Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

<<<China>>>

Hey

I'd like to start a topic about the capabilities of China, militarily.  

I've heard some rumors of stealth cargo planes possibly being made in the future by other nations.  Imagine the potential of this for such a nation such as China?

China has milions of soldiers with 600 Million in reserve.  Imagine if they wanted to invade the USA, they could do it quite easily if they had such technology as the stealth technology.  Cargo planes dropping thousands of troops into our forests perhaps without us even knowing a thing.  Do you think the United States is prepared for such a thing?  Have you ever thought about this before?

We will be in a war with them someday, we always are with the largest military power but what do you think...could china be the downfall to the USA?

I'm also curious to talk about what exactly their military has in terms of technology.  What type of weapons, vehicles, tanks, and airplanes do they have?

~BMg

Nah, it would not work. Trying to transport hundreds of thousands of troops via air stealthily is actually not very possible.

They would get picked up on radar and the first one which would get spotted would trigger a massive defensive operation...

not to mention that via Inteligence gathering you would know ahead of time they had this technology and XY potential.

Honestly, China has little desire to invade the US. Not to metion we are on the other side of the world...think of the supply chain alone with Japan there.

Taiwan on the other hand....

But there is always a way, you know this, we know this.  Russia has this one type of plane, tupolev model, designed to land on high ways or small roads in the united States, it would be able to land and drop 2 tanks and some troops while on the move, take off, and be gone before you knew what happened if it had stealth technology.

Oh their nice neighboor, lol. Ya, that is a different story but imagine the retaliation from the UN and other countries who are allies of Tiawan?

~Bmg

Why would china attack someone they profit from economically? rock.gif

Besides as bn880 said such a massive redalert2 type invasion is only possible in video games not in Real life today , stealth or not radar will eventually pick up such a massive amount of air trafffic if not well theres always the bloody eye contact i mean the planes wont be invisible.

Besides If theres anything any nation considers about first before attacking its the Nukes , china dont want that sort of retaliation otherwise they could easily go from the worlds populous nation to the most scarcely populated one ....

Worse comes to worse pass a new legislation in the US constitution allowing folks to own SAMs in their homes on the west coast tounge_o.gif they already have a load of guns these little tubes wont bother them either.

Oh their nice neighboor, lol. Ya, that is a different story but imagine the retaliation from the UN and other countries who are allies of Tiawan?

~Bmg

The UN is not Taiwan's Ally. They don't even recognize it. Not after kicking it out after China's insistance.

reddawn091504.gif

teh commies are coming!11

But seriously, why invade USA? Lot of area to cover, 300 million people and natural resources pumped out already. Talk about a logistics nightmare. crazy_o.gif

You forget about the high powered phased array radar systems that are used to find and track high altitude aircraft and ballistic missiles.

For any transport aircraft, stealth or not to achieve that range, it would have to fly into the detection range of various Aegis class ships that regularly patrol the Western U.S. coast and around Hawaii.

There is significant proof that Aegis ships have the capability to find, track, and possibily attack most stealth aircraft at significant ranges.

Logistically, the Chinese would have to litterally sell their souls to the devil in order to achieve a surprise massive airborne insertion into the U.S. mainland soil.

Plus, it sounds obsurd anyways.  The Chinese are somewhat similiar to what the Soviets were in the Cold War, completely paranoid.  The only major issue with the PRC is their hardline political system and the problem with Taiwan.

Red Dawn...no no no...thats the dumbest movie in the world.  But look, if we got into a major war with them, i'm just saying, then do you think if they were angry or desperate or pissed at us, they would launch some kind of an invassion against us?

Do you think if we were in a war and we were starving of resources and alot of the pacific fleet was destroy and some of the other navy resources, some defenses bombed and other things, do you think it would be possible still?

~Bmg

Quote[/b] ]The Chinese are somewhat similiar to what the Soviets were in the Cold War, completely paranoid.

Yeah its the chinese paranoid here! biggrin_o.gif

LOL you are saying china has too big army and US should bomb it?  tounge_o.gif lol just build more McDonalds biggrin_o.gif Biological weapon LOL!

