Sign in to follow this  
dm

BAS Tonali SF and BTR-T

I didn't ask what it's dependencies were, I just said that I didn't know. I saw a question and answered it.

Maybe there should be a text to speech button for the forums, to save the brain power required for reading through a thread.

I vote for a really sarcastic sneering female voice, that adds in huffs and puffs and snickers at appropriate moments.

Maybe it could even do a running commentary on the new posts as they are typed.....

Logical thinking! hehe, whatever next!

TJ

I vote for a really sarcastic sneering female voice, that adds in huffs and puffs and snickers at appropriate moments.

You rang?

You're hired!

Edit: C4P741N my comment wasn't aimed at you, you tried to help someone, something to be encouraged, my comment was aimed at people who ask questions which 1. Have been answered a number of times and 2. Questions which have answers that can be found simply by doing a little legwork smile_o.gif

i was trying to read allpages but got kinda ... nm that

i got ONE question?

Where are the tits?!!

i mean where are the female soldiers?

There ARE female soldiers and officers, and some of them are bound to apper in some mercenary army.. Or is it unsuitable in that area ?

blues.gif

crazy_o.gif must. . .resist. . . urge. . . crazy_o.gif

downside to being a modder: you cant just speak your honest opinion in matters like this without ruining your public image

so just insert a bunch of derogatory things aimed at comments like that and lets move on   blues.gif

Wow, I really like those soldiers! biggrin_o.gif Will have loads of fun with them, thanks! smile_o.gif

i was trying to read allpages but got kinda ... nm that

i got ONE question?

Where are the tits?!!

i mean  where are the female soldiers?

There ARE female soldiers and officers, and some of them are bound to apper in some mercenary army.. Or is it unsuitable in that area ?

blues.gif

I doubt there is more then a dozen female mercs in the entire world.

For real yo.

@Placebo: Come on man!  I DO look around for answers first before I post.  But flipping through a bunch of pages of "BAS rocks these are awesome!" and "BAS sucks they didn't give us the seals" and "Shut up you ungrateful b@tch" got tiring.  I'm sorry I must have missed it.  Mabye you should filter out other types of redundant posts as well.

Edit: I just tried a search for BTR_A and just as I thought I can't find the exact post where it's mentioned. Is there a way to search a keyword in specific posts instead of topics?

In a crowded room deep within the bowels of a Swiss research organisation the crowd waits as Placebo is to unveil his latest revelation.

The cover is pulled off...and low and behold!

Placebo introduces the idea of logic, thinking for oneself and reading for the betterment of one's mine.

The crowd looks and scratches their head?

What does it do?

How can I use it?

What benefit is it when I want my answers now?

biggrin_o.gif

Stop introducing these radical concepts Placebo biggrin_o.gif

I see the swiss women haven't dulled your great sense of sarcasm, TS! smile_o.gif

I've worked with you guys now for almost two full years (correct me if I'm wrong?) and you still haven't stopped amazing me. Incredible work, once again.

And to Ebud, congrats on getting hitched. I've got a week before our first anniversary, and if yours follows the suit of ours, it only gets better. *turns to wife. "there. i said it. do i get paid now?"*

I allready posted it on the 3rd side of the thread:

Thanks BAS

but the MPMission on TOnal asks me for the addon BTRT_A crazy_o.gif

the one on Tonali works fine

Sorry about that. I guess it got in there when we were using the original BTR-Ts to test the mission and stayed there when we switched to the Tonal ones.

So you either need the original BRT-Ts from Sebastian Müller loaded too to run the mission or you just remove the BTRT_A from the addOns[] section of the mission.sqs.

@Placebo: Come on man! I DO look around for answers first before I post. But flipping through a bunch of pages of "BAS rocks these are awesome!" and "BAS sucks they didn't give us the seals" and "Shut up you ungrateful b@tch" got tiring. I'm sorry I must have missed it. Mabye you should filter out other types of redundant posts as well.

Edit: I just tried a search for BTR_A and just as I thought I can't find the exact post where it's mentioned. Is there a way to search a keyword in specific posts instead of topics?

All you need to do to search in a thread is to hit CTRL-F and enter "BTRT_A". Even if you have to do that on all the 13 sides the thread has now it would have been faster than writing two new posts wink_o.gif

@Placebo: Come on man!  I DO look around for answers first before I post.  But flipping through a bunch of pages of "BAS rocks these are awesome!" and "BAS sucks they didn't give us the seals" and "Shut up you ungrateful b@tch" got tiring.  I'm sorry I must have missed it.  Mabye you should filter out other types of redundant posts as well.

