Sign in to follow this  
radiant

Cheat and cheat prevention discussion

@ 12July 2004 !! 03.00 UK time Il get in server w8 intill game is over and join the other players I cant login cause i am only member of my clan  !

We playt A DM  First off al he cheated with GOD Mod i cant killt that guy Second he DElected buildings MADE Tanks and Cars on the map

That guy Can Edit MAPS ONLINE ?? he can get every weapon GUN car ,Building Everyting ?? i have 2Gb of video material Of the cheater You can Download The SUPERCHEATER On my Webspace

Also I ASK THE BOHEMIA TO GET A PATCH TO STOP THIS THIS IS NOT A REGULAR CHEAT THIS IS DANGEROUS !!

I have the EXE fille for the Cheater  I cant give you link Here cause this is to dangerous ALSO he had a ID changer !

UPDATE * NEW VIDEOLINK* http://users.telenet.be/OFP/Cheater.rar

CHEATERVIDEO 2

Best you can do is to have a IP finder or spoofer on ya server comp. Get the guys ID (the one who cheated) Call up his Internet provider, get his home adress and pay a visit. Thats how I would deal with people ruin this game. To bad theres no law about cheating in online games :P biggrin_o.gif

I think you have to look that Movie i made then you believe me

Oke Guys THE speed for to download the VIDEO is to slow Il go put new LINK FOR Faster download

Best you can do is to have a IP finder or spoofer on ya server comp. Get the guys ID (the one who cheated) Call up his Internet provider, get his home adress and pay a visit. Thats how I would deal with people ruin this game. To bad theres no law about cheating in online games :P  biggrin_o.gif

Internet is anachy

This is one of the reasons I play coop only. It's unfortunate, I hope wish pc crashes and blows up.

Monty

I hope wish pc crashes and blows up.

I'm with you one that, if I had incurence on my PC  wink_o.gif

Me and Rogue had a similar person when playing the Ground Control 2 MP demo. A few days later the guy was found out on the forums (he'd apparently cheated in many games) and someone sent him a virus which nuked his hard drive. We laughed haha. Serves his ass right.

There are atleast 2 ways to cheat like this. Both I know of uses edited files so do a filecheck and kick whoever has edited files.

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

*ALARM ACTIVATED*

Female voice: Warning, old news

the cheat is called the vecktorbosons console ...with this console u can add units ,vehicles etc etc ...look at map using satilite view move buildings ..transport players units etc etc ..there is no end of crap u can do ......people who use this are scum .......and i am doing as much s possible to design a method of catching these scum......if anyone is good at programing contact me as i have all the info on the console and could use help in designing a file checker to stop it from being used

MSN stormuk@hotmail.com

there is not much u can do about it at the moment .....however normally the cheaters ID will change to a 12 digit ID number....so kick the person with 12 digits....make sure u count them as OFP has IDs upto 10 digits...

Malbouf and I will be releasing an IP logger soon, so u can ban the scums IP from ur server it will assign the IP to the player name and ID...

Yep saw this first hand on our server as well when someone made 400 or so buildings in a massive wall format all around us.. LMAO

It was funny and thankfully he didn't do it again next match.

atleast if the used their cheats for right things only. Imagine having guys adding buildings and bushes on a map while playing. Totaly remakes it. That could be pretty cool. or give each side a tank. But i guess that is nearly impossible.

biggrin_o.gif well next time you see somone take a screenshot or a video like i did tounge_o.gif

and no this is not funny or Nice !! Remember what they can do in WARS !! We cant dected them They can see touch walls !

Seen this before too... I was playing [AGSF] Hexenkessel and all the buildings were removed 1 by 1. Then the guy spawned tanks, choppers, bikes, trucks etc. and dropping lots of LGBs everywhere. You also could not kill him.

crazy_o.gif

Malbouf and I will be releasing an IP logger soon, so u can ban the scums IP from ur server it will assign the IP to the player name and ID...

That would be useles in many cases, bcs for example here in germany 99% of the internet users needs only do disconnect and reconnect again, to get an new IP, bcs we have dynamic IPs!!! And i guess in many countrys in europe with many providers it's the same.

I already told them, they don't care. They will ban subranges until they have effectively banned one whole country....

yeah this has become a common place..at first I was excited to see 100s of bombs coming down on CTF LaRiviera but later cheater was doing it again and again..and same old stuff - bombs and chopper + removing buildings...

BIS gotta make a new patch so client side scripts would not work anymore (or something like that) and filechecker should be able to check client's "flashpointresistance.exe" - yeah all of us have to rename it to one global name..cuz I know some of us use it like ofp196.exe, ofp191, flashpointbeta.ex and etc (if have several versions)..

also another annoying cheat - some spammer connects to server and floods it with messages and the most important thing - you can't kick him cuz he doesnt show up in #userlist + IDs with long ass numbers (well, those you can kick easily)..

BIS can releas patch to end this cheating because you must givve them that cheat so they can see how it works smile_o.gif

you must givve them that cheat so they can see how it works smile_o.gif

Exactly.

Any files/documents related to cheating of any kind should be sent to us, send them to me if you wish Placebo@bistudio.com, anything sent to us will be treated confidentially and looked at carefully smile_o.gif

just when i thought only the true OFP fans survived.....

lol, kinda suprised me, anyhow, i hope we can all be proud of PlaceBo and the BIS team once again... very soon... wink_o.gif

LOL what a hilarious cheat! biggrin_o.gif I wish all cheats were transparent like that. I just hate those sneaky cheaters who pretend they're playing fair. mad_o.gif

Whe i saw screensots from guy that was cheating i got sick!

Because soldiers all red, there is no buildingds, roads... even on map there is no roads when you press M key

Whe i saw screensots from guy that was cheating i got sick!

Because soldiers all red, there is no buildingds, roads... even on map there is no roads when you press M key

That's the kind of cheaters I was talking about, yea. In my CounterStrike days I talked with a cheater we busted. He was using coloured models. He actually didn't consider it cheating! mad_o.gif He said he just wanted to 'push the game to its' limits' or smth. What an idiot he was (is?)!

P.S.: BTW, you have to admit that spawning motorcycles could be really useful sometimes (i.e. walking from respawn to the battlezone). biggrin_o.gif