Sign in to follow this  
wipman

M4A1 Pack

IS the scale correct on those?

Somehow they look much big to me compared to Earls & Sucheys guns.

Hi, i've found time to try the black scratched textures over the INQ Weapons & this how they look like on the hands of Marines.

On a E&S USMC Team Leader:

amarine01.jpg

On a E&S USMC Force Recon unit:

arecon.jpg

Let's cu

Scale looks fine, E&S M4's were under sized.

Scale looks fine, E&S M4's were under sized.

from what i remember, earl and suchey were correct in sizing their weapons... everyone else made them too large

I'm not sure, but it shouldn't be too difficult to scale something, is it?

I mean you just need to find the dimensions of a specific part of the object or the entire object and make sure those are the same in O2. That's not difficult. rock.gif

I think it's amazing that people keep scaling things too large and the worst thing is that BIS scaled theirs even larger crazy_o.gif

I'm not sure, but it shouldn't be too difficult to scale something, is it?

I mean you just need to find the dimensions of a specific part of the object or the entire object and make sure those are the same in O2. That's not difficult. rock.gif

I think it's amazing that people keep scaling things too large and the worst thing is that BIS scaled theirs even larger  crazy_o.gif

It's easy to keep the scale of the object but it's difficult to keep it scaled with other objects. You can't really measure 850.9 mm of overall length in O2.

When I did my model in Max it was perfectly keeping it's dimentions.

When I imported it to O2 it was 1:10 and still was way too big.

O2 scaling is poor anyways... when i made some of my vehicles etc, they were scaled perfectly - place a BIS soldier in, they suddenly become to large... its a case of trial and error

Earls M16 and M4 are too small for the OFP world they have the correct lenth but upper and lower reciver is too small and the barrel and butt stock are too long.

I think it very easy to scale right since O2 is metric you just create a plane/box or what ever in the size you want and you can do it very very accuratly.

STGN

Hi, i don't know if our M4's have the right lenght, but people like EricJ, that had/has M4's A1 in the hand, could tell us if they think that the INQ M4 Construction Pack it's right. We'd only changed the barrel, and the fuck of scale the M4's... it's not only to find the "true right side"; it's to resize (without die doing it...) the 60 M4 models that we've made, 20 x each camo. Now add to that the CAR-15's with x30 & x20 rdns mags... and if someone comes when all this ******' M4's be released, complaining; "i want this M4 variant", "why don't u make this one", "u should had made this one..." then i gonna trace his/her I.P. , shot him in the neck, put a bomb on his car, chop his hands off with a rusty axe so he couldn't play to the OFP when it be out or rociate him with gasoline, light a match, throw it to him & enjoy the show. If were a lady... the thing will be different...

google for all those scaling people:

arecon1ry.jpg

ShootingM4.jpg

amarine01.jpg

TD2.JPG

looks about right smile_o.gif

from your pics, the inquisitor ones are slightly too large still... or thats with my eyesight tounge_o.gif

from your pics, the inquisitor ones are slightly too large still... or thats with my eyesight  tounge_o.gif

Your vision is the same as mine then , know of any good eyesight test shop nearby , seems if we both go we can get a discount tounge_o.gif .

I'd say reducing the scale a little bit would make the guns perfect.

from your pics, the inquisitor ones are slightly too large still... or thats with my eyesight  tounge_o.gif

Or the OFp man model is not the same size as the man holding the gun.

Although the CS model does need a slight size reduction to be correct.

STGN

Hi, yeah... but what resize factor should we use to make 'em perfect?; 0.91 of resize factor (of the whole weapon) will make 'em of the same size than the C8X_Weapons; i also think that the M4's could be closer in measures if they'll be just, a bit smaller; but as we haven't ended the textures, the models & we haven't even sent to the only config whritter that offered himself to make the config of our M4's... we can't try wich resize factor in the O2 will make the goons be more accurate about they'r size; plus that we maybe should change then, the vertical handgrips and maybe some other things... . and... i repeat, we've 60; M4 variants 20 in each camo, woodland, deset & black scrathed; plus other 6 of the CAR-15's in each camo variant too, 3 with x30 rdns mags & other 3 with x20 rnds mags. Maybe will be enought to resize the weapons until the downside of the hand grip, get's to the lower side of the hand of a unit based in the BIS man dimensions; other wise we could shit it all there if then, they'll look undersized in the hands of the HYK soldiers or oversized in the hands of the E&S USMC; and that's something that no one of us want. Let's cu

i'd say earl and suchey are as close as anyone with getting the size correct... they may be perhaps a little too small, but not by much... like STGN also pointed out, flashpoint troops are smaller than normal people...

its hard to tell, i guess you just have to put it into the game and see how it feels. I think if you can find a size inbetween E&S and inq's then you would probably be spot on, although I have no probs with inqs M4 in game, I compared them to other M4 models in another game and they were practically the same.....meh..who knows rock.gif

Hi, the desert versions on the hands of USMC & LSR units.

On a LSR-Ranger(D):

aranger01.jpg

On a LSR-Delta(D):

adelta01.jpg

On a USMC T.L. (D):

amarine.jpg

I also agree that they'll fit more into the real measures if they were just a bit smaller; but... how much smaller...?? and gonna take a bit to end 'em. Let's cu

Well, being 6' 4" I would say the average OFP soldier is around that height ja?  So I would think if you lay the soldier's hand flat on the RAS, if the middle finger extends roughly an inch, inch and a half it should be "small enough", but use your best judgement, we're not going to take the models and measure them anyways smile_o.gif  But here's a relative size pic of me and my gunner:

m4size.jpg

Unfortunately that's the best I could find at the moment.

the average flashpoint soldier is not 6'4"

the average man isnt 6'4"

I'd hazard a guess that the flashpoint soldier is closer to the 6' mark, if not less.

I think "around that height" is good enough, I specifically did not say that they were..... wink_o.gif

Hi, i've resized a M4 to try it in game & check it's size; i think that's closer to it's real size in the RL now, smaller than the INQ_M4, bigger than the C8XM4.

Rigth Side:

resized.jpg

Left Side:

resized01.jpg

1St Person:

resized04.jpg

On a unit set to "alert":

resized02.jpg

By night in the hands of a USMC3Beta:

resized03.jpg

I think that now they look better; we just have to finnish the black scratched textures, swap the barrels on the 60 M4's + the 6 CAR-15's, make the camo/scratched textures of the CAR-15's, resize the 60 M4's & 6 CAR-15's LOD by LOD, make a config, try 'em in game... & then release 'em for let all the OFP players that wants, download and have fun with this M4's. Let's cu