Sign in to follow this  
dm

BAS Tonali SF and BTR-T

For all other times, there's the init box wink_o.gif

its just that simple... why do people always complain about loadouts... addweapon is your own personal loadout method tounge_o.gif

I guess it's because in MP games you can't see any changes to loadout in the lobby. And IMHO that's quite a good reason for having enough variety of preset loadouts. Off course addonmakers can't make all loadouts people can come up with ;)

My only small nitpick with these guys is the hand gloves, they are a little too big and i believe they would look better with small black leather gloves, other than that they are perfect to me and i really like to see them with western gear (SAW's, M4's, etc). Still i believe some dont like them because they are not S.E.A.L. or Delta's but model and texture wise these units seem fantastic to me smile_o.gif .

Nice addon.

The models and texturing really feel like some work has gone into making them of a high quality.

Nice to see a different concept being done.

Can't really get my head around the absurd whining earlier in the thread but I guess if BAS hadn't been setting the standard for so long people wouldn't be bothering.

i think that this add-on is great...

as for locking the addons, that is the creators discretion. i personaly like to tweak the configs of my addons, but im not going to complain about it. besides, 5 minutes of searching should get you the method to unlock these... its insanely easy.

It is insanely easy, because of that I'm glad this download wasn't a total writeoff insofar as it's usefulness to me.

Well now at least.

I think it's just a bit unfortunate that things have to be that way. Units like these are great because they don't have any visible markings of affiliation. They're just generic units that can be used as mercs or militia... or whatever.

That customizability issue was pretty much the only one I really have. I don't understand those who complained about this addon being made and not another. Nor do I understand why people would be mad that instead of making weapons for them, they simply used the marine assault pack weapons, which are perfectly decent, if albeit a bit on the high detail side.

Although I have yet to try this addon [i will when I have time next week to enjoy it] I want to extend my warmest thank yous to the BAS team for providing me with some of the best addons made for OFP. They DO NOT look like reskins to me. I heard an interview with Tigershark on some site and he is fantastic to listen to. Hats off to him and you also Deadmeat. smile_o.gif

BTW. An armoured vehicle like the BTRt could be a part of an aid package or bought through some international arms dealer or arms trade show. They have show in places and a country can purchase new or used weopons at these shows. We give military aid to countries. How do you think Isreal and Egypt get those fighters and helicopters? Isreal has some of our Patriot missles. Hope that clears things up. unclesam.gif

Well, speaking of Mercenaries tonight on the History Channel there is a 2hr documentary showing titled "Soldiers for Hire" if you in the U.S. it's showing @ 8pm EST...looks interesting

I like this pack because the jungle ones look like the FARC that operate out of columbia.

Well, speaking of Mercenaries tonight on the History Channel there is a 2hr documentary showing titled "Soldiers for Hire" if you in the U.S. it's showing @ 8pm EST...looks interesting

It was pretty interesting....

BAS, excellent job, I'm loving these.

I missed the first 30 min each time it was shown sad_o.gif So I missed the Angola section that featured EO. The Sierra Leone mission which I had read about before was the basis for the idea behind these units.

I missed the first 30 min each time it was shown sad_o.gif So I missed the Angola section that featured EO. The Sierra Leone mission which I had read about before was the basis for the idea behind these units.

got a netfriend who had been in EO(acturally 2, but one of them is KIA while he was hired by UN as an instructor somewhere in africa at March, just 3 days b4 his contract is over sad_o.gif )

smile_o.gif  CHEERS, nice job there... very nice.

....and just as I'd downed my Tonal missions a bit... ( unclesam.gif ) ...I'm back on the island.  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

What can I say - Fab. work!!

Tombs crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Yeah I thought that documentary was TOP notch if it comes on again I'll prob try to record it...I can't get over how alittle over 300 EO guys saved a nation..and the documentary made me grow an even LARGER distaste for the UN what a bunch of useless a-holes mad_o.gif

Yeah I thought that documentary was TOP notch if it comes on again I'll prob try to record it...I can't get over how alittle over 300 EO guys saved a nation..and the documentary made me grow an even LARGER distaste for the UN what a bunch of useless a-holes  mad_o.gif

thats y UN turns their head to Mercenaries instead of those normal "UN troops" as a part of UNPF now

I have only one thing to say to BAS:

OOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooh

Shiny smile_o.gif

Edit: Argh since I bumped this post up so much I'd better say something else.

I think that what BAS has done here with Tonal and this pack is probably the single most important innovation they have made for the OFP community; not to belittle their other always excellent work but what they have created here is a point of focus for players, whether they're making missions to be published or just mucking about having an indepth background to base things around makes playing flashpoint a whole lot more fun.

In response to critiscisms of the BTR-T being included, this is just the sort of highly effective kit that small governments in the back alleys of the global village have been purchasing in the last decade.

Export also rans like the BTR-T are often exported in small numbers to desperate countries who can't afford the popular choice...the manufacturer offloads the kit, and the customer gets a quality asset.

I only found out they'd been released just now btw.