Sign in to follow this  
One

Community Performance/Hardware Thread

2x Xeon 2.66GHz

Supermicro X5DAE

1024MB PC2100

GeForce4 Ti 4400

Runs fine at 1280x960, looks great on high detail settings. One of these days I'll pick up a decent video card so I can actually play with AA.

Northwood P4 3Ghz @ 3.82Ghz, 1020fsb

1GB Geil Pc3200 DDR,

ATI X800Pro Video card. Core@520Mhz, Mem@1040Mhz,

6 x AA, 16 x Ansiotropic. Quality settings.

Maximum OFP quality settings Except: View Distance 2500m, Normal Terrain quality.

FPS varies from 50fps to 160fps.

ofpbm.jpg

AMD XP 2600+ @ 2200

ASUS A7N8X  nFonce2

2x512 Corsair Pro PC3200 in dual channel

ATI 9800 pro with Omega Driver

HD Maxtor 80 Gb

OS Win Xp pro sp1

setting > 1600x1200 ,all quality ,AA4X AF8X ,view 2000, terrain normal with DXDLL,Sky & tons of Addons  smile_o.gif

from 25 to 40 fps on Nogova

didnt one of the devs comment about the GF4ti4600?

thats what i heard, and its what i got biggrin_o.gif

I am very happy with my AOpen Geforce FX 5900 XT.

000445-01.jpg

DX9 support, good performace, inexpensive and the fan runs very silent in 2D-Mode. 3D-mode is also ok.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Ooo, fansy.

Just upgraded my computer for Doom3

Abit µGuru Motherboard

2,8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 (Have you seen the CPU cooler?! BIG)

512MB DIMM-RAM

80GB  Harddrive

NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (Good card and still holds)

My config works fine with OFP at 1280x1024 aniso 4X, view distance 2200 meters, cloudlets and shadows ON and Terrain detail : normal. 70 fps on average

BTW, I have always been wondering what was the impact of sliding the "Frame rate" and "Visual quality" bars ??

print.11.gifsmile_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

I'm thinking about buying this notebook from ACER

Quote[/b] ]Aspire 1513LMi

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3400+, 15,0" XGA TFT,

2x 256MB, 60GB, DVD-Dual, GeForce FX Go 5700 64MB

4x USB 2.0, 1394, S-Video, FIR, 4-in-1, WLAN

what do you say? will ofp run fine on it? I would like to play on terrain detail high, full visual quality and view distance 2000-3000

how do you think will the perfomance be with these settings in a normal mission?

Oswald,

Any clue what these two does exactly?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Texture_Heap="0";   <-----*

File_Heap="0";   <-----*

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

From an older OFP(cwc) performance guide:

Quote[/b] ]

Texture heap:

This slider determines amount of memory to allocate for the texture heap in Operation Flashpoint. Unless you have a Graphics Card with a low amount of video memory, or a low amount of RAM (64MB or less) then set this to the maximum amount available – 16 MB.

File heap:

Similar to the Texture heap setting you should set this to 16 MB unless you have 64MB RAM or less installed, in which case reduce this value accordingly, e.g. those with 48MB RAM should set this to about 6 MB.

old guide

MfG Lee

Thanks!

Applied the same settings as yours on my setup and it minimized that LOD swapping. It seems to run a tad smoother for me but it could just be my imagination tounge_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

It seems to run a tad smoother for me but it could just be my imagination

Many ppl told me, that it runs smoother.

So you can believe it really does!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Lee_H._Oswald

how can you run OFP with DXDLL while having AA and AF  rock.gif  or you play without postprocessing?  biggrin_o.gif and with your settings finally i got my OFP to run smooth  biggrin_o.gif and how did you get 3D_Performance="54308"; i got only 6000 with geforce 6800 ultra

You're confusing the benchmark on the main screen with the 3D performance in the advanced settings. Wish I had a benchmark like that though. crazy_o.gif

I am playing without postprocessing.

And that benchmark thingy.....

You can type whatever benchmark you want into the config. wink_o.gif

I heard something about OFP is not doing/showing certain things, if benchmark is too low, so I set it that high.

I want all the beauty OFP has inside.