Red Dawn...no no no...thats the dumbest movie in the world. But look, if we got into a major war with them, i'm just saying, then do you think if they were angry or desperate or pissed at us, they would launch some kind of an invassion against us?

~Bmg

They only way we would get in a war with them is possibly Taiwan, or N. Korea.

And in that case they don't have the naval ability to make an amphib landing half way around the world, or a airbone assualt half way around the world.

The war would be completely fought in the Pacific and in their backyard.

Red Dawn...no no no...thats the dumbest movie in the world. But look, if we got into a major war with them, i'm just saying, then do you think if they were angry or desperate or pissed at us, they would launch some kind of an invassion against us?

What about feeding and arming millions of chinese conscripts tens of thousands kilometres away? Would'nt the conflict escalate to nuclear exchange at that point?

Red Dawn...no no no...thats the dumbest movie in the world.  But look, if we got into a major war with them, i'm just saying, then do you think if they were angry or desperate or pissed at us, they would launch some kind of an invassion against us?

~Bmg

And in that case they don't have the naval ability to make an amphib landing half way around the world, or a airbone assualt half way around the world.

who cares about N Korea there is no OIL   unclesam.gif

someday US will be invaded by somebody... they cant get away from starting war, US thinks they can bomb every country that has no democracy rock.gif  every country has right to establish any type of goverment they want..

~Bmg

who cares about N Korea there is no OIL   unclesam.gif

someday US will be invaded by somebody... they cant get away from starting war, US thinks they can bomb every country that has no democracy rock.gif  every country has right to establish any type of goverment they want..

This thread is not about US invading China, stop using it as your platform for anti-american bullshit.

Stick to the topic.

Sgt. Milkman

lol me anti american?  wink_o.gif  i dont think that you like seeing on news that us soldiers dying in war in Iraq....

and what i'm trying to say that china is not stupid to have big casulties.. so they will never invade any country

and i can say same thing stop anti-communism bullshit  blues.gif

so stay on topic too  tounge_o.gif

if i was talking about anti-american i would say it only using two words rock.gif

Agreed...there's absolutely no motivation for the Chinese to attack us and no way they could take the fight to the continental US even if they had one.

But from what I see locally, in the unlikely event there was an actual invasion of the USA, the most the Rhode Island National Guard would be able to do is put up a flight or two of Cobra gunships. There are C-130s and Blackhawks around, but those are no help in repelling an invading force.

The nearest fighter cover would probably be a handful of F-15s from Otis AFB in Massachusetts, though as they keep a few on strip alert they'd be in the air and ready for a fight quickly.

There are some engineer and MP units based in the middle of the state, but all they've got (as far as I've ever seen) in terms of support are Humvees and 5-tons, so I can't imagine they'd be able to do much more than put up a hasty defense in the face of an invasion - probably scattered pockets of resistance by blocking roads and closing off Route 95, which is really the only major highway running through RI.

The ANG would probably be able to also put some Loaches in the air to help track enemy movements and spot for artillery batteries - there are some based here but at least some are deployed overseas right now. IIRC they have some towed 105s, so depending on how well the other NG units held up, they might have enough time to set up firing positions and offer their services.

I think most of the fighting would be done by active-duty units still at their bases in the US....IIRC most of the 4th Infantry - considered to the division with the greatest armored capability - returned to Texas some time ago after being deployed. Units like that would probably have to use the time the Guard buys them to form up and get ready to rumble.

But all this is just what I've seen - I'm not in the Guard but I know people (officers and enlisted) who are. As pretty much everyone agrees, it would probably never happen that an enemy force invades CONUS but I figured I'd speculate a little because the hypothetical question (despite it's low probablity of occuring) is something that's intersted me for a while, too.

Quote[/b] ]who cares about N Korea there is no OIL

And neither does China, which is where the complications come in.

Several sections of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE) have been monitoring various technology sector growths in China, and comparable to other analyst's report suggest that China is very much on the rise of a massive modernization boom. Demand for electrical and electronic systems is skyrocketing, and the number of cars on the road is growing exponentially yearly.

Where this all comes back to is the fact that China has very little domestic oil fields (unlike the US, which values the rights of moss-nibbling critters above humans), and their fields are quite old and extraction costs are rapidly becoming unprofitable.

