Sign in to follow this  
denoir

OFP Community Census Project

Possible questions for a new census:

First, the basics again: Age? where do you come from?

Religion:

- Do you consider yourself religious?

- Which of the following describes your believes best: Christianism, Islam, Buddhism/Hinduism, Atheism, other?

OFP:

- how long have you been playing OFP?

- how often do you play OFP?

- do you play more SP or MP? (Options: Only SP, mostly SP, both, more MP, Only MP)

- as for MP games do you prefer COOP, CTF, CTI, A&D or DM?

Misc stuff:

- Do you smoke?

- Do you have a drivers license (cars only)?

- What's your major news source (not game oriented): TV, Radio, Internet, Newspapers?

- How many books do you read per year: 50+, 20-50, 5-20, 0-5 (comics don't count)?

As for the politics stuff: I'm sure you'll come up with many good proposals yourself. ;)

Good questions for mapping:

Continuous values.

Example: How old are you?

Bad questions for mapping:

Arbitrary classes:

Example: Where are you from. (You then have to make up for instance that Europe is -5, Asia 0 and America 5).

Yes/No/Maybe are ok for mapping (1 0 -1)

Yeah, but not all of the cathegorial values have to be used for the clustering. They might just be used to analyse the results. For example the question wether there are actually more smokers in Europe/the rest of the world than in the US (as far as forum members are concerned), etc.

Good for data mining - not for clustering, right.

religion is a good question but

a) who cares?

b) there are no muslims or buddhists on this forum!

Drivers license?

a) depending on age

b) not realy interesting

Maybe I am the only one being this way but I would prefer questions such as

a) are you happy with your constant profession

b) do you stem from a wealthy background or not

c) From your present point of view, would you like/ have liked to constantly join the army?

d) would you prefer to live on the countryside or in a city?

stuff like this..

Hmm I don't think we'll all agree, but for me I find the last group of questions completely uninteresting smile_o.gif

Religion I find interesting, and as a 30+ non driver I'd find that quite interesting smile_o.gif

Hmm I don't think we'll all agree, but for me I find the last group of questions completely uninteresting smile_o.gif

Religion I find interesting, and as a 30+ non driver I'd find that quite interesting smile_o.gif

Is that because you don't get out much?  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Not driving and all... well I thought it was funny...

I cycle to work, I'm healthy (hides his cigarettes) wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]religion is a good question but

a) who cares?

Be careful there mister i DO care about religion its an important aspect in our lives and present world whether you like it or not the majority of the world does have religion (even though they dont follow it properly crazy_o.gif now thats another thing though).

And i am a Muslim , so are a few other members here like Python3 , Scorpio and i know a few others on other forums. So please look up before you speak ,weve had quite a few big debates in this forum for you to know that there are muslims here so please dont either act ignorant or push us out out of the census just because were low in numbers.

Err btw denoir do we include our post count for this forum only? Plus can you change that question about "Which is your favourite forum" to which is your area of interest in OFP?

a)Addons and making them

b)Mission making

c)MP

If that is your only trying to know what people are interested in , if your trying to find out which forum area is popular then can you add these questions i mentioned separately?

@placebo: can you please demote my warning level to zero tounge_o.gif , i wanna go in clean in the poll. Besides this stupid pale yellow box has been with me since 1.9 years now so how about dropping it blues.gif ?

a) who cares?

Be careful there mister i DO care about religion its an important aspect in our lives and present world whether you like it or not the majority of the world does have religion (even though they dont follow it properly  crazy_o.gif  now thats another thing though).

And i am a Muslim , so are a few other members here like Python3 , Scorpio and i know a few others on other forums. So please look up before you speak ,weve had quite a few big debates in this forum for you to know that there are muslims here so please dont either act ignorant or push us out out of the census just because were low in numbers.

Stop crying. My point was that I dont care which religions people belong to. I am religious too so dont give me this "you silly disrespective atheist" nonesense.

DO YOU MIND ME NOT BEING INTERESTED IN THE RELIGION ISSUE?

mad_o.gif

And do you mind if I still dont care which religion you belong to? It is of basically 0 importance to me!

And do you mind if I still dont care which religion you belong to? It is of basically 0 importance to me!

And that's what you'll say in the poll. It's a community census, not an Albert census. The data that we have shows that ~20% of the forum members are religious and it is likely that they hence find it to be an interesting thing to poll.

What do you think about adding the status of education as a question?

a) who cares?

Be careful there mister i DO care about religion its an important aspect in our lives and present world whether you like it or not the majority of the world does have religion (even though they dont follow it properly  crazy_o.gif  now thats another thing though).

Stop crying. My point was that I dont care which religions people belong to. I am religious too so dont give me this "you silly disrespective atheist" nonesense.

mad_o.gif

Thats what the census is for Mr Albert if you have any issues with religion dont vote for it in the poll , its as simple as that. Thats not my issue my issue is you DO NOT act ignorant to the fact that many OTHER people here on the forum and worldwide do take interest in religion and would love to have it in such a questionaire.

And yes i do mind if someone deliberately knowingly trys to play dumb to a specific set of members on the forum. Thats my issue. You interest isnt the issue here , your interest is to expressed in the poll.

What about if you own a PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy, etc.?

a) who cares?

mad_o.gif

Thats what the census is for Mr Albert if you have any issues with religion dont vote for it in the poll , its as simple as that. Thats not my issue my issue is you DO NOT act ignorant to the fact that many OTHER people here on the forum and worldwide do take interest in religion and would love to have it in such a questionaire.

And yes i do mind if someone deliberately knowingly trys to play dumb to a specific set of members on the forum. Thats my issue. You interest isnt the issue here , your interest is to expressed in the poll.

rock.gif

Me said "other criteria more interesting to me". ("who cares")

You said "how dare you to talk for everyone and why are you so ignorant"

I wonder if you would have been pissed in the same way if I would have complained about the "driving license" criterium?

I bet not! Then you would have said "Albert, I dont know about you but I am interesting in who has a Driving License".

Wow, all these questions are great but Denoir is gonna be one hard working mofo with all this new stuff crazy_o.gif