north-eastern China newspaper.

"The chance to be rewarded is tiny, but you can always expect to pay extra money for your phone bill even if you respond just once," Jiang wrote.

mad_o.gif

As the famous J.V.Stalin once said "No man no problem"  tounge_o.gif  

Or something like that...

Quote[/b] ]China invades the US, gets stuck in traffic and goes broke from giving all their money to beggars.

Not to mention all those crazy soccer moms with their H2's they could simply trash one of those old chinese APC's just by their driving skillz!!11!  ghostface.gif

My god, hundreds of thousands of angry PMS-ing soccer moms, imagine the carnage  wow_o.gif

All i can imagine is Avon in a car trying to get her kids to school biggrin_o.gif

Beat me to it  crazy_o.gif

Scary stuff

*edit* Might as well put this in the China thread:

Chinese Death toll competition

Quote[/b] ]CHINA has ordered television networks not to run unauthorised contests using mobile phone text messaging after a state-run station held a lottery to guess the death toll from the school siege tragedy in Beslan, Russia.

Official media today carried a notice from the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, ordering broadcasters to get permission to run games soliciting listener participation through SMS, or short-message service.

News programs are banned from such activities, and other programs may not use them with "political or sensitive topics", it said.

The order comes as regulators try to exert more control over SMS messaging amid mounting complaints over advertisements, lotteries and other unsolicited messages received on mobile phones.

According to reports in Beijing News and other state-run newspapers, China Central Television removed several executives after it was censured for running an SMS lottery during a September 6 broadcast of Today's Focus.

It invited the public to guess the number of people killed during the Beslan siege.

Viewers were given four choices, ranging from 302 to 402. More than 330 people died, mostly children.

The program ran on the state broadcaster's international channel, CCTV 4. Staff there refused comment.

The lottery angered Moscow, offended many viewers and prompted lively commentaries on China's Internet bulletin boards. Most praised efforts to crack down on such programs.

"Many SMS lotteries are nothing but a trap," Jiang Chen, a student in Nanjing, wrote on the website of Shenyang Jingbao, a north-eastern China newspaper.

"The chance to be rewarded is tiny, but you can always expect to pay extra money for your phone bill even if you respond just once," Jiang wrote.

mad_o.gif

most of the "normal" ppl in china have already knows the truth that those "television networks" are not more then a piece of crap, infact, most of the info we gain about the tragedy is from internet, proxy rules biggrin_o.gif

proxy rules biggrin_o.gif

Why do you need to use a proxy?

What, do you think the Chinese government allows unrestricted acces to the internet to it's people?  rock.gif

There's a little thing called censorship, and proxies can help get around that.

*edit* I'm actually surprized internet access like that is available in China, since it's not all that difficult to defeat the censorship. I'm in e-mail contact with several family members in Cuba, but all they have access to is a local intranet and a messaging service able to recieve e-mails from the exterior.

proxy rules biggrin_o.gif

Why do you need to use a proxy?

What, do you think the Chinese government allows unrestricted acces to the internet to it's people?  rock.gif

There's a little thing called censorship, and proxies can help get around that.

*edit* I'm actually surprized internet access like that is available in China, since it's not all that difficult to defeat the censorship. I'm in e-mail contact with several family members in Cuba, but all they have access to is a local intranet and a messaging service able to recieve e-mails from the exterior.

dont forgot china got 1.3 billion ppl, around 10% get internet access, they will got into a hell lots of troble if they blocks off all access to the outside world, and as long as there is access to outside there will always be some way to run around the censorship

What about feeding and arming millions of chinese conscripts tens of thousands kilometres away?

You got a good start there. Now, scratch the 'arming' and just send your millions of conscripts to the next US military base and let them surrender. Suddenly its the USA that has to feed millions of POWs biggrin_o.gif

PS: This idea is not from me, but I don't know where it comes from...

Does China seem repressive from this article  about a national game ratings system?

most of the gamers in china dont care a shit about this kind of stuff, simply cause there is too many illegal copy on the market and if you got money and you know the way, you could always been able to find a legal copy