Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

Eh, even if it is a post-ArmA release then I will still fire up the old OFP for Phase 1 yay.gif

Are you sure, guy? I wish I could be as confident as you...

Well, with what JdB said that is what I was hoping the plan was for Phase 1. So much effort has gone into it that it would be worth keeping OFP around just to play Inv'44.

Iam still waiting for A&C topic "Invasion44 Phase 1 relased!" tounge2.gif

What a ridiciolous idea to think that we would release just because it is the 62th commemoration of the start of Market Garden. Marcel is away, so there won't be anything even close to resembling a release until he gets back to work rofl.gif

Also there will never be such a thread, as we would not make a spelling mistake in such a threadtitle wink_o.gif

"Invasion 1944 Phase 1 released!"*

Hah just noticed this thread was started more than 2 years ago. And I know they have been working on it longer than that. Well keep it going.

Its just a shame that those 3 videos are so old  confused_o.gif

Coming up to 8 months now is it?

SFG did them when I was in the mod  huh.gif

I don't know exactly how old they are, but they hadn't been made public yet.

And if the mod already looked that good back when we had been in development for 8 months (if it really was 8 months ago), try to imagine what it is like right now after 16 months of development wink_o.gif

The videos are 8 months old, Phase 1 is even older, it just shows that not really much visually has progressed from what I can see, even if the vaults of the team forum are knee deep in such like confused_o.giftounge2.gif

Wildo

Quote[/b] ]it just shows that not really much visually has progressed from what I can see

That is because we had already pretty much reached the limit of what the OFP engine can bare in terms of visual performance. If you would have read the interview you would have known that the main emphasis is on gameplay.

There is only so much you can do with a 5 year old engine that does not support DirectX9.

no offence but i dont like the shoulders of the soldiers in the I44 demo

Anyways the mod is still pretty fun and realistic can't wait for this version thumbs-up.gif

Even though they won't change them wink_o.gif ...next time, try telling them how they can IMPROVE their shoulders, not just that you don't like them. that's not doing anyone any good, now is it?

if you're refering to the soldiers in the released i44 demo, those are outdated modells. Search this thread or look at the screens of the recently published interview to see the new modell.

Even though they won't change them wink_o.gif ...next time, try telling them how they can IMPROVE their shoulders, not just that you don't like them. that's not doing anyone any good, now is it?

if i know how to change them or improve them i will smile_o.gif

anyways i still play the demo cuz is fantastic

@AfrographX

Yeah thats definitly true, the new models will be great

For I44 team best of lucks

18 Septiembre Independence of Chile

thumbs-up.gif

sry for digging up this topic,but I have a question:

I have seen some old I44 pictures and some newest videos.But will be included those dynamic animations?

Heres a pic.

Sten_Together_Ingame_2s.jpg

wh0.jpg

thank you for answer smile_o.gif

BTW:sorry for my bad english

I have seen some old I44 pictures and some newest videos.But will be included those dynamic animations?

Those are not dynamic animations, they are static ones (in other words, usefull for cutscenes or units that are supposed to look pretty, but animations for each individual weapon is impossible).

Those are not dynamic animations, they are static ones (in other words, usefull for cutscenes or units that are supposed to look pretty, but animations for each individual weapon is impossible).

thats pretty sad huh.gif

but why its impossible,in LIBERATION MOD(or upcoming Caen44 MOD)its possible.yeah,I know...player cant use a rifle with sten animations,but what about if you make a single "player" model(it will have the "universal anims"),and other of them will have those animations?

but why its impossible,in LIBERATION MOD(or upcoming Caen44 MOD)its possible.yeah,I know...player cant use a rifle with sten animations,but what about if you make a single "player" model(it will have the "universal anims"),and other of them will have those animations?

Aaah, so you mean we should make different versions of every soldier models with different animations for every weapon?

That would make for about 150 different soldiers for every unit type, Heer, Luftwaffe, Waffen SS, Waffen SS (44 dot), Fallschirmjaeger and British AB = over 900 seperate soldiers to choose from (and work on). If you can find us 20 addonmakers to work on that then we'll do it. You don't seem to realize how much time and effort it would take to implement.

Isn't it possible to change the animation when you change the weapon.. or pick up a new one... ? Maybe it is possible to change it with a script? SO if you pick up a weapon you will get another animation?! Is it possible JdB?

Isn't it possible to change the animation when you change the weapon.. or pick up a new one... ? Maybe it is possible to change it with a script? SO if you pick up a weapon you will get another animation?! Is it possible JdB?

Yay, lets add dozens of scripts that complete annihilate any kind of framerate you might have had...

(Means no).

People make the mistake of thinking that:

A. You can script everything to be as good as it would be when it was built into the engine;

B. All modteams have no life, and work on their mod 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and never have problems finding new people to help them.

We have 3 or 4 members that are active in some way (not all addonmakers). We simply do not have the time to implement it. The mod is beginning to depend more and more on one person, so think twice before suggesting any great ideas that take ages to implement wink_o.gif

No changes in the gameplay will be made to Phase 1 anymore, no matter how many times they are suggested. Continuing to change things will mean it never gets completed.

great,

so those nice looking anims are gone huh.gif

They weren't/aren't finished, we have no one to finish them, and they are not dynamic "omg, my soldier is holding his weapon so nicely" animations but static ones meant for screenshots, trailers, cutscenes and soldiers that don't move.

how about everyone quit suggesting things, (that would be nice, really) and let them finish what they already have started, and actually release this thing. armed assault will be out in no time, and as cool as I44 looks, you have to be kidding someone if you think they're gonna play I44 in OFP over vanilla armed assault. oh well, we'll see

how about everyone quit suggesting things, (that would be nice, really) and let them finish what they already have started, and actually release this thing. armed assault will be out in no time, and as cool as I44 looks, you have to be kidding someone if you think they're gonna play I44 in OFP over vanilla armed assault. oh well, we'll see

I just asked mate,Iam glad that they finish their MOD whistle.gif

you have to be kidding someone if you think they're gonna play I44 in OFP over vanilla armed assault. oh well, we'll see

if you mean playing i44 in OFP instead of playing ArmA without I44, i disagree... most people will still play i44 even if it comes after ArmA, they will download this mod because they like wwII, not because of the graphics...

if you mean playing i44 in OFP instead of playing ArmA without I44, i disagree... most people will still play i44 even if it comes after ArmA, they will download this mod because they like wwII, not because of the graphics...

I agree, people that play OFP don't play it for the amazing graphics, but for the gameplay and realism.

Otherwise we would all be making mods for BF2.

Though of course it would be nice to have it out before ArmA is released whistle.gif

i'm not ragging on your mods graphics, because armed assault isnt exactly the greatest looking thing ever... more along the lines of hundreds of units at the same time, perhaps less lag? et cetera. i've been following this since the first demo, and posted countless times in your old forum, so either way i'm looking forward to it, and will play it!