My real benchmark is about ~5700-6000.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

My system:

Intel P4 3.0Ghz HT FSB800

Abit IC-7 mobo

Kingston 2x512Mb DDR HyperX 400Mhz/CL2.0

Radeon ATI 9800pro 128Mb

Seagate 120Gb SATA 8Mb

2x19" Philips monitors

Always running the 2 monitors at 1280x960 (85Hz)

Running OFP and VBS1 at 1280x960 (85Hz) with AA 4x and AF 16x and DXDLL (no postprocessing).

Normal Terrain, view distance +-3000, all "effects" on, LOD and shadow Lod on 0.05.

CPU Benchmark result: 6849

Not complaining (about famerate), but maybee planning of buying a 256mb grafic card. But still daughting...my friend recently bought a HIS x800 pro 256mb (+- same system as mine) and i have a feeling my system still runs better or equal mad_o.gif.

i just had the worst thing happen to me.

the parts i ordered off the internet are held up in vancouver customs (on canadian side) im in ontario......so i have no idea how long its gonna take to get em now...but

my current computer blew up, so i went out and got the CHEAPEST parts possible tounge_o.gif

i got a AMD Sempron 2400+ for $88cdn, and an asus motherboard for it for 70. it runs the same pretty much as my old p42.2, but its no p4 3.2 sad_o.gif

My config works fine with OFP at 1280x1024 aniso 4X, view distance 2200 meters, cloudlets and shadows ON and Terrain detail : normal. 70 fps on average

BTW, I have always been wondering what was the impact of sliding the "Frame rate" and "Visual quality" bars ??

So, no ideas of what are those "Frame rate" and "Visual quality" bars for ??

I've just started university to study architecture and am now looking to get a new laptop.  I seen what seemed to be the perfect one by a company called 'Tiny' for around the Å1000 - Å1500 mark.  It had a 3.4GHz P4 prescott processor, 1024mb of ram, 128MB ATI Radeon M11 (9700), 80GB hard disk etc but upon getting it there were problems.  For a start a dodgy hard drive and also a DVD-RW drive which wasn't dected.  After putting it back two times, im in the process of getting my money back and now looking at one from Mesh which has a 3.2GHz P4, 512MB PC3200 ram, 60GB 7200rpm hard disk, 128MB ATI M11 and 17.1 Widescreen amongst other things.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with notebooks from Tiny or Mesh and if you have any recommendations of notebooks for around the Å1000 - Å1500 mark.

Waterman.

EDIT - typo

[im]http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/opflashpoint/print.11.gif[/img] smile_o.gif

Please remove image tags when quoting smile_o.gif

I don't know in technical terms what they do but in layman's terms they affect "pop up" ie texture changes at varying distances, you've probably noticed a bush or a tree suddenly change texture in front of your eyes, that happens to maintain a constant perforfance level to match that of the chosen slider settings, personally I have the frame rate one all the way to the left (lowest frame rate) and visual quality all the way to the right (best visual quality/least pop up) because I really hate to see texture pop ups so I would rather improve perforamance through other means if that's necessary smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Totala Oct. 13 2004,17:06  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Totala @ Oct. 04 2004,13:32)

http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/opflashpoint/print.11.gif

Hope i can descripe it in the right why in english,.. but frame rate means the mashine reduce the quality to arive the setted framerate. Or lower framerate means better quality but it can cause lags in complex missions or powerless mashines. It reduce the quality of all object on the map if the framerate is lower as the setted framerate. That means for powerfull mashines use the smallest framerate setting. Similar with the quality bar. The quality bar set the quality of all objects on the map or better it is a direct sliter wich change the lods of objects. The highest quality the best lod is used. For best visual setting set the framerate to lowest and the quality to highest.

i hope i could help.

is there alot of athalon 64 users here?

i think im gonna upgrade to that instead of the p4

lookin at a athalon 64 3200+

does anyone know what runs flashpoint better?

My sytem:

AMD 2500 XP

128 MB GFX 5600

512 MB RAM

160 GB 8 MB Cache tounge_o.gif

Setting:

1024x768

4x Antialiasing

4x Anisotrophic filtering

High quality

OFP:

Keg's DxDll