Sign in to follow this  
wipman

M4A1 Pack

ok trying to be more precise:

you can use a script to change the whole weapon model via your action menu (reload, salute..), thus making it possible to put an attachment (e.g. bayonet, camo, scope, etc..) on your gun while ingame.

pretty neat feature, imagine you have a simple M-4 with just the picatinny rail but during the mission you´d like to have an acog mounted- with this kind of script it´s no problem ;)

about the 2 scopes:

it´s also possible to habve two scope views defined for your gun, like an acog plus an aimpoint.

dunno if it makes any sense though to put multiple scopes on a rifle .. just wanted to mention the possibilites.

Hi, well Burns, we've +70 M4's & CAR-15's, if i had to make 1 more model... i'll slash my veins. And i think that script the things like the RIS panels, scopes, grips, LAM & all that shit could lag more than have a model with it's equiment; but i was thinking in make the ACOG sighted M4's use 2 sights, 1 the E&S ACOG sight (like in the c8xm4acog) and another... make a sight myself for use that iron sight upside the ACOG, for CQB. With the laser beam that will not be necessary because u could know where you'r aiming by the laser; and make the 2 separate sights like Ice-Cube (not the cousing from Ice-T, from Public Enemy, Body Count etc.. etc..) Ruger whatever 1.1 . But well, u'll say "yes, add the laser beam to the LAM equiped M4's", Mr. Burns?. Let's cu

for the laser i´d say no, but don´t give a shit about my opinion. seeing that you already got seventy m-4´s it´s quite sure that i wouldnt find the one with the laser, even if i wanted to tounge_o.gif

and yes, the scope thing i mentioned is exactly the one by ice-cube..i´d be glad if more weapons had it´s features smile_o.gif

Having that laser there is an interesting idea at least. I wonder if there's any way to have only the part of the laser that hits something show up? That would make it look like a dot. That would be sweeeeeeeet!

Just a thought...

@Mr Burns Do you know if it's possible to swap the weapon models during a mission without adding/losing ammo? I had an idea like that once to add an action to "Attach m203" to the original m16, but it gave me a full mag even if I'd fired off a few rounds.

Wipman PLEASE dont't cut your veins until after you beauties are set free for the community! tounge_o.gif

@Mr Burns Do you know if it's possible to swap the weapon models during a mission without adding/losing ammo? I had an idea like that once to add an action to "Attach m203" to the original m16, but it gave me a full mag even if I'd fired off a few rounds.

afair from inquisitors m24 you had to reload after the appliance of camobut never got more mags than issued before rock.gif

btw: the script doesn´t lag, most of the time it´s just the player using it anyway.

that way you could turn the laser off/on too wow_o.gif

Well, having used an IR pointer (VITAL-2), I can say that the beam will be angled down and since it's on the right, angled to the left, so that the laser actually hits the impact point. It's a common misperception that the beam is straight as in your pic. By going with the "zero" that you have there, the player would have to aim high right in order to get proper bullet placement. Angle it right, and when the crosshairs are turned off, he/she will get hits when the "beam" touches the target. Also with 203s with a RAS system mounted, only the top portion is installed. There is a smaller lower half, as in these pics:

RAS

[Please remove image tags when quoting - Fubar]

Hi, great pics, very usefull those RAS photos Ericj, thanks; but as our M4's have as model base & textures base those in the INQ M4 Construction pack... if u add a different texture to something (like photos) then they don't look so good and the models haven't 100% well mapped the textures. I had to adjust & rework some of 'em, i don't made it with others because then... then i'll really cut my veins if i had to re-do that.

I thinked in the zeroing of the laser beam (not the LAM) i already made it aim left in that wip_m4m203acogsd , what i don't thinked in, was to make it aim at the center of the barrel, instead at the height that it's placed, but aiming right over the barrel; as this is the current OFP engine, that'll be a "solution", "helper", "fix", for the kind of CQB scenarios that we can make in the OFP. But i'll try to adjust the beam to aim right at the center of the barrel.

P.D: Easy Chops, i don't gonna cut my veins; there's a world there full of nasty girls to fuck with, tons of coke to snort, mountains of hash waiting for be smoked by me & galons of Ab-Slut vodka wet; dieing for see how i throw the few bucks that i've. This M4's should see the light soon. Let's cu

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the texture issues, it was more a representation of the RAS itself, not texture ideas.

