Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted War dynamic grass

Sure Key you are right !

In scripts i found ..... "MP not yet"

icon_rolleyes.gif

ERRRRRRRRRRRR PLZ help me on this i cant get it to work iv don every thing u told me in the readme banghead.gif What i do is put the addons in the addon folder then i open the uwar_testgrass2.noe. folder and iv got an uwar_func folder and some pbos it tells me to put the uwar_func folder in the mission folder so i did i put it in the missons folder in the ofp diconary. then it says and the files uwar_createstatic.sqs, and the other pbos? so i think the other pbos go along in the mission folder? so i put them all in the mission folder also so now iv got the pbos and the uwar_func folder in my mission folder. Now step 2. it says add in the init.sqs line [] exec "uwar_abstractStaticInit.sqs" so i did and it says cant find script? Step 3. this i dont get place an trigger on the map so i do and make it detects everything with the name "everything"? how do i do this. i put an trigger on the map and it doesent have an active trigger for everything only west east ect.... and i cant dragg the triggers sys line to the empty grass wtf plz some one help me on this why did u not just make it to where u just put the errrrrrr empty grass on the map and bom grass wow why all this dam trigger and ect... its an object u should just make it to u just go to empty object and click on ur war grass and chose ur one and place it on map and its there wow why all this stuff why all why sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

its an object u should just make it to u just go to empty object and click on ur war grass and chose ur one and place it on map and its there wow why all this stuff why all why sad_o.gif

LOL, have you actually bothered to open your eyes and check in empty/objects? It's there!  wink_o.giftounge2.gif

The demo mission worked fine for me when I tested. It is one way to get dynamic grass over larger areas but if you prefer to place the grass by hand you can or you can use this alternative (and MP compatible) dynamic grass script found here...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=105

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Quote[/b] ]

its an object u should just make it to u just go to empty object and click on ur war grass and chose ur one and place it on map and its there wow why all this stuff why all why sad_o.gif

LOL, have you actually bothered to open your eyes and check in empty/objects? It's there!  wink_o.giftounge2.gif

The demo mission worked fine for me when I tested. It is one way to get dynamic grass over larger areas but if you prefer to place the grass by hand you can or you can use this alternative (and MP compatible) dynamic grass script found here...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

ya i know its there an when i put it on the map its not there confused_o.gif i cant get it to work help.gif i got the empty ur grass in the object but when i put one of them on the map its not there huh.gif

My guess is that you are placing "Abstract grass objects" (the ones used by ThruYerStErNuM's grass script).

As I said try check down in empty/objects there you will find the normal grass objects you can place on the map.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

My guess is that you are placing "Abstract grass objects" (the ones used by ThruYerStErNuM's grass script).

As I said try check down in empty/objects there you will find the normal grass objects you can place on the map.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

im placing Abstract grass objects with thruyersternums grass script what are u saying i just dl the addon thin i did as it said put the addons in the addon folder and put the rest in the mission folder thats all i did and it does not work sad_o.gif do i need to put an script in all the time that i use this grass huh.gif or do i just click on it an place it on the map and it well work huh.gif err

do u get what im saying banghead.gif IT DONT WORK IV GOT THE GRASS OBJECTS IN THE EMPTY LIST BUT WHEN I PUT THE GRASS ON THE MAP ITS NOT THERE OK IT DONT WORK THATS WHAT IM SAYING I DID NOTHING OF CHANGING OR WHAT NOT TO THIS ALL I DID WAS PUT THE ADDONES IN THE ADDON FOLDER AND THE REST IN THE MISSION FOLDER THATS IT AND IT DOES NOT WORK!

1in1class, first of all you need to chill, no need to shout! Second I have hard time understanding your "ramblings" but I do my best...

You say you want regular grass objects that are placable in the editor without using any script. The good news is that they are there if you look closely enough. Check down a bit in empty/objects list (it's not the abstract grass objects you should use for that).

Sorry, but can't say why ThruYerStErNuM's script doesn't work for you!? It worked OK for me when I tried it but I use the alternative script mentioned above since it works in MP.

Good luck!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

all right sorry if i got u fired up but plz just tell me how u installed it plz step by step plz maybe ur help in this would get me on track wink_o.gif If u would plz confused_o.gif

Look very cool - i would say such grass adds much terrain realism into the game.

But, please make the procedure more simple...

Maybe convert some existing islands (integrated grass)?

all right sorry if i got u fired up but plz just tell me how u installed it plz step by step plz maybe ur help in this would get me on track wink_o.gif If u would plz confused_o.gif

There was no magic at all...

