Sign in to follow this  
Diesel

A-10 Thunderbolt II v0.5

Is there a script call that can be made to have a plane with the canopy closed at the start of a mission? rock.gif

Is there a script call that can be made to have a plane with the canopy closed at the start of a mission? rock.gif

shit, it's problem (now i see). When you write this animate ["canopy",0] in init - nothing happend crazy_o.gif

You must use sensor...

You must use sensor...

You mean simply do it in a trigger?

I can manage that but please fix in the next release.

Quote[/b] ]You mean simply do it in a trigger?

yes

Quote[/b] ]I can manage that but please fix in the next release.

rgr wink_o.gif

I downloaded v1.1 and it looks good so far...no CDT or other problems.

But I found some bugs and made some screenshots...

1. "Shining" effect is missing on mainpart of left wing (green and grey model).

a-10_02.jpg

2. Still a bug in the "USAF" marking on the left side.

a-10_03.jpg

3. "Loadout" is still looking through the airbrakes if pulled.

a-10_04.jpg

Maybe it's possible to move the mounts or the loadout itself a little more to the front of the wings? But maybe also the airbrake-flaps should be shortened a little so they open from a point a little more backward on the wing.

Greetz

Plage

Got a few more CTDs and one freeze last night with the gray Maverick version. They're random and cannot be easily reproduced. It always happened a few seconds from mission start, with the screen showing an A-10 up close at about 10-15 meters aways.

Otherwise, I never have CTDs and freezes in OFP.

Diesel, did you make changes to the A-10's radar detection range or changes to the plane's ability to lock onto detected targets from a longer distance away? If you did, could you please restore the previous settings? This is urgent!

Quote[/b] ]I downloaded v1.1 and it looks good so far...no CDT or other problems.

But I found some bugs and made some screenshots...

1. "Shining" effect is missing on mainpart of left wing (green and grey model).

2. Still a bug in the "USAF" marking on the left side.

3. "Loadout" is still looking through the airbrakes if pulled.

Maybe it's possible to move the mounts or the loadout itself a little more to the front of the wings? But maybe also the airbrake-flaps should be shortened a little so they open from a point a little more backward on the wing.

Greetz

Plage

Fixed all wink_o.gif

I think, I relase version 1.11 today smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Diesel, did you make changes to the A-10's radar detection range or changes to the plane's ability to lock onto detected targets from a longer distance away? If you did, could you please restore the previous settings? This is urgent!

No rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Diesel, did you make changes to the A-10's radar detection range or changes to the plane's ability to lock onto detected targets from a longer distance away? If you did, could you please restore the previous settings? This is urgent!

No rock.gif

No such changes at all since version 0.5 was released?

Fixed all wink_o.gif

I think, I relase version 1.11 today smile_o.gif

Sounds good for me...and great you could fix the third bug I mentioned. tounge_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

Downloading now, your dedication into improving and fixing this awsome addon is very apretiated Diesel, thanks smile_o.gif .

great job with the A-10's diesel! enjoying them very much smile_o.gif

Its awsome, zero crashes or major issues here, steady rock solid performance for me, the loadout thru brakes and left side USAF marking fixes make this addon close to perfect and the "shining" materials efect is also great to see.

One minor thing i experience is that i cant lock the GBU's has a pilot but it works for a.i.? Other than that this addon is very complete and my favorite tank buster ever, thanks alot Diesel smile_o.gif .

Its awsome, zero crashes or major issues here, steady rock solid performance for me, the loadout thru brakes and left side USAF marking fixes make this addon close to perfect and the "shining" materials efect is also great to see.

One minor thing i experience is that i cant lock the GBU's has a pilot but it works for a.i.? Other than that this addon is very complete and my favorite tank buster ever, thanks alot Diesel smile_o.gif .

Is the GBU on this addon IR lockable or laser guided? I haven't been able to get any IR locks with it as with the GBUs on other aircraft addons like the G8 Tornado or Footmunch's aircraft.

Well if i paint a few targets for an a.i. pilot he will get rid of them in no time, but for me has pilot it doesnt lock on any tanks or other targets, all Footmunch aircraft works fine for me.

Quote[/b] ]Is the GBU on this addon IR lockable or laser guided?

Only laser guided.

Well if i paint a few targets for an a.i. pilot he will get rid of them in no time, but for me has pilot it doesnt lock on any tanks or other targets, all Footmunch aircraft works fine for me.

Exactly, this means that these GBUs recquire a laser target. That's cool smile_o.gif IMO it sort of defeats the point of naming bombs GBUs if they can be targeted like any old dumb bomb, like on FMs aircraft, perhaps he should consider making his GBUs actually laser guided

So how do i get to make the a.i laser dude paint a few targets for moi rock.gif .

Black op (laser) and in init: this removeweapon "hk"

or

OH-58, in init: this removeweapon "ZuniLauncherOH"

So how do i get to make the a.i laser dude paint a few targets for moi rock.gif .

Put him in your group, and tell him to attack whatever target it is you want him to paint. Make sure he's equipped with a LTD of course tounge_o.gif

Black op (laser) and in init: this removeweapon "hk"

or

OH-58, in init: this removeweapon "ZuniLauncherOH"

You don't need to remove the blackop's HK as he wouldn't use it against any hard targets anyway wink_o.gif

tried "y dotarget x" but nada, then switched ranks to myself has comander and manualy ordered him to target enemy armor, it worked ocasionaly but not very reliable nor worth the trouble, a.i. has comander with destroy waypoint tells me to atack but doesnt paint the tanks, maybe i could take a peak at the BIS mission.. ended up "avengering" the armor and the LD guy got in the way unfortunetly wink_o.gif .

I think i will do the "painting" from now on and let the bots do the flying.

I love this plane biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif .

Exactly, this means that these GBUs recquire a laser target. That's cool smile_o.gif IMO it sort of defeats the point of naming bombs GBUs if they can be targeted like any old dumb bomb, like on FMs aircraft, perhaps he should consider making his GBUs actually laser guided

Shash - The A-10 only has a laser 'reception' pod (Pave

Penny, IIRC), while the (for example) F-16 has a laser

'designation' pod (TIALD), and can lase it's own targets. Same

with the Strike Eagle, and Buccaneer.

The 'Strike' Falcon does recognise a lased target, but the AI

needs to launch when no BlackOp(Laser) exists...