Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

ORCS RF Motorized Riflemen

Sputnik, I think it has to do with there engage range, I am not sure of the correct value, but if you look in one of your mentioned troop providers (Hyk etc) and compare their configs with the ORCS ones you will see what I mean.

I agree, there are badarse to play agasint but I love the challenge it brings, esp with a sniper who will now engage at range.

Thanks sv5000. I'm gong to look into it after dinner. I'll just compare their config to some of the other ones and adjust it as needed.

I can deal with them just fine though, it's the AI that can't. I usually make platoon vs platoon sized battles with armored support so I have to rely on AI support. I don't like to Rambo every mission. With these guys though no AI can take them on (Be they American, British, Czech, Finish, Tonali,or Resistance).

Quote[/b] ]Balance them yourself, or dont use em, but dont say they are worthless, maybe there are other reasons why you find them so hard to use

All I know is the FDF, CSLA ,BAS, BOH, HYK, PUKF, Edge, and MAP units play together well. ORCS doesn't play well with any of them. What are we supposed to use them with? Sure ORCS could make some West troops with the same stats, but I would also like to use them with the rest of the community made troops as well.

I just think it would be much more easier and logical for ORCS to balance their units than ask FDF,CSLA; MAP, BAS, PUKF, EDGE, BOH, and HYK to rebalance their units to ORCS.

Quote[/b] ]Balance them yourself

Ok how? I tried in the past with their beautiful VDV units but could not get them down to mortal standards. What do you change to make the engage at the same range as every single other addon in the community? Becaues seriously I really want to use these units. As it is now though, there is absolutely no way I can use them fairly with any of the addons I have now.

Just edit their (ORCS) weapons.pbo (whatever it's called), make their weapons use Suchey and Earl's ammo (from their MarineAssaultPack).. works really good.

could sent you a config.cpp if you want to.

Thx all. Weaponpack is still on beta-testing, final version will contain some heavy changes. About balance - we need soldiers to fire more than 1 round\min. Anyway, configs in the mod version will be changed heavily, so you can play without any disbalance.

Btw, there is correct list of classes, i am sorry, i made some mistakes in readme:

class icp_r109

class ICP_ak74mag

class ICP_rpk74mag

class ICP_akmmag

class ICP_ak47mag

class ICP_SVDMag

class ICP_PKMMag

class ICP_valmag

class ICP_vssmag

class icp_grenadeE

class icp_grenadeEbag5

class icp_gsh18Mag

class icp_gsh18eMag

class ICP_val

class ICP_valpso

class ICP_vss

class ICP_ak74

class ICP_ak74m

class ICP_aks74m

class ICP_aks74u:

class ICP_aks74:

class ICP_akms

class ICP_akm

class ICP_akmb

class ICP_ak47

class ICP_aks47

class ICP_ak74mo

class ICP_rpk74

class ICP_aks74gp

class ICP_akmsgp

class ICP_ak74gl

class ICP_ak74mgl

class ICP_aks74mgp

class ICP_SVD

class ICP_SVDS

class ICP_PK

class ICP_PKM

class icp_gsh18

Airborne (VDV) Recon, or Airborne Specnaz. Methought, kneelpads used rarely enough in usual Airbornes.

@ Aug. 06 2004,01:25)]Anyway, configs in the mod version will be changed heavily, so you can play without any disbalance.

Thank you biggrin_o.gif

Until then...i'm equiping every one of these guys with a moddified version of Kammak's MAP JAM script... smile_o.gif

Because I cant read russian denorc.Can you explain to me what your guys all about.

Pappy...what direction were they faceing? tounge_o.gif

i forgot to mention i did a mision on the desert island with me at the top of the one moutian (in the middle) with a 12 ga shotgun and my pimp mobile blstin the song "die mf die" and using the lsc_m590 with the scatter gun effect to deture them from coming up the hill biggrin_o.gif that was a fun one too

about the longer distance. .yes i did find that a problem tooif they are standing still and i run at them (2 squads vs me) im screwd. .whats worse. . is my test soldier is about 99% invincable to small arms fire. .in a hail storm of lead i died twice. . . . im frickin invincable mad_o.gif cept for 3 headshots at once, or a heavy caliber weapon/explosive. but yea i learned my lesson, park my car in teh gully then attack with the 12ga tounge_o.gif

Arrrggg. This annoys me, everyone has their own litle ideas about how cool their own little infantry are so they ramp up the armor values to show this ...

It takes soldier out of soldier sim and is not OFP like. Bullets kill all people equally in OFP and that should stay the same.

Adrenalin and body armour would be nice to model but standardise it like JAM, as everyone has their own interpretations of what those are also.

