Sign in to follow this  
Master_Chief

Gun Flashlights

Hmm, looking amazing but I have a couple of questions:

What if you don't hold a gun and press L?

What if you are holding a gun which doesn't have a flashlight in RL or so, will you still get the light?  smile_o.gif

I hope you will continue development on this project.

i would assume you would always have the light.

all guns have the abilty to mount a flashlight on it.

Duct Tape + stinger flashlight + gun = mounted flashlight.

he said it wont work on older models cuz they require model tweaking, so its my guess that he mounted the "light" in the soldiers hand as the hand moves with the gun.

as you remember INQ mounted a flashlight on teh solders chest and it worked. taking that idea and putting it in the arm rather then the body would follow thru with the whole "mounted lighting"

Really cool there MC! Your wonderfull :P

But hey, cant we add a Alpha texture to the end of the beam

like in Doom III? That would be cool

Does it done by the lights class in config.cpp in cfgvehicle of soldier ?

I think it's done like that ... limitation of that is the light could'nt follow the gun but the body of the soldier. If you look the sky the body move a litle up then the light follow but not the gun..

Does it done like that rock.gif

in the BIS soldier model under 02 memory lod, u will find a svetlo there, and as we know svetlo means light, its only a matter of creating a svetla ( light end ) memory point in the memory lod.

Secondly, from my testings, it seems the svelto shines by default from a fix position ingame. no matter how u adjust the memory point. Only the svetla can be adjusted.

As we know, whatever that is placed in the memory point will only follow the movement of the unit and not the movement of attachments like weapons and rockets, thus i guess addon makers will have to do a david copperfied by simulating the attachment movement or choose the most precise point as much as possible.

Having finished with 02, u would then adjust the cfgvehicles class lights to choose your color or size of lights as per normal.

But i am glad Master chief took the extra effort to make something more plausible and looking forward to it. All the best to u and the rest for taking ofp to where no (virtual ofp)man has gone b4!tounge_o.gif

As we know, whatever that is placed in the memory point will only follow the movement of the unit and not the movement of attachments like weapons and rockets, thus i guess addon makers will have to do a david copperfied by simulating the attachment movement or choose the most precise point as much as possible.

if your talking about lights on things like missiles, Ive already scripted a way to do this

this was actully in the origanl demo of the game wink_o.gif i was bored one day so set the time to 4x and left the game for a couple of hours and played the ambush mission at night time where i accidently hit the l key and all of a sudden a torch switched on but for some reason bis removed it, if you dont believe me try it smile_o.gif

shall i spoil master_chief?

hehee

unless u dont want to

i give a hint

soldiers are treated as vehicles (in ofp)

we did the same way in uscm with the light

with the same advantages/disatvantages

Uscm Light

shall i spoil master_chief?

hehee

unless u dont want to

i give a hint

soldiers are treated as vehicles (in ofp)

we did the same way in uscm with the light

with the same advantages/disatvantages

Uscm Light

not mean to spoil you but there is ppl find it out much earlier then you both.......(its mapfact if i remember correctly)

awww, c'mon 4 IN 1, chill out buddy..i think master chief made a great leap for us in the further developement of ofp.

No man is a mr know it all....to really be a community we need to build on what others have stopped. Doesnt matter who discovered it cos was there any further progress and developement on the original idea? Was such discoveries made known and taught to the community in the first place? Is there a prize for being first?

Heck! we should thank master chief for taking the trouble to develope on his own time and effort something for us freely that errr..may never see the light of day in ofp! Cheers buddy! smile_o.gif

lol

i didnt say we were first or stuff

i dont care bout this and i know bout mapfact and inquistor

so....

@ phil

ur right biggrin_o.gif

wos just a hint of mine biggrin_o.gif

@master chief..

if id shoudl find out anything mor ebout the ligth or how to make it work better i pm u

and i hope u do aswell ;P

cool could you show what too add in the cpp?

STGN

This is wrong. All memory points on the soldier model move with the animations. I made the light points to line up with the soldier's weapon proxy, which in O2 is on his back. Then I added the points to the zbran selection so they would be animated along with the gun. I tried some stuff, and the light will move with any selection. You could put it on his foot, hand, and yes, even his ass, and it would work. This also means that you could put the light on pistols and rocket launchers, or even binoculars. you could also have multiple lights on the same unit (I thinK). The point is that the memory points HAVE to move with the animations, otherwise the soldiers wouldn't work at all. A soldier model has a memory point for where the first person view is centered, and it moves when you crouch or go prone, that is the memory lod being animated. Also about the light points, I made new ones (lightbeg and light end) and used them in the cpp when I defined the light, so I didn't have to use the original light points.

This is wrong. All memory points on the soldier model move with the animations. I made the light points to line up with the soldier's weapon proxy, which in O2 is on his back. Then I added the points to the zbran selection so they would be animated along with the gun. I tried some stuff, and the light will move with any selection. You could put it on his foot, hand, and yes, even his ass, and it would work. This also means that you could put the light on pistols and rocket launchers, or even binoculars. you could also have multiple lights on the same unit (I thinK). The point is that the memory points HAVE to move with the animations, otherwise the soldiers wouldn't work at all. A soldier model has a memory point for where the first person view is centered, and it moves when you crouch or go prone, that is the memory lod being animated. Also about the light points, I made new ones (lightbeg and light end) and used them in the cpp when I defined the light, so I didn't have to use the original light points.

now that sounds an improvement biggrin_o.gif

@nephilim & philc

not that i am trying to pin point out who is the first, try not to sounds like an Ad. next time(yes it did sounds like an Ad)

also its not really like a hint for MC, he had more or less figuered it out.

hmm intresting chief

did u try it on the head?

didnt seem to work with my stuff

an yeh multiple ligth work

simply add more classes etc

btw

does the counter on that gun work chief?

wished the guey who invented the uscm marines wouldnt have put the lcd couner on the right side....

it sort of useless that way in ofp :P

hehe

hmm i havent ried it out if this kind of ligth works with houses...

but u coudl do it liek philcommando did

config ur hous as a vehicle and take off its fuel etc

there a thread in the oxy forum

hmm intresting chief

did u try it on the head?

didnt seem to work with my stuff

an yeh multiple ligth work

simply add more classes etc

btw

does the counter on that gun work chief?

wished the guey who invented the uscm marines wouldnt have put the lcd couner on the right side....

it sort of useless that way in ofp :P

hehe

the counter is workable, as in the video and MC stated out at the halo mod page(needed to check back somewhere around page15 or so)

Master Chief, there is a problem however and I just want to make sure you are aware of it.

The Marines have the Flashlights on their guns I believe, but Master Chief does not (because you can use the Flashlight with any weapon) I was wondering if the Flashlight location will be different from the two.

I have just made a man whit light and it works like you said but there is one thing the vertical thing is much worse than in your video eny Idear what I could be duing rong? also I have this stupid cone of light while yours just show the light where its hits?

STGN

Great work, Master Chief

This is something I always wanted from the beginning.

Now my twenty million dollar question...

I dunno shit about adonmaking but...

Is it possible to make a functional searchlight addon with this?

That would be fantastic!

hmmm... a searchlight in a tower...

Master Chief,  there is a problem however and I just want to make sure you are aware of it.

The Marines have the Flashlights on their guns I believe, but Master Chief does not (because you can use the Flashlight with any weapon)  I was wondering if the Flashlight location will be different from the two.

what did you mean? you mean the covenant weaponary? rock.gif

Nice work Masterchief, looks rather good smile_o.gif

Question though, how did you remove the lightbeam 'cone' from the soldier? When I was messing around with flashlights on soldiers, I couldn't seem to get rid of it. Even after adding the shape="empty"; piece of code.