Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

Blackblood's desert grunts

these look top notch..i really like the random unit appearence shenanigans. Just one small question, have you sorted out the problem that the unit with the boonie in the beta had, the unit held a secondary weapon in a bit of a funky way and when fired the weapon would shoot off to the left (90 degrees off to the left).

I take it you mean the RPG carrying position (90 degrees). That was way back in the 70's or something...

wink_o.gif Not my finest hour. Just an insanely stupid experiment before I really had a grasp of O2. Don't worry tho, it's all gone now (the grasp of O2 or the bug?) rock.gifwink_o.gif

Just an update to let you know this old fart's still kicking...

Here follows a pretentious report in order to create the illusion of hard labour. *Did I say that loud?*

CONFIG.CPP:

- All SAS units carries the PRR headset

- Fixed: Incorrect icons showing up in editor

- Fixed: SAS units not JAM equipped.

SCRIPTS:

- Added: global variable "BLB_NoLayer4Player". If returned, Human players loses the suntan layer

- Added: global variable "BLB_NoLayer". If returned, ALL units (AI & HUMAN players) loses the suntan layer

- Removed: global variable "BLB_NoFaceLayers"

MODELS:

- Improved LOD

- Fixed: No shadows (when using BIS default shadow LOD)

- A few tweaks here and there and back again

- Added: A foxy devil called Sheila,in her swimsuit.

- Removed: A foxy devil called Sheila,in her swimsuit.

Notes: Manual customization units will still make it to the release. Just temporarily removed.

...btw, BETA testers. How's that MP testing coming along?

wink_o.gif

*getting sleepy over here* *better drag mysel f to th e  bed before I fall aszzzzzzzz

- Added: A foxy devil called Sheila,in her swimsuit.

- Removed: A foxy devil called Sheila,in her swimsuit.

sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Damnit, shouldnt have removed that foxy lady in her swimsuit, that's exactly what OFP is missing.(Next to some damn fine looking SAS units offcourse)

Cant you release it seperately? tounge_o.gif

Good to see you've fixed most of those bugs already smile_o.gif

A couple days without news or screenies of the SAS.

*hands start shaking*

Would love to give these chaps a spin in MP, i'm sure no opfor will pwn them.

Any English aircraft/choppers out there next to the Lynx from Falklands? Found an old puma, which has a FAL placed inside, no good......

I need some transportation out there when i'm not riding the landy.

A couple days without news or screenies of the SAS.

*hands start shaking*

Dont worry. Ask anyone. They got it (BETA).

They're too busy stealing from it...

wink_o.gif

As for the REAL release; wait a couple of days.

Waiting...........................

A couple days sound damn good to me biggrin_o.gif

It would be a nice birthday pressie for me 2moz tounge_o.gif

Or Sunday.. pretty please wink_o.gif

Well aslong as they are bloody excellent, take your time smile_o.gif

sim

lol ok, I think you have a problem with your maths though dude tounge_o.gif

Ah shite, my sister has her birthday on 8th february, that means i cant be there when she celebrates it, SAS bizz ya know. I'm looking forward to that glorious day when the world is enlightened with some damn gucci looking SAS units.

Hopefully JJR releases his Middle East militia around the same time, so the SAS has something to "play" with.

Hello all desert rugrats. Discovered one major cool thing while trying to implement a real working ammobearer.

This is the thing:

A new unit is added called "Ammobearer". I don't know if that's the right term for it - saw the displayname on some other addon.

Anyway, that guy carries a bergen with the exact amount of weaponslots equiv. of a soldiers standard carry capacity - iow he can carry the exact double amount of ammo as the default blokes.

I will not bore you with the details but it works, ok.  tounge_o.gif

The dedicated ammobearer will have a drawback in terms of reduced running speed. A script that updates every 3 sec (to elliminate lag) and checks if he starts sprinting and reduces velocity accordingly. That way he will a max sprinting speed of  about 3 secs before slowing down.

The other drawback is less camouflage rating (equiv of a regular grunt) because of the high profile (big bergen) and proposed less stealthy movement.

Ok, to the big discovery (i'm running the risk of looking like a complete jacka** if this already been mentioned);

Whenever he unloads an item from the bergen it triggers a script that "createvehicles" a weaponholder containing the pre-defined ammoclass. Normally it takes about 10-15 seconds for that ammo to be generated (ability to pick up). That's how createvehicle works. The line to remedy that problem is simply:

"X reveal ITEM"

X being the ammobearer that drops it, ITEM being the dropped mag.

You can now pick it up instantly. Can't believe I didn't thought of that...

I'll give you a full brief how this is used later.

FAQ

Can I customize the loadout?

Yep. With built-in limitations to stop attempts like loading 8 LAWS and 12 LaserDesignators. Comes with 4 pre-defined loadout, 4 customizable.

Does the bergen need a weaponslot (eg. Is a weapontype)?

Nope.

Is it distributable to others in the group (eg. can I drop the bergen on the ground and let someonelse be the "bearer"?

Yes and No. It's sadly dedicated to the unit that starts with it. You can however drop the bergen on the ground and let everyone plunder it.

With that last answer in mind you might think it's stupid and unrealistic not being able to pick his pack up. Well see him as you see the medics; vital to keep 'em alive. Or don't include the "ammobearer" in the group.  smile_o.gif

See ya soon/ BB (as in Blabbering Bastard)

The desert units look great, but are you going to release some DPM SAS guys?

Quote[/b] ]The desert units look great, but are you going to release some DPM SAS guys?

These will be SAS guys tounge_o.gif

I think I remember BB saying he would try an release Royal Marines later on, if he has chance. smile_o.gif

sim

I think his trying to say DPM in woodland, not just dessert.

I was hoping to get them one day, but not as soon as Blackblood is going on. I supose that's it, what I been wayting for, well, one of the main addons I been wayting for.

They will go very well with the OPFOR pack.

Thanks for you hard work Blackblood, I can't wayt for them.

Regards.

@CERO.

I think his trying to say DPM in woodland, not just dessert.

I was hoping to get them one day, but not as soon as Blackblood is going on. I supose that's it, what I been wayting for, well, one of the main addons I been wayting for.

They will go very well with the OPFOR pack.

Thanks for you hard work Blackblood, I can't wayt for them.

Regards.

@CERO.

*kicks @Cero*

Yeah I would also like to see woodland DPM sone day, but I'm already very happy with these desert guys smile_o.gif

on the SAS topic;

As can be clearly seen on the vid, the SAS is using the C8 carbine. Together with a great SAS-guy using the GPMG in Rambo-position. A true hero! blues.gif

hmm...someone claimed this was an SBS operative.

The guy seems to share the same tailor as the blokes in the vid.

sbsORsas.jpg

Or is it some kind of afghan-camo issued to both the SBS/SAS?  *insert rolling eyes here*  biggrin_o.gif

I lost my number to the Regiment hotline. 'Til then we will never now...

Oh yeah...thanx for kicking @Cero  biggrin_o.gif

I've tried (and failed) to explain why this is taking so long many times before...

Reason 1: Death in the family (is that good enough?)

Reason 2: Death of my old comp along with the old work

Reason 3: Approx 30 minutes of editing time/week due to a very hectic life outside this community (i'm 30,people. Yep, 30).

I would love to say that the long wait is just a measurement of how long I've been tweaking and perfecting this addon. Not true. It's oceans from perfect but i hope you'll like it anyway.

My first and last addon soon to be released into the wild. *sniff* *snibble* *cue theme from MASH*