But as far as "zeroing" the LAM would just try to get it on the crosshairs as best as possible.

Hi, done Eric; now the middle of the laser beam fall at the top end of the aim point, now i gonna try to put that m4whrittehere><thebible in game and take a screenshot of how it looks like & maybe at various distances. Let's cu

Hi, here are some screens, hope that u like what u see.

Laser Beam at 50m:

lam_01.jpg

Laser Beam at 100m:

lam.jpg

ACOG by side:

acog.jpg

wip_m4m203acogsd:

wip_m4m203acogsd01.jpg

Reloading on Asashmi:

wip_m4m203acogsd.jpg

Now what i've noticed about the laser beam; it's setted in the O2 to: shine. And ya, it does... but if u turn ON the NVGoggles using the Keg DXDLL 1.0, the beam looks dark, very dark; it isn't "a ray of light in the darkness" it's just something almost unspottable with the NVGoggles. As selection, it's called: "Svetlo", in the O2; i don't know what that does, but up there u see how it looks like in game.

That's the real, final ACOG textures in the black M4's (that "ACOG for seals" was just a joke, i was bored); as u can see below... the LAM texture on the black M4's it's not done (or even touched). Then what we do?, we add the laser beam to all the LAM equiped M4's?, black, desert & woodland? or we just pass of add it to the M4's?. Let's cu

If you plan on the first releease being final, then you should equip all the rifles with the laser. Otherwise, just save it for later.

Hi, here are some screens, hope that u like what u see.

Laser Beam at 50m:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/lam_01.jpg

Laser Beam at 100m:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/lam.jpg

ACOG by side:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/acog.jpg

wip_m4m203acogsd:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/wip_m4m203acogsd01.jpg

Reloading on Asashmi:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/wip_m4m203acogsd.jpg

Now what i've noticed about the laser beam; it's setted in the O2 to: shine. And ya, it does... but if u turn ON the NVGoggles using the Keg DXDLL 1.0, the beam looks dark, very dark; it isn't "a ray of light in the darkness" it's just something almost unspottable with the NVGoggles. As selection, it's called: "Svetlo", in the O2; i don't know what that does, but up there u see how it looks like in game.

That's the real, final ACOG textures in the black M4's (that "ACOG for seals" was just a joke, i was bored); as u can see below... the LAM texture on the black M4's it's not done (or even touched). Then what we do?, we add the laser beam to all the LAM equiped M4's?, black, desert & woodland? or we just pass of add it to the M4's?. Let's cu

dont add the laser beam man

it looks crap

[Please remove image tags when quoting - Fubar]

Looking good wipman, only thing that the laser is IR, not visible light as shown. Get with nephilim as she's done similar work for a VBS1 weapon, and made it able to be on/off. Course there may be differences with eventhandlers, but I kinda doubt it. It's visible in both day and night (though I think it would be a game limitation), but yours should be visible with NVGs on anyways, due to the fact it's a geometry. She mainly developed it for night work, as said, the IR laser is only visible with NVGs. And as for ranges, that's what you can expect with a laser system (though in all actuality it appears to go off into infinity), so it's looking good. If people like/don't like it, then just allow it to be turned on/off.

Hi, that laser beam it's now allways ON, it's visible (only for the weapon carryer) by night, but with the NVGoggles... it looks dark, almost black, practicaly unnoticeable; in the O2 as properties it's setted up to: shine . And it does; but all the things that u setup to : shine, look dark with the NVGoggles & the DXDLL 1.0; happens the same with the M68 lenses.

I don't gonna add the LAM to all the M4's; those who have it gonna be those who gonna have it, that don't gonna change. I don't know how to make the laser beam be switchable to ON/OFF but if that needs a model with it ON & other with it OFF... then it could be ever ON (me & our modeler don't know [i think] how to make that) and well... the question still be: do we add the laser beam to the LAM equiped M4's?. I could make a poll... that'll be more precise than posts saying yes or no. Let's cu

the laser is nice though so it does work like normal laser and helps you aim the gun!? It would be great for missions involving areas were you havent got the time to use the scope, just point laser is nice.

Maybee make a set for night ops and another for day ops? And can you make the laser beam a bit more transparant..?

nice work! How about a screenshot with US soldier in desert, with the black one and the desert one on the chest?

