Sign in to follow this  
wipman

M4A1 Pack

Hi, i need a small favor; i've re-retextured again the USMCBeta3 by Suchei and i've made it compatible with the USMC Addon 1.0, now need much less addons to work; only 3. I've sent it to ofp.info but they don't seem to find the DL's (that are in the readme.txt) to the needed addons, that are:

-USMC Addon Pack 1.0 (just the weapons)

-Dan M14's Pack

-wip M1911-A1 v1.1b

inqm4_02.jpg

and i'll like to release this new re-retextured version that just takes 1.02Mb for allow all the players out there to play arround with it and have fun. There's someone out there with a space in his server to host this 8 units?. Let's cu

P.D: That screen it's of 1 of the units & that M4 it's my old modded INQ M4, now that unit it's different & the INQ M4's look really scratched and as used in combat.

Hi, we've been drinking, we've been drunk, we've been partying, we've been ******', we've been sleeping... but we still working on the M4's; i think that i could end the scopes or the LAM + the vertical hand grip if not today... between today, tomorrow & the day afther (i don't remember it's name in english; Martes, in spanish).

Supressor ended (i think):

m4_progress09.jpg

Let's cu

Hi, i don't know if the supressed weapons have or don't a MF, i never fired 1 of those; the silenced weapons don't have it at least; but a supressor isn't the same than a silencer... they may have it, but i don't know; it looks good to me, and the "impact" on the "realism" of this weapons will be minimun (over all because this is a game, not the real life) the muzzle flash it's really small in comparison with the common MF's of other weapons, not so noticeable unless u gonna shoot all the time the 100 bullets 1 afther another of the M4LMGM68_SD 1 afther another until end the drum; then... yes... will be very noticeable that smoke cloud arround you, the MF will don't be so noticeable; anyway... if the ppl say that we should remove the MF from the SD weapons... we'll do it. Let's cu

Hi, i don't know if the supressed weapons have or don't a MF, i never fired 1 of those; the silenced weapons don't have it at least; but a supressor isn't the same than a silencer... they may have it, but i don't know; it looks good to me, and the "impact" on the "realism" of this weapons will be minimun (over all because this is a game, not the real life) the muzzle flash it's really small in comparison with the common MF's of other weapons, not so noticeable unless u gonna shoot all the time the 100 bullets 1 afther another of the M4LMGM68_SD 1 afther another until end the drum; then... yes... will be very noticeable that smoke cloud arround you, the MF will don't be so noticeable; anyway... if the ppl say that we should remove the MF from the SD weapons... we'll do it. Let's cu

i think it doesnt or at least it lessens it

http://www.gem-tech.com/HALO.html

the sopmod suppressor

Sound Suppressor: Significantly reduces noise and flash, making it more difficult to discern the direction of fire.

http://quarterbore.com/kac/sopmod.html

Quote[/b] ]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

A suppressor, also commonly known as a silencer is a device attached to a firearm to reduce the amount of noise and flash generated by firing the weapon. Suppressors work much like an automotive muffler, reducing the amount of audible noise caused by the release of high pressure gas when the bullet exits the barrel (see internal ballistics). The term "silencer" is inaccurate as suppressors lessen the sound of a firearm's muzzle blast only, the cannot completely eliminate the sound of firing.

Hi, i'll like to keep that MF, it looks fanzy to me & if it's not realistic... at least it don't looks so bad, no?. One thing more important; we've spotted a bug in our M4's, in the MF's; looks like that u can't see what's behind the MF. You can see the M4 behind the MF, but not the units; i haven't tryed with vehicles or the objects in islands, but we haven't found a solution for this, we've try to cut & paste it but look like that once in game it don't has any effect. Some one could tell us, plz... how to fix this bug?, we don't get why this happens or how to solve it; but we'll like to solve it now since we're speaking about the M4's of all the OFP players (until the OFP2, Armed Assault see the light & then we gonna have something really great to play wiz) let's cu.

Its the old paa/pac bug, where paa textures with 8 alpha channels make other paa textures behind them invisible. Unfortunately, there is no way to fix this without converting the muzzle flashes to pac (with 1 alpha channel and thus no detail in the flash transparency)

As its only really visible when the weapon fires (and from certain angles) I wouldnt call it a major bug.