If you put WGL troops, these ORCS ones and BAS guys in a scenario, do you think it would be anywhere near the realism which OFP strives for?!

It does my head in because addons just are not cross compatible and there is no standardisation so there is no way missions that include a lot of addons are attractive.

Maybe you should try addon before spittin' your poison there? Armor parameters are like BIS soldiers, only fire intense improved.

I gotta come to ORCs defense on the armor issue. They are indeed the same as BIS in that area.

The area where they are unbalanced and overpowered is their awareness and engagement range. I'm not good at this whole config thing but I'm trying to tweak mine for my own personal use, so as to make them usuable with all the rest of the addons made today. I have noticed some things in the config that just don't match any one else at all. For example their accuracy is set to 5.0. where as Hyks infantry for example are set to .7 for infantry and 2.5 for snipers (give or take .10).

I've been messing with them for about 4 hours now trying to get them balanced with the other troops I have. It finally looks like I got them balanced some what. In my test battle with them vs Hyks troops I finally got it down to a 50/50 chance of victory for each side. Though I had a lot of problems getting to that point. Finally I just deleted from the config as a last resort a bunch of the snippets about camoflage, sensitivity and what not. They still work and further more they seem to be about the same as every one elses addons now.

The fact that I would spend 4 hours trying to get them to work is testament to how good the untis are other wise. If these were any other unit I would just say "forget it, to much trouble"and delete them.

Good one sputnik ,instead of whining about it, you invested the time to work it your way.(and probably learned abit on config editing i dont doubt ;) ) Just find a set of values that you like and make it uniform across all of your units. Its a bit of work, but it makes the game that much better.

I know I tweak ALL of the configs on units I D/L, its my game and Ill play it the way I want. tounge_o.gif

ORCS your troops rock(again)   biggrin_o.gif

gr8 pack, one thing bugs me is that differnet soldiers have different camo, like u have a rifleman with one cam and the machinegunner has another, are u planing to update it so its set out like you airbourne pack? (so u have a full set of soldiers in one camp, and another set with the other camo) just my thought, but its a gr8 piece of work, nice guns. one thing still gets me, no one ha made a AN-94 rifle, are there any plans to? smile_o.gif

gr8 pack, one thing bugs me is that differnet soldiers have different camo

I once read someone mention here that often Russian infantry have mixtures of uniforms, even within the same small squad.

Is that true? Is that what this addon is portraying? I actually like it! smile_o.gif

I've download and it works very good !!!

THIS IS THE BEST ADDON I'VE NEVER SEEN !!! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Very good joob ORCS,I'll replace immediately EECP 4.2 naval marines by those...

could you teach me how to do it?? please hehehe wink_o.gif

Thanks!

They certainly look nice.

What impressed me most was the commendable effort to make the units with varying levels of detail.

The only unfortunate thing about it is that it appears that low detail is still pretty damn high detail and the highest detail is downright ridiculously detailed.

Still. The thought was there...

Any chance seeing your Zil-131 pack with different detail versions as well?

I like it very much as your VDV causes lag on my comp but the low detail version in this addon does not. Its still pretty dam good looking. smile_o.gif

The area where they are unbalanced and overpowered is their awareness and engagement range. I'm not good at this whole config thing but I'm trying to tweak mine for my own personal use, so as to make them usuable with all the rest of the addons made today.

But theres a problem...

What if you released a mission using "your" modified config of units and other people who dosn't have that config of the soldiers tried it? For them it would be totaly unbalance. An easy mission for you could turn downright impossible for them. wink_o.gif (Same with other peoples mission, what if you want to try those?)

Sure if your only going to use those on a personal bases its alright...but once you have hundreds of variations of the configs releas out their, your going to run into trouble somewhere.

Bah...any ways awsome units, probably well grab some of the sounds and replace the JAM ones with em. smile_o.gif

Thanks!

Yes ofcourse smile_o.gif

look here wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I once read someone mention here that often Russian infantry have mixtures of uniforms, even within the same small squad.

Is that true? Is that what this addon is portraying? I actually like it!

Yes. Especially with Special-Forces units, who you'll see things like RASTR-4 and REED mixed in with some Flora, similar. This is definately one of the things that can drive you crazy attempting to analyze a set of photos.

One thing that bothers me about this is that your VDV (2.0) have a great set of Flora pattern fatigues, but the Flora on these units is horrid! At least it is on the High-Resolution troops.

Otherwise, great work.

Thanks!

Yes ofcourse smile_o.gif

look here wink_o.gif

thanks a lot!! smile_o.gif