Hi, pics of the Laser Beam & the M68 aimpoint sight by night.

The USMC Addon Pack M4cco sight:

cco.jpg

C8XM4cco red dot:

cco_01.jpg

Our aimpoint sight (bugged):

cco_02.jpg

Laser Beam with the NVG's:

beam_02.jpg

Laser Beam without the NVG's:

beam_01.jpg

The laser beam helps in close ranges, when you're entering in houses and that; but at far ranges isn't so utile. I don't know how to make selections transparent with the O2, otherwise i'll had made the back lense of the M68 Aimpoint & the ACOG, transparent, like in the USMC Addon Pack weapons or in the Dan M14 Pack. I haven't the HYK, LSR or any other addon unit that don't be USMC units installed; and for put that M4 in game... i had to tweak the G36's K config and use it for that M4; so i can't try more than 1 M4 at the same time. And as the config it's something for see the model, and not they'r own config... then it don't has any of the features that the M4's should have. Let's ce

Well I like the laser. Something different at least. Be cool if you could turn it on and off. What does the laser look like through the scope? Can you see it?

Hi, no Chops, u can't see it with the sights; it's only viewable in FPV; up there u can see how it looks like with the NVG's. I don't know why it don't brights with 'em by night, i think it should; and up there u can also see the bug on our Aimpoint sight, our red dot don't shines by night & we don't know why; it does in the original C8X_weapons (from where i took it), i'll like to know how to fix that & i'll thank that if some real modeler/weapons master/real addons maker could tell us how to fix that (the Aimpoint red dot & maybe the laser beam bright using the NVG's) we don't know how to fix it. Let's cu

The M68 Aimpoint COMP M weapon sight has a battery-illuminated red dot reticle, with multiple brightness settings, including IR for NOD's/NVG's. You should be able to see the red dot at night.

It's not a bug.

Though through an NVG setting it would be a white done with a greenish tint dot if viewed through them.  But since OFP doesn't modify the texture, it's nothing to worry about.  I use the same weapons pack, and don't really care. All that matters is that the dot is there smile_o.gif

Hi, i don't know if it's that i don't manage to explain what's up with the red dot in our M4's or if it's a fault of my poor english & that i can't say the things clearly in the kind of "english" that i use to speak (my dear "english"= wiz, wacha, bitcha, fuckin', ya, yar & that kind of good "english"); but our Aimpoint sight it's BUGGED, it don't serves by night (with or without NVG's) the red dot don't shines; it isn't noticeable when it's over a darker/green/brown/black etc.. etc.. surface. I gonna put a screenshot of how that's seen without the NVG's; compare the already there screenshot of "our sight by night" & the pic that i gonna hang up there with that one from the great C8X_Weapons; our-sight-don't-work. Let's cu

Without NVG's; where's the Red Dot?:

wally_01.jpg

With NVG's; where's the Red Dot?:

wally.jpg

Oh, you meant that the bug is a LACK of red dot at night. Yes, I'd want that sorted out too, as that's the whole point of the aimpoint sight. I'm sure that there's lot's of modder's that have fixed this problem. Ask the masters, like Laser, Gordy, Inquisitor and Earl, if you can get them. Laser seems easy to chat with. ( So was Earl, before he left for greener pastures.) Otherwise, extract, dePBO, and take a look under the hood yourself.

I actually never resolved this. Avon wrote sth about it some time ago. It is all due to engine set up + HW T&L support if I remember correctly. The game desaturates all colours during night.

Hi, no no no no no... im getting close to get a permanent ban if i have to explain what's wrong with that Red Dot again & again & again, that DON'T WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD (= like in the C8XM4cco) afther; stole IT with the ODOL Explorer 2.wfe... that Red Dot don't shines; and if u look at the properties of that FFace in the O2, it's setted up to: shine. And it don't shines; how could we make the Red Dot of our M4's shine?. It's not that hard to see that that red dot don't works... just compare the screenshots of the C8XM4cco with & without NVG's & then look at the screenshots of the M68 Aimpoint that we're using; the difference it's more than ovbious; our sight don't works. The E&S M4's/M16's works. How we make our sight work?. Just that; me & our modeler don't know why it don't work or how to make it work. We-need-HELL-P. Let's cu