Sign in to follow this  
radiant

Cheat and cheat prevention discussion

What part wasn't clear? Dont link to cheat sites? Dont post player IDs? Don't post player IP addresses?

Ah, sorry about that, didn't think about the URL (I blanked out the IPs only)

I'll keep that in mind icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

New one out there... a wallhack called "gwhackd8", working with wireframes and no fog.

Well, I apologize for resurrecting an old topic, however I have a question for the OFP server admins / owners.

I have had two instances this past week on my server with someone trying to connect to the server using a very strange user id: "server(1)". There are about 5 underscore characters before the word "server" and about 5 underscore character between the word "server" and the (1). It appears the forum does not allow the underscore character because it keeps disappearing from my post.

then they repeated trying to connect using the same id but with (2), then (3), etc.

We would see the player "connecting" to the server, but never saw them disconnect. They were not listed as an active player in the side selection screen and you don't see them listed if you run a userlist.

Also, while this person is using the above player id - strange things occur when playing maps. AI and players freeze for short periods of time, ECP stops working properly, players can not get in or out of vehicles, and some others I can't remember right now.

Also, my OFP server log shows the "server identity created" message around the time this player was trying to connect to the server using the strange ID.

Does anyone know what the player is trying to do, or is doing, by attemping to login using the strange ID? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem recently?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide on this problem.

Razor [RS]