Sign in to follow this  
hammen

SPETSNAZ MOD

This thread was started to help you to know that is the SPETSNAZ MOD.

You may ask your questions about our mod and its products.

We'll try to give you the truly information about our projects.

Also, you'll see 'hot'(and, I hope, interesting for you) screenshots