Hi, i was thinking in let it in that way in case of don't find a solution to it; many thanks Dead, i could have all the black M4's textures ready this fryday or the sunday; and then will only remain: the CAR-15's textures (black, desert & woodland), some LODs textures, fix some selections and add some muzzle flashes... & then, they'll be ready to be send to the man that offer us his knowledge to make the config & make the weapons use some of the scripts/effects in the TACTevents of the USMC Addon Pack 1.0 . Let's cu

Hi, i'll like to keep that MF, it looks fanzy to me & if it's not realistic... at least it don't looks so bad, no?. One thing more important; we've spotted a bug in our M4's, in the MF's; looks like that u can't see what's behind the MF. You can see the M4 behind the MF, but not the units; i haven't tryed with vehicles or the objects in islands, but we haven't found a solution for this, we've try to cut & paste it but look like that once in game it don't has any effect. Some one could tell us, plz... how to fix this bug?, we don't get why this happens or how to solve it; but we'll like to solve it now since we're speaking about the M4's of all the OFP players (until the OFP2, Armed Assault see the light & then we gonna have something really great to play wiz) let's cu.

You problery can't BIS weapons have the same problem. its due to the half transparent texture its like with cars and there windows when you sometimes you can see a person standing behind it just remmember that the part of the model that is transparent should be added at last of cut and paste then the rifle will not be invisible to the MF.

STGN

Hi, a pic to ilustrate what i mean with the "small" explain of in what consists the MF bug.

MF Bug:

MF_bug.jpg

The thing it's that; in FPV (= 1St Person View) u can see through the MF right, all the objects, units, buildings, vehicles & empty vehicles; but the problem apperas when you see it by side. Then... u see only some of the objects through the MF as u should; but not other objects, in TPV (=3Th Person View) or in the TactView, the units that are more than 4m far way, become invisivle when they'r behind the MF, your own unit becomes invisible, while if an AI it's at less than 3 to 2m, u see that AI well through the MF. Also the weapon don't dissapears when u look at by forward at the MF, but the unit behind, dissapears. Any idea?, we let it in that way, can we do something to fix that shit?, WHAT CAN WE DO!?. Let's cu

Hi, a pic to ilustrate what i mean with the "small" explain of in what consists the MF bug.

MF Bug:

p><p>The thing it

Yeah, thats the alpha channel bug. If you re-equip your troops with BIS weapons you'll find that they have the same problem.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix it http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/sad_o.gif' alt='sad_o.gif'>

That's a REALLY minor bug, in my opinion. If you see the flash, it's already too late. biggrin_o.gif

Hi, i had few to time to work on the textures of the black M4's, between the work, get drunk, the Full Spectrum Warrior & the AAO 2.4 Release... will be a real miracle that the ACOG, LAM & Aimpoint textures will be ready for the sunday. But well... if im not too lazy... i could have ended at least, the ACOG textures for the sunday. Let's cu

ACOG sight progress:

m4_progress10.jpg

Hi, i've ended the textures of the ACOG scope, now it's perfect for be used by those... SEALs... Airborne... Deltas... and "that kind" of operatives; i hope that u like it... >>:-)

ACOG sight for SEALs:

m4_progress01.jpg

Let's cu

Hi, well... i've repathed all the ACOG sighted M4's so they now have black scratched textures; included the ACOG sight. Only remains the: Mk texture (maybe 2, R side, L side), Harris Bipod, M68 Aimpoint, Tasco scope, LAM, & sure fire hand grip. I don't know how much could take me to end those, the Harris & the Sure Fire should go quick; but the aimpoint & the LAM gonna be difficult, the Tasco scope can give problems, due to it's current levels; and the LAM gonna be a ******' pain. And oviously the LODs textures (of the black version) and then... make the body & front grip of the CAR-15's in the 3 camos (W,D & Black) that gonna hurt me... but well; for the OFP... WHATEVER!!!. Let's cu

P.D: I've noticed 1 more bug, this time with the aimpoint sight, that's the C8XM4cco sight; the red dot don't shines by night, like it does in the C8XM4cco sight; any idea why?. Let's cu.

Well i spose if your going to make another M4 you may as well make a good job of it ....... and you certainly are doing just that , very cool textures Wipman ... i dig that funky purple acog , i hope newer anims are available in Ofp2 to make use of the different handgrips you plan to make .