China is also unable to meet it's own domestic power needs by coal. It does not have enough coal, and what it does have is some of the dirtiest grade. China has been able to avoid the punitive environmental restrictions others have been burdened with by claiming indigent status.

Back to cars. The number of cars in china is growing exponentially yearly. All that oil has to come from somewhere, and China's consumption exceeded it's production about 10 years ago according to the US Department of Energy's analysis department. Consumption is now around 3x~4x production iirc.

While in the US we worry about our trade deficit specifically with China for political reasons, China has a much more serious case across their economy as reported by an arm of the Beijing propaganda machine here.

Thus far, they've been able to leverage their previous trade surpluses to purchase the oil to meet their needs. But as a news article today pointed out here

Quote[/b] ]A report by the Center for Global Energy Studies asserted that the price of crude oil was no longer under OPEC control. The report said OPEC, with spare production capacity of 1.5 million barrels per day, does not have sufficient capacity to significantly reduce oil prices...

This is because the commodities markets are being affected by a long-term growth in demand, that will not be eased out anytime soon. There are other factors such as Venezuela and such, but it's a bit out of place to count Iraq in the negative column, since it wasn't supposed to have been counted in the first place until as of late.

The situtation now is China is thirsty, and China has cash, so China will be setting the price of oil globally for beyond the forseeable future.

On a related note, a major S. Korean shipping comapany announced a few weeks ago that they would be closing a profitable port in Portland, Or., and opening a port in Shanghai. They weren't loosing money in the US, but they stood to make more in China. Simple economics. Now when people start getting torqued because they can't have their cake and eat it too, that's when the politicians start the saber-rattling, instead of moving to fix the problems of their own creation.

My grandfather is over 90 years old, survived several rounds of cancer, climbs mountains daily, all despite glowing in the dark from years of work on 1st generation prototype reactors. Go Nuclear! smile_o.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

As for invasion, there's a whole lot of us and a whole lot of them. D-Day wasn't done in a day, they were ferrying men and equipment both ways daily well beyond the end of WW2. They'd have to hijack the whole world's fleet of cruise ships to haul enough troops over, plus equipment. No, economic war is much more practical and adventageous in this type of game.

Well they are welcome to try and invade Texas....home of the Concealed Handgun Law, Open Container Law, and gun racks.

If China somehow figured out how to move all of it's starving troops, inexperienced pilots, and knockoff equipment over here and invaded the US we'd probably just sweep down our millions of reserves from the north, landing our stealth C5s on highways and kicking troops and tanks out the door.  Then we would work on infecting them all with the T virus.  Then we could probably start using nuclear weapons on US soil, depends on how much oil is left in the affected areas.

Sarcasm aside, it's not going to happen.  China could not move a force large enough to sustain itself over here while every gun-toting American fought them off, not to mention all the troops freshly back from Iraq. At least not without us knowing first.

only one equipment they need AK74  biggrin_o.gif  its not bad equipment! and another thing you can win war with Kozlice! equipment doesnt matter! you only need EXPIRIENCE.

soldier that thinks that equipment will save his ass = dead soldier. but chinees soldiers have low EXPIRIENCE! even russian soldier has more expirience.... and US......  rock.gif  i dont need say anything about expirience of US soldier you know the answer  tounge_o.gif so you know who will win without using Nukes US or China. Nuke = bad thing for both sides  biggrin_o.gif even if china wins guerilla warfare will begin.. Can you emige being in another country us enemy soldier??? everyone throwing everything that people can and shooting from everything. I dont think that any soldier likes to be shoot in back by MAD civilians.. example of expirince is Usama Bin Laden.. if you are saing that US have best equipment.. why Usama is alive then  wink_o.gif

its a physical impossibility to conquer such a vast land as the USA or China, any invasion would be pointless, leading only to great loss and ultimately to defeat.

IMO China will be the next capitalist superpower before this dirtball we call Earth decides it has had enough and exterminates us tounge_o.gif

Bonko the Sane

Earth will not destroy us....  Earth will wait until people dont start kill each other  crazy_o.gif

lol if china will attack US will loose lots of products that is made in china so US will never make china against US biggrin_o.gif