Edit: I just tried a search for BTR_A and just as I thought I can't find the exact post where it's mentioned.  Is there a way to search a keyword in specific posts instead of topics?

It's BTRT_A, page 3.

I use ctrl+f to quickly search a page for something, no "official" method of searching for individual posts, but Denoir's Forsearch works very well smile_o.gif

About BTR-T shadows... It has not shadows, unless i cant see them. But i found a very curious thing, while i was playing in Tonal:

shadow.jpg

It´s like the shadow were under the standard shadow level and that´s because can be seen under the bridge... crazy_o.gif

P.D: I can´t see BTR-T shadows in any island

I was really shocked to hear that BAS had "downed tools" until the release of OFP2 but these guys have done a magnificent job with the released addons and this one is just as good.

Everyone needs a break/holiday at some point so i look forward to OFP2 and the return of BAS.

PH

ok i get it now. Ctrl-F! I never woulda thunk of it. Thx for the tip. Anyhow, BAS ROCKS! THX FOR THE AWESOME FREE DOWNLOAD!!! But I can't seem to play either of the 2 missions (they have the same name, 1 you play as a gunner on the BTR and the other you don't) because they always crash back to the main menu.

Sorry if this has been posted before, don't answer me if it has. I just thought of it now and figured I'd throw it in. I'm gonna go search for it now...... *runs away to search with tail between legs*

Sweet! Thanks for your addons BAS, We Appreciate them all.

ok i get it now. Ctrl-F! I never woulda thunk of it. Thx for the tip. Anyhow, BAS ROCKS! THX FOR THE AWESOME FREE DOWNLOAD!!! But I can't seem to play either of the 2 missions (they have the same name, 1 you play as a gunner on the BTR and the other you don't) because they always crash back to the main menu.

Sorry if this has been posted before, don't answer me if it has. I just thought of it now and figured I'd throw it in. I'm gonna go search for it now...... *runs away to search with tail between legs*

Pitufo, read what I posted 6 posts above.

Once again for everyone to take notes:

The missions are crashing due to the fact that we first tested them with Sebastian Müllers original BTR-Ts. That way the BTRT_A got into the mission and OFP doesn't remove it itself when you delete the units again. So when we replaced the original BTR-Ts with our Tonal version the BTRT_A still stuck in there but no one noticed the error because we all still had the original BTR-Ts (BTRT_A) installed.

So the solution is:

- to just install Sebastian Müllers original BTR-Ts,

- or open the mission pbos yourself and remove the BTRT_A from the addOns[],

- or wait until we release a fixed version of the missions (whenever that will be).

All this was allready posted by me in this thread only an hour after the issue was first mentioned by Dauragon back on page 3.

These addons were interesting until I found out the pbo was locked. Thank goodness for cutpbo. Even though it's more work than it should be to edit these things. I'll give it a go later. I'm not digging up a bunch of addons to play with them.

Seriously though. Locking was a pretty lame thing to do. I honestly don't see any threat to the addon unless the motivation is a bit more childish (ie: forcing someone to use the addon in a specific fashion, not including ripping off textures or models of course).

The more this shit happens the more uninterested with OFP I become. I like trimming the fat off my addons. Which with your DeRa involved "De-Jamming" their inventories and giving them regular guns or FDF guns or whatever damn guns I want them to use. I was planning to do the same with these. Additionally because I just find the bulk of Earl/Suchey's unit and weapon pack to be a bit much right now.

Well it's a bit ridiculous to say that once I've downloaded it and found it out.

Nah. I'll just make it worth my while. tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Max style.

The whole "locked" pbo's thing is a topic that has been done many a time, and never a result can be found.

If you think its lame we locked it, then so be it. We just wanted people to play with the addons as is, rather than dive straight in and start ripping them to bits.

Someone said in this thread earlier:

"locking addons makes the user feel uneasy"

Well, when the boot is on the other foot

"ripping addons apart makes the creator feel uneasy"

Its all about give and take wink_o.gif

Since I'm not distributing it as my own, or using textures. At all. I really don't see the problem.

If the usefulness of the addon is contingent on allowing me to modify it for a particular mission or simply to cut down on the amount of addons I must have in my addons folder. I think it's perfectly reasonable to be allowed to do so.

What you're speaking of is more of an ego thing... and I really don't have any time for that. No offence. I play OFP and use addons because I want to have fun. That's pretty much it.

Like I said, its been done over and over again, and there's never a "satisfactory" outcome.

Ofcourse we want the addon to be suitable for missions, but that can never be achieved, since the missions will be so diverse.

I believe the saying goes "You can please some people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

For all other times, there's the init box wink_o.gif