1. Copied the two uwar*.pbo's to my Addon directory.

2. Copied the demo mission to my mission directory.

3. Started OFP and selected the demo mission in the editor.

4. Thats it...

Quote[/b] ]

But, please make the procedure more simple...

Maybe convert some existing islands (integrated grass)?

@ begorra2: Try this alternative dynamic grass script and your wish is granted wink_o.gif

http://www.matrix5000.org/KEY_DG_100.zip

You will need Jakerod's nice Avignon Island 1.00 to try it.

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/islands2/BDM_Avignon_v1.zip

Please read the thread below for more info since there are a few things to be aware about if you intend to use it in multiplayer.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

see i dont have an mission folder all i got is an addons folder and an uwar_testgrass2.noe folder and in that folder the uwar_teastgrass2.noe one is an bunch of sqs files and stuff a lot of them huh.gif so i put the uwar folder in my missions folder and when i start ofp its in the missions but when i click on it its blank nothing there.

see i dont have an mission folder all i got is an addons folder and an uwar_testgrass2.noe folder and in that folder the uwar_teastgrass2.noe one is an bunch of sqs files and stuff a lot of them huh.gif so i put the uwar folder in my missions folder and when i start ofp its in the missions but when i click on it its blank nothing there.

The pbo goes into the addon folder in OFP and the unwar_testgrass2.noe goes into your User -> Your name -> Missions folder, or something along those lines, then you will find a mission named unwar testgrass in the editor when you open novgova

wow so iv got it to work on the mission confused_o.gif and the grass shows up in the mission but when i try it my self it dont work the grass doesent show up sad_o.gif Wow iv tryed so hard to get this thing working and when iv get the sample mission a try and its there i see the grass and i get realy happy, then i try it my self and lol banghead.gif  banghead.gif  IT DOESENT WORK ERRRR. So i see it in the sample mission but not when i try it my self. mad_o.gif why cant it be simple like to just put the f in object on the map and there it is. Why the trigger why? other object in OFP like mapfact and others work as an simple way u just put the dam object on the map and its there no trigger on int no blaaa blaa.

ok, so i get this to work...

but how about improving it a bit?

i want more density in the grass withouth adding more objects (more objects causes lag), and i want bigger objects then the 1000m ones (possibly to cover the entire island? but it should "feel" if there is roads or runways and not add grass there.

then i want a "mixed" object with mixed Nogova, Malden and Kolgujev grass...

all these are improvments imho, though i have no idea whats possible to make..

only downside is that when i make as much grass as i want in a area (right density) it causes a big pile of lag...

@ 1in1class: Again....make sure you are selects the correct grass objects and not the "Abstract ones" when placing them in the editor!

@ Shadow: Have you tested the alternative dynamic grass script mention above?

It covers the whole Avignon island (except roads, etc.) and you can easily select grass height and it's density (D500-D2000). It mixes some different grass types as well wink_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

@ Shadow: Have you tested the alternative dynamic grass script mention above?

It covers the whole Avignon island (except roads, etc.) and you can easily select grass height and it's density (D500-D2000). It mixes some different grass types as well wink_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

nope, havnt tried that yet... maybe i should...

That is some amazingly realistic grass,reminds me of RE4 and well..........real life,I must say I am looking forward to putting this everywhere on the everon map and laggin myself to death,woo!!

That is some amazingly realistic grass,reminds me of RE4 and well..........real life,I must say I am looking forward to putting this everywhere on the everon map and laggin myself to death,woo!!

No need to lagg yourself to death, just use one of the dynamic grass scripts available and you will have nice grass all over combined with smooth gameplay tounge2.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

would it somehow be possible to make the grass apper in say, 500m radious of the player?

but maybe not on roads and "smooth" textures like runways?

i think that would be more useful for playing purpose and not just cutscenes/screenshots as it appers to be now...

sort of "spawning" grass around the player unit on the run so to speak... would probably reduce lag and be much smoother....

Thats exactly what the above mentioned dynamic grass scripts do wink_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

strange, becouse i didnt se any grass on the demo mission :/

even though i chose D2000

oh, btw... i did see 1 small piece of grass... about 300m away... after 15 minutes....

Try again... Lie down and/or use your binocs and you will see it easier. Also note that it takes a while for all grass to be generated (saves CPU resources) so stay put in one location for a while then check again.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

thats what i meant, i saw one tiny spot of grass, aftar about 15 minutes, in the same spot... and no, i dont have a "low end" system, it´s more a medium on a scale...

the UWAR grass comes nice and ok, but the other grass... well... i just cant see it, even if i choose tall grass...

i have no clue what could cause this though....

Thats quite strange Shadow and I have no clue why this would happen???

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)