Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

i have the utmost respect for addon makers.

i just hate the fact that there some people out there that arent great full for the addons some people are making..

i myself am not n addon maker but enjoy in the addons made

I know it's offtopic but anyway I didn't start this.

1. A lot of the work that's being done on addons just isn't that spectacular/interesting. In addon-making only 40% of the whole workload is connected to things you can visibly notice. Means stuff you could make nice screens off and give to the fans. The rest is mostly boring and tedious config, script, LOD (Geo,Firegeo..) making and bug-fixing

If you'd continuely report about that most fans would probably soon get bored.

People would get to learn more about what it takes to make an addon then, and might be stimulated to join in.

After talking to Marcel, John de Bodt, and a hell of a lot of people not in your mod, I understand most of the theory behind most aspects of flashpoint, after wich I chose mission editing was my thing. (This came from "blogs" by former squad members)

I know it's...

and a hell of a lot of people not in your mod

Though quite right, AfrographX is in no way associated with Inv 44.

And seriously, I have heard this from different mods at different times over the last 2 years, when people are asked to do lods or anything not directly in the spotlights, they refuse to do anything like that. The small addonmaking community left now are mostly the ones that chose to make the extra effort.

They only want to work on premium stuff that gets them loads of attention. You can't finish a mod with those kinds of people. Once they hear that they also need to do lods, scripts and configs for their addons ever to see the light of day, they run for cover.

One of the many problems that Inv 44 has had over the last few months/years.

if progress slows down to a halt will the remaining I44 team consider releaseing the mod as a unfinished work? confused_o.gif

You guys really need to stop it. The invasion 44 team is making a mod for the community and all you can do is whine and complain about how they are never going to release it, or this mod did this, or this mod did that. If they release it then great. I am sure it will be a great mod and many people will get many hours of enjoyment out of it. If not then oh well your not any worse for it. I hate to rant but I just see so many of you, especially Codarl, acting like little children and it makes me mad.

if progress slows down to a halt will the remaining I44 team consider releaseing the mod as a unfinished work? confused_o.gif

With a mod 95% complete (guestimate from the to-do list) I hardly think that will be the case wink_o.gif

No need for that as its going to be finished.

No need for that as its going to be finished.

thats very reeasuring to hear smile_o.gif

Yep. Good to hear you guys have kept your motivation up all these years. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]shit give the guys a break there is 5 of them compared to atleast 20..i mean five guys doing it all.not set people doing missions,units,scripting.

This is off-topic but since I hear these FDF comparisons done on this thread quite often there is need for some clarifications.

FDF WW2 stuff was done by around 5-6 people. First few units were made around December 04, then there was some pause until things got very active in later spring 2005 and that activity lasted till June. Virtually nothing happened during June-September period and we decided it will not be released before Armed Assault comes out and declared that the work has been halted.

Then, rather soon in early October sudden spark of motivation hit us and we started working actively on the project again but decided to keep mouths shut in case we would lose our momentum again or AA would be released the next day. AA release for Christmas looked increasingly unlikely as time passed so we decided to release FDF WW2 on December 10th 2005, main motivation was probably to get some new stuff to play with until AA would come out. Thats it.

I'm also looking forward to Invasion 44 release and really hope it will not be delayed until Armed Assault which has been pretty elusive title to say the least...

Wow good to hear from you Marcel... half a decade of OFP addonmaking!

While we were moving this lost footage was found behind a pile of old dirty magazines. Marss911 was quiet when asked were they all came from inlove.gif

Enjoy

lost Oosterbeek footage

While we were moving this lost footage was found behind a pile of old dirty magazines. Marss911 was quiet when asked were they all came from inlove.gif

Enjoy

lost Oosterbeek footage

Where did that came from?!

While we were moving this lost footage was found behind a pile of old dirty magazines. Marss911 was quiet when asked were they all came from  inlove.gif

Enjoy

lost Oosterbeek footage

Where did that came from?!

Thats what we asked you!?!?!

nener.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Great voice acting indeed. Nice vid. icon1.gif

To commemorate all of those that gave their lives for Hollands freedom, both soldiers and civilians (May 4) and to celebrate Hollands liberation (May 5), now 61 years ago.

After a team reorganisation, we have been making alot of progress, finishing off quite a number of addons of the last week. These addons are being added to the upcoming team test version, which will have 90% of the Phase 1 content in it (the remaining 10% mainly consisting of bugs and gameplay issues). The campaign is also progressing nicely, with alot of missions near completion.

We have decided to release some screenshots of the Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 (T), which is complete and in the testversion being built. As with all our addons it has a good set of lods to increase performance.

We will be having an exclusive interview with OFP.info in the near future, where we will reveal more about Invasion 1944 - Phase 1: Oosterbeek.

EnfieldNo4MkI_T01.jpg

EnfieldNo4MkI_T02.jpg

EnfieldNo4MkI_T03.jpg

Quite an honorable move, thank you for the update. I cannot wait for the upcoming interview with ofp.info, it is truly great news to hear about the recent progress. One more step closer smile_o.gif

Hi,

What about vegetating your islands with beautiful Berghoff's trees?It'll make them twice better indeed.

And what about upcoming release date?Month ago u said that it's quite close to ETA.If think it won't be bad to know about your current progress (without release date of course). wink_o.gif

The fingers look amazing! As does the rifle. Brilliant work. thumbs-up.gif