Hi, i don't have plans of make another M4, just a CAR-15 in woodland camo, desert camo & black scratched colour with, x20 rounds mag, x30rdns mag (that i don't know if make it with 2 clipped mags or just a lonely mag), no scopes, no M203, no Mk, no LAM, no fanzy toys; just CAR-15's. The hand grip it's the same model that in the INQ weapons, it's already in some of the already made M4's; but it clips a bit through the hands of the units (tryed using the Sanctuary anims 1.whatever, the latest). I just want to make better M4's for those players that use LSR, HYK, BAS, INQ or any other units; i think that i've make 'em look better than how they were before; now we've to make 'em work better as they made it before. I should end the M4's textures, begin and make equaly good or better (if i can) textures for the CAR-15's, then send 'em to the man who offered us his help to make the config and make the weapons use the extra smoke of the TACTevents.pbo, Beta test 'em... and release 'em.

Between the things that i'll like to know now... it's if there's possible to give ballistic values to the weapons accurized with the C8XM4acog sight (the same sight that i gonna use, other option will be mail DanM1 and ask him if he allow us to use his ACOG sight cross & triangle and use his same [7.62x51] ballistic values for our M4's), i'll like that some one could help us to know if what i say it's actually possible an/or how to do it. Let's cu

P.D: I'll have used another word that also begins with "F" for describe "that" ACOG scope texture, but i already have 1 warning level; i had 2 levels 1 time... and i don't want to earn the "chevy ban", i still need help with this weapons pack; so yeah... let's keep it in "funky" ACOG. Let's cu

Wipman... mate those weapons look GREAT!!!!!

I hate US weapons but this one beats them all... simply the best!

Cya

BV

Hi, i just try to do my best man, just that; nothing more. Im really closer to end the black scratched M4's textures and then will only remain the camoed/scratched CAR-15 that should go fast because they'r 2 or 3 more textures. Then... if we find some one that tells us how to fix bugs, like that one on the E&S M68 Aimpoint sight... they'll be ready for send to the man who said that he wanted to make the config for our M4's, beta test 'em... & PAM, release 'em for allow all the OFP players that wants this M4's & CAR-15's, have fun with 'em. Let's cu

Hi, i had an idea that could work, to make more usefull some of the weapons & represent in game some of the features of that kind of equipment. I remembered "hhmmm where the fuck i seen a fuckin' M1911-A1 closer to a fuckin' MEC-SEU .45...?? mmhhhh... I HAVE IT!!! YEAH!!!" & yeah, we have it... i couldn't find it in any of the OFP related sites that i've in my bookmarks, the addon it's the: LDG HGP = Log-Dog Hand Gun Pack, the TRP Operator; & i found it in some of my OFP Addons back up CD's. That laser beam; should i add it to the M4's equiped with a LAM?; will be only viewable for the player because it's only in the viewpilot LOD, but what i don't know is why it's called as selection: "svetlo". Anyway, that'll make the players see in FPV see a shining red beam going forward from the LAM. What u say?, we add it to the LAM equiped M4's? (crediting Log-Dog [ovbiously] in the readme) or we pass of that?.

M4DM203ACOGSD:

m4_progress02.jpg

the laser beam is an object isn´t it ?

found it always wierd to have a red pole stinging out of my gun crazy_o.gif

better go for some of the real features like attachable scopes and lights, or 2 working scopes on the gun. it´s all possible you just have to remind your config man to include it smile_o.gif

dont mind if i sound nagging, im more than ever looking forward to this pack!

Hi, well... all that i know it's that the laser beam it's over 50m long & it's a 6 faces polygonal selection called: "svetlo". I don't know what's that, my thing are the textures, not anything related to the modeling; it wasn't switched to: shine (in the properties = CTRL+E, in the O2) i swithced it to: shine, i want to see it shine like the flames of the hell with the Keg DLL. It only uses a single 64x64 or 32x32 bright red .pac texture, and i think that of the possible features to reflect some of the features of this weapons with the current OFP, this may be possible (to represent the laser beam of the LAM) i think that for repressent the light like in the modern games... (that HALO light without light cone) that should be made on the units, not in the weapons; and by the way... i don't know what u mean with that of the sights, scopes or that; my english don't get to there. But i thank you the feedback Mr. Burns. Let's cu