Sign in to follow this  
John J. Rambo

U.S. Soldiers 1967/68

I just tried the new version. Really nice!! The only gripe I have are displaced bullet-tracers(with the M16), but that can't be avoided in this case, I guess. Once again, good job!

well finally updated em, and like em they are nice, look kick ass with some of the older military vehicle addons, and go beyond 1968 in time line seeing Us troops wore that styple unform and gear up to the early 80s. When the new BDUs came in, often still wore the OD green uniforms beyond that, looks good driving around M151A1s and Gamagoats.

They look great but SIGHHHH... while you've got the correct 3-prong flash-hiders on the M16A1, you've got the M16A2 rear drum sight assembly to the rear of the carrying handle. A glaring mistake to anyone who has carried both of them.

Isn`t the M4 too modern for that era?

I thought that the barrel was shorter at that time.

Isn`t the M4 too modern for that era?

I thought that the barrel was shorter at that time.

my thoughts exactly

The Barrel flashhider changed shortly after getting the forward assist. M16 and early M16A1 had the three prong flash supressor. Eventyallt phased out for the basket type because the three prone was prone to bending when dropped or being used to beat VC with in close quaters, often blocking the barrel, which could cause damage to the weapon. You weapon freaks just use one the other 5 dozen weapon packs if these upset you so much and quit spamming the board with your whining..

there were several CAR15 vesions during the nam conflict. The CAR-15 (or better; XM177) has a much shorter barrel than the weapon in this pack.

note; the 'M4' from BIS is the XM177E2, which is the army XM177. The one used in the game is a newer version with birdcage supressor.

Quote[/b] ]spamming the board with your whining
it's not spamming. Some is this meant to help the guy create a better pack. perhaps he didn't know all this and wants to change it.
Quote[/b] ]often still wore the OD green uniforms beyond that
Correct. The ODgreen was used for quite some time. It was also very popular among SF who used it instead of the M82 woodland BDU's when everybody switches to those. Quite funny though, because earlier SF where the first to switch to ERDL while everybody else was still wearing OD green.

I don't think the OD-green was still used in 85, but it indeed looks very good in OFP.

Question for Rambo, how did you pbo these babies? My Makepbo doesnt do the job, i changed the configs a little bit, ya know, take out the NV's and binocs(except for officer), and for now change the M60 and Colt 1911 till yours are fixed. I get an error in the end, saying it cant save the pbo, which program did you use?

Stuff PBO works, I too messed with some textures, adding some mud and also fixed the gap between the hands and the wrists, and corrected the helmets so they aren't perfect on their heads.

I love these, will keep me company until The Unsung or Vietnam: Burned Battlefields releases some men wink_o.gif

The slatpockets tropical survived in the invintory up till as late as the 90s, commonly worn in the 82nd, Ranger, SF, and ANG units. Hell I still have my pickle suits mostlikely the last soldier issued it.

Scary to have been in long enough through three to four uniform changes. ;)

Would be cool if you guys could release those fixed versions, of course if JJR gives the permission. smile_o.gif He must be a busy man, so it couldn't hurt to ask? wink_o.gif

He's got it under control, want if done faster, pay him to stop his reallife to make addons.. =P Soldier models are the hardest thing to make in OFP..

Would it be possible for more realism, to have the LAW launcher being put flat on top of the backpack instead of vertically?

I'm using a program called MakePbo, so that could be it. I'll try again with stuff-pbo.

The slatpockets tropical survived in the invintory up till as late as the 90s, commonly worn in the 82nd, Ranger, SF, and ANG units.   Hell I still have my pickle suits mostlikely the last soldier issued it.

Scary to have been in long enough through three to four uniform changes.  ;)

Sorry, but Rangers were wearing level-pocketed woodland camo BDU's in the late '80's. They must have dumped OD slant-pocketed BDU's in the mid-'80's, before I enlisted, because I remember seeing plenty of pictures of Rangers in OD slant-pocketed BDU's in the early-'80's.

Although this pack is very good already, i dont think you should leave this the definitive one. Offcourse the LODs on the Colt 1911 and M60 should be fixed, cuz it dont look nice on the battlefield, and i think you should add one more machinegunner. You seen that Scout Ghillie Sniper,it has an animation scripted that when it prones, it holds the gun in another way(one hand on the trigger, the other on the buttstock). If you give the Cav Soldier 2(CAR 15) a new M-60, with a deployed bi-pod(so the front of the gun supports on something, so it wont look funny) and add that prone animation(contact marine sniper,or Wilco, who's also active in this topic). That, and the fixed LODs would really make it the best pack out there. And Wilco, how do you like that idea?

The slatpockets tropical survived in the invintory up till as late as the 90s, commonly worn in the 82nd, Ranger, SF, and ANG units.   Hell I still have my pickle suits mostlikely the last soldier issued it.

Scary to have been in long enough through three to four uniform changes.  ;)

Sorry, but Rangers were wearing level-pocketed woodland camo BDU's in the late '80's.  They must have dumped OD slant-pocketed BDU's in the mid-'80's, before I enlisted, because I remember seeing plenty of pictures of Rangers in OD slant-pocketed BDU's in the early-'80's.

Technically, the Slant Pockets were called Jungle Fatigues or OG 107's.  These were made from Rip-Stop cotton.

The Pickle suit was the OG 106 with the level pockets and no pockets on the bottom of the jacket so it could be worn tucked into the trousers.  These were a polycotton twill IIRC and sutiable only for non-tropical climates.

The Rangers wore jungle fatigues untill the Ripstop BDU's came out as the standard weight Twill BDU's sucked big time in the heat (I know!)

The Jungle Fatigues were re-issued after Greneda due to heat casualities as a stop gap untill the hot weather BDU's were developed.

I agree, an awsome pack biggrin_o.gif

But the M60 and Colt bugs are kinda annoying. Otherwise, I think they're awsome.

One other thing I dislike is that they all have NV goggles and Binoculars.

Not every GI wore what he was "supposed" to. smile_o.gif

(I still wore OG's when I mustered out in '88, and have the counseling statements to prove it)

Bobcatt, still got Khakis? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But the M60 and Colt bugs are kinda annoying. Otherwise, I think they're awsome.

That's easy to fix. Edit in some new weapons and take out the goggles and binocs.

rock.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But the M60 and Colt bugs are kinda annoying. Otherwise, I think they're awsome.

That's easy to fix. Edit in some new weapons and take out the goggles and binocs.

rock.gif  wink_o.gif

The goggles and binocs I can probobly do, but I'm not 100% sure how patient I am with replacing weapons and ammo biggrin_o.gif

If I deploy M60,I cant mount it,and if I in Mission Editor put it on the map,it havent any ammo....is that a bug?

BTW:Sorry for my bad english,Iam from czech republic