Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

O_o best ofp week yet with the Combat! releases and this smile_o.gif

I just tried it out and the best part was the sound on the m249.  It almost brought a tear to my eye.  One of the downsides was the color of the desert m4s on the covert desert units.  It looked like goldmember got ahold of it.  The m4 sounded too strong too, like a cannon. The textures and the models i can deal with for right now, but it'll all look better once i get some better animations. Overall the m249 made it all worth it and it was one of the best rangers addons that ive seen so good job. Let's see what happens when i make a mission.

Is there any mirrors? Flashpoint.ru doesn't have an english version of their site do they? I want to download these so I can make a couple of missions but I do not understand the site. Any help?

Thanks,

Monty

there is a link at the bottom of the image, its really tiny, it says Tyt. Once you click tyt, the addon will download.

I've dl'ed them, it's great work. Big thanks to laser for these wonderfull units. Hope you'll fix that M240B's ammo box, but for the rest, splendid work. You fucking rock dude! blues.gif

if they were winter units, they'd look way more different than a simple reskin. It'd take a whole new model, because realistically winter U.S. soldiers, wear huge parkas with hoods, they got skis, all kinds of gear. I can't believe none of you noticed those gold m4s on the desert covert squad. I didn't like that.

I can't believe none of you noticed those gold m4s on the desert covert squad.  I didn't like that.

I noticed them on his Deltas and i mentioned it a while ago but he must of missed the post,as he didnt answer.Maybe people thought he would correct it without prompting him to do so...

Look on the first page of this thread 15 posts down.I even posted a picture..

@Mr. Reality:

Yeah, in fact i noticed your post... but those colors were the best i could do, i'm not a pro in weapons skinning anyway... Maybe for the future update someone would volunteer to reskin them?

I didn't think that desert camo was all that bad. Perhaps we've forgotten how far we've come?

Excellent work Laser. In my opinion, without a doubt, these are easily the best Delta and Rangers OFP has ever had.

Defenitly a great job, i only have one question -> do m249 have silencers? rock.gif automatic gunner(S)

Perhaps they do, those M249s. It seems possible. I wouldn't disregard it. I would be more than glad to find someone to retexture those gold m4s of yours. When I do find someone, I'll let you know.

OK, people, we're all set. I mean, the files went to server, and as soon as guys at Flashpoint.ru get it all together, the Rangers and weapons should be online.

@Cpt. Frostbite:

Well... the guns are already there... with the wrong ammobox (sigh). Hope you won't kick me too badly for this... I'm gonna change it at the first opportunity.

didn't actually read this post untill now.

Good to hear you'll try to change it. I won't kill you if you won't. Addonmakers shouldn't kill eachother tounge_o.gif

I haven't DL'ed the units yet (to bussy with my own addonwork; I'm sure you know exactly what I mean), but I will in the weekend and I'll sure give em a try.

The previous release was already extremely nice and had very impressive M82 woodland textures. I'm pretty sure this addon will stay in my addonfolder until you release a better version or until OFP2 is released.

Silencers;

Yes, it is actually possible to put a special silencer on the M249. And there is actually one available for the military. So it's realistic.

I too didn't believe it, but I believe one of the BAS member posted some info about it in the BAS thread (the BAS D/R pack also had a silenced M249 in it).

About the M240G.... It's currrently being replaced with the Mk48 with SOF units. I know that there are M240G's in service with the Rangers. But more covert units might be using the Mk48 these days. I suspect top tier units like SFOD-1 and DEVGRU also use the HK21E, and/or G8 MG's. Our nation's military has a love for all things H&K. Probably because we can afford them.

I am currently working on a mission featuring the Laser units. I will post the download link here and in the User Missions board as soon as possible. I think these are wonderful units and I really enjoy the weapons, especially the sounds.

Thanks,

Monty

Ok, the mission is complete. You can learn more about it and get the download link HERE.

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks,

Monty

I would be more than glad to find someone to retexture those gold m4s of yours.  When I do find someone, I'll let you know.

Check out this thread i don't think you'll be dissapointed..

Wipmans M4 pack

M23.jpg