Sign in to follow this  
dm

BAS Tonali SF and BTR-T

cool... destroyable turret  biggrin_o.gif

that came with the original btr-t's by sebastian

Thx very much for one more addon!  But I got a bug:

Same as Avon said about the "bas_o" missing but also both of the demo missions (the ones with the same name, only in one you're the BTR gunner and in the other you're a team leader) don't run at all.  It just jumps back to the main menu as if I'm missing an addon or something... but without an error message.   (Sometimes when I'm missing an addon it jsut quits to the main menu.)

Check file Flashpoint.rpt to see if an understandable error report was appended there when you crashed.

@Avon: I hope this is understandable! It's not to me! This is one of the TSF missions where it just quits back to the main menu, I think the one where u play as gunner of the BTR. O ya, another message i got was "cannot load mission missing addons: BTR_A"

anyways, here's my .rpt excerpt:

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res196.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Mon Jan 26 14:33:58 2004

graphics: Direct3D HW T&L , Device: RADEON 9800 PRO, Driver:ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6451

resolution: 1280x1024x32

Addons:

BAS_derad in bas_derad\, OFPEC_Blood in ecp_blood\, c8x_Magazines in c8xmag\

C8X_USMC in c8x_usmc\, EditorUpdate175Noe in editorupdate175noe\

EditorUpdate102 in editorupgrade102\, SUCHusmc in suchusmc\

BAS_Kiowapack in bas_kiowapack\, BAS_weap in bas_weap\, C8X_RUSS in c8x_russ\

SUCHruss in suchrus\, VoiceRH in voicerh\, BAS_TSF in bas_tsf\

BAS_JAM_Weap in bas_weap\, Bizon in bizon\, Su25 in su25\, BAS_HH60 in bas_hh60g\

ECP_Blood in ecp_blood\, 6G30 in 6g30\, BIS_WeaponPack in o_wp\

BAS_deraw in bas_deraw\, bas_mh6185 in bas_lbs185\, JAM_Magazines in jam_magazines\

BMP2 in bmp2\, C8XJAM_USMC in c8x_usmcjam\, editorupdate102 in editorupdate102\

BAS_Jkawa in bas_kawa\, C8XJAM_RUSS in c8x_russjam\, Kozlice in kozl\, Steyr in steyr\

Objects1 in objects1\, bas_deraJ in bas_derajam\, BAS_I1 in bas_i1\

BAS_MH47185 in bas_mh47e_185\, BAS_O in bas_o\, AH64 in apac\, BAS_Cargo in bas_cargo\

BAS_I2 in bas_i2\, KTE_Grenades in kte_grenades\, Vulcan in vulcan\

BAS_OPFOR in bas_opcpp\, IGW_Spot_Light in igw_spot_light\, Hunter in hunter\

Kolo in kolo\, Mini in mini\, Trabant in trab\, G36a in g36a\, C8X_magbox in c8xmag\

BAS_MAH60 in bas_mah60\, BAS_repairH in bas_repair\

bas_soarpilots in bas_soarpilots\, ECP_Effects in ecp_effects\, BRDM in brmd\

Ch47D in ch47\, HMMWV in humr\, LaserGuided in laserguided\, Noe in noe\, OH58 in oh58\

XMS in xms\, BAS_AirWeap in bas_airweap\, BAS_RUSOPFOR in bas_rusopfor\

BIS_Resistance in o\, TACTEvents in tactevents\, bas_kawa in bas_kawa\

Flags1 in flags\, MM1 in mm-1\, BAS_btrt in bas_btrt\, bas_soar185 in bas_soar185\

Bradley in m2a2\

Mods: RES;hisky;@ecp;@BAS

=======================================================

Date: 07/11/04 Time: 22:07:22

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 006A0AB9

Version 1.96

Fault address: 006A0AB9 01:0029FAB9 C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res196.exe

file: intro

world: intro

Prev. code bytes: 47 04 8B 04 A8 85 C0 74 36 8B 70 28 85 F6 74 07

Fault code bytes: FF 06 8D 46 08 EB 05 B8 F0 31 78 00 FF 74 24 14

Registers:

EAX:11941600 EBX:00000000

ECX:1049F9A0 EDX:0000006D

ESI:40337A06 EDI:007899E8

CS:EIP:001B:006A0AB9

SS:ESP:0023:0012F8D0 EBP:0000026F

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:0038 GS:0000

Flags:00090206

=======================================================

The exploding turret idea is a very nice feature I noticed with the original BTR-T pack, but have still not been inside one when the turret was blown. I do not know if there is a script built in for it, but I think best option is to make something small that detects if turret is present, and if not it kills any turret crew. It should also remove actions to get in as gunner or commander. I'm sure this has been thought of, but I have not seen if it is part of the addon or not. If it's not part of the addon, then maybe someone can write a script for us to use to have this more realistic option.

I personally enjoy this feature, it reminds me of the days when I played Steel Beasts. It has pros and cons for both vehicle crew and enemy to the vehicle. But it adds a bit of realism and extra fun that adds more to the game. Hopefully this issue can be figured out and resolved.

