Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted War dynamic grass

one question...ThruYerStErNuM

...is it possible to do something in config (in ...res\bin folder)like to make addon of this, not to open any mission or use trrigers and init lines, just to add some kinda class in config.cpp or config.bin simmilary to tactevents for suchusmc&rni..

i hope i'm not tallking stupid things   blues.gif

when i see this, i can only think "if there will be new version of ECP then it become BOMB" with all these new script additions in last months ;)

of course to author, excelent work, thanks and keep on smile_o.gif

Yeah it would be nice, but I'm not sure how to do that... I know it's much faster and more efficient to have the mission maker place the triggers for his specific mission, rather than have a large number of existing triggers pre-programmed in, if it were even possible.

(ok now i'm really drunk, dont know why no one appreciated the humor of the hint in the last comment)

I want to know why no one is giving me decent criticisms!

Russians found lots of problems with this http://www.flashpoint.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=396049#post396049 (do an altavista translation) that I wish I could discuss. I very much prefer suggestions rather than praise, is it that on the official forums the moderators are out-of-their-mind-power-hungry ban-happy spam-hippy meanies? Are people here afraid they or I would not appreciate negativity? I blame canada and europe.

Is it possible to play SP missions and SP campaigns (Cold War Crisis for example ) on BIS island with this beautiful grass ?

I bet the ECP folks could work something out to add it to their set of selectable features. Would you be happy with the ECP mod taking this baby on, Thru, while you crack on with Unscripted War ?

wink_o.gif

Cheers,

Cornhelium

These grass objects behave different in dark compared to trees, bushes. They shines if they illuminated. This could be repaired anyhow?

cool grass. Saw the thread and thought it was the Vietnam pack sad_o.gif Any realese date yet rock.gif

I've fixed all those issues with the new release, except for graphics related lag. The first post in the thread is now the same as this post.

Version 1.2 released 7/13/05

Download from waskosky.com

Grass is generated around placed locations rather than everywhere now, this solves the issues from before.

Whats new:

New grass colors.

Grass objects are slightly more complex.

Grass can't and shouldn't be 'destroyed' anymore.

AI only sees through taller grass when very close.

Grass objects are set to 'lit' so that they will always look the same.

malden3t.jpg

winter1t.jpg

kolgujev1t.jpg

I am releasing all this now because I am leaving for a little while and this version is very easy and efficient to use for most purposes. But I have been making new textures and want to make better objects for the next release, heres a preview of some grass for the next release:

nextversion.jpg

Very good choice of colours, right density. Another addon made by somebody with heart and brains, must have. smile_o.gif

This looks awesome just what OFP lacks.

I hate to seem useless but coulf someone who has installed this write a quick step by step for us who have not added such a mod before.

Have read the readme but am not 100% sure how to do this

Sof ar have only played around adding pbo files, etc.

appreciate the help.

Thanks

Kieran crazy_o.gif

There are quite a few files in the download, is all I need to do place the 2 pbo files into my ofp addon file?

Good stuff, but it seems to cause CTD if used with ECP. Anyone having the same problem ?

This looks awesome just what OFP lacks.

I hate to seem useless but coulf someone who has installed this write a quick step by step for us who have not added such a mod before.

Have read the readme but am not 100% sure how to do this

Sof ar have only played around adding pbo files, etc.

appreciate the help.

Thanks

Kieran crazy_o.gif

same here, i do what it sais in the readme, but it seams i cant get it to work...

so could anyone that does get it to work write a short "step by step" tutorial?

I do not have this Probs.

1.) Made an Mod Folder @Grass and put the Pbo´s into

ADDONS Subfolder.

2.) use it with ....exe -mod=@grass

3.) Use first his demo on Nogova

4.) make a Mission with only one civilist and save it

5.) just copy the content of his demo in it or merge the

files and then just copy the rest of scripts into it.

6.) Don´t use abstract any so far .... :-)

I don´t see any problem.

Otherwise PM me i will send you a demo on another Island

mfg

MCPXXL

Im still a bit confused, I understand the adding the pbo files to your addon on folder.

Im still a bit confused about the rest of the files in the download...

Would really appreciate a quick 'idiots' how too on this, it looks great!

Thanks

Kieran

The rest is the demo mission ? and one readme

Put the uwargrassdemo2.noe into your

Users/YOURNAME/mpmission or missions folder

and you can see it in editor

I personal use every time the "MPmission Folder"

hope it heples biggrin_o.gif

Yes, thanks very much for your help!!

Demo mission looks great!!!!

smile_o.gif

WOW i need some help on this one sad_o.gif what do i do i just installed the addons thin there is alot more stuff what do i do with them huh.gif why couldent ya just use it in empty objects like Mapfacts stuff. Like all ya have to do is go to empty go to Uwar objects and click on what ever one u wont everon grass 300,1000 and its there why do u have to put int box script and stuff why why why sad_o.gif lol i tryed this int and puting stuff in mission folder but it wont work sad_o.gif  iv done what it said in the readme to sad_o.gif but i get missing script [] exec "uwar_abstractStaticInit.sqs.". thats how u do it right just click on what grass u wont then put that in the int box right PLZ  Help

@ July 14 2005,15:20)]Can we play it on MP Maps?

Don't think ThruYerStErNuM added MP support yet but I will soon upload a MP compatible script that uses a tweaked version of djukels original script and that works with this addon!

However there are some things to keep in mind when using dynamic grass in multiplayer. See this thread for more info...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....53;st=0

@ThruYerStErNuM: Thanks for a great addon + parsing tools and enjoy your vacation smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)