Maybe a little off topic, but it could also just be an issue with lag or the game itself. There have been many times that I have been in a tank or APC that was totally destroyed and I was still able to jump out alive. Maybe not in the best health, but still alive. Although one time I was in a M2, heard an ATGM fired and heard a hit nearby, but assumed it was a miss since my damage graphic showed no damage (all white). I was in the gunner's seat alone in the M2, and was still able to scan for targets and fire the weapon. But when I wanted to hop out, I looked behind me to see the M2 was a black mangled mess. Totally destroyed, and it was killed BEFORE I got out. Not sure how that was possible, but it happens in both MP and SP at times, both slow and fast PC. This might be related in some way to what happened to you Lt Hunter.

ive shot that turret with every AT thing i can find and it doesnt fly off for me. . it didnt with the other pack of btr's either crazy_o.gif

am i misisng a script or init or somthing to make it fly off?

Quote[/b] ]Pappy Boyington Posted on July 12 2004,23:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ive shot that turret with every AT thing i can find and it doesnt fly off for me. . it didnt with the other pack of btr's either  

am i misisng a script or init or somthing to make it fly off?

This is part of the readme file from the original BTR-T addon.

Maybe this might explain why you do not see the turret explosion.

Quote[/b] ]***** OPERATION FLASHPOINT BTR-T Addon *****

Release 1, Update 1

FEATURES:

======

In Resistance side you find each camo version of the BTR-T without markings. These vehicles don't use the turret explosion effect,

so you should use them in case you had problems with invisible turrets before.

FIXED BUGS AND CHANGES:

- Removed the turret explosion script from the alternative variants of the BTR-T (the variants without markings)

hmmm ok. . that confused me. . i mean i understand why it wouldnt. . .but

does this BAS version have exploding turrets or no?

if so: why doesnt mine work?

if not: why is there a 3 page disscussion on how cool this addon is cuz of the exploding turret crazy_o.gif

Yes, it does.

Its a random number script (nothing to do with the power of the weapon that hits it)

Every time the BTR is killed, it generates a random number, if its above a certain value it'll blow off. Guess you're just unlucky wink_o.gif

Yes, it does.

Its a random number script (nothing to do with the power of the weapon that hits it)

Every time the BTR is killed, it generates a random number, if its above a certain value it'll blow off. Guess you're just unlucky wink_o.gif

prolly why i dont play the lottery  tounge_o.gif

Edit: perhaps i should line up abotu 10 of them and get my Kamikaze Watermelon Launcher squads out in force and test it that way tounge_o.gif

The only addon i liked from BAS were the Grave stone with "BAS R.I.P" words on it. Thank you, guys, that's really amazin', even more, than BAS week was... LOL.

guess everyone's entitled to their opinion... although if i were to express mine right now, i'd be kicked off the forums.. catch my drift mad_o.gif

anyways... still can't get the turret to fly off... thats why i dont play the lottery as well.. unlucky me as always

@ July 13 2004,12:21)]The only addon i liked from BAS were the Grave stone with "BAS R.I.P" words on it. Thank you, guys, that's really amazin', even more, than BAS week was... LOL.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....8;st=99

WL+1, 1 Week PR.

Take that tounge_o.gif

I didn't knew the turret could be blowed of, I've played the mission where you played the BTR-T gunner 3 times (RPG's blew me up 2 times wink_o.gif ) but mine didn't blow off rock.gif

Maybe shoot a couple of times on it in the mission editor wink_o.gif

its quite strong the BTR - and i like that... i took 3 RPG's and it was still in one piece, but wouldnt drive forward very well... brilliant stuff biggrin_o.gif

its quite strong the BTR - and i like that... i took 3 RPG's and it was still in one piece, but wouldnt drive forward very well... brilliant stuff  biggrin_o.gif

Experienced that too in the demo mission got shot 3 times by militia RPG's and finally with the 4th time they got me wink_o.gif

BTW: I really liked the demo missions, I know they are converted from the campaign, but it was really fun to play 'em smile_o.gif

Please can somebody help with a little problem with one of the mission internal conflict from the demo pack for this addon!! When i sart the mission i get message cannot find addon btrta.And then boots me back to the ofp intro screen.Whats the btrta and were can i download it from? Thanks in advance

um do you need Tonal+OPFOR for this? Because i downloaded the versionwithout JAM because i have JAM2 but when i try to play it CTD's tounge_o.gif Please help.

do u have Suchey and earls Marine Assult pack rock.gif

Ok, for those that are having trouble with not seeing turrets blow off. I have done a fast test runs at smacking empty BTR-T's lined up five in a row, hitting with both T-55 and M1A1. Results and pics are below.

First run I used the Rebel BTR-T, and after 3 runs of 5 kills, not one turret blastoff. That's 0/15

Rebel BTR-T vs Rebel T-55

Number 2 screenie

PIC12.jpg

Pic shows 4th of 5 Rebel BTR-T's exploding, no turret explosion

Second series used the Gevernment BTR-T, only needed 1 test run. Out of 5, 3rd one blew turret off.

Number 2 Government BTR-T

Number 3 Goc BTR-T with turret explosion

Notice missing turret

Killing last of 5 Government BTR-T's

Standing next to blown turret

PIC21.jpg

Here you can clearly see the turret on #3 Governemt BTR-T was blown off

Hope this helps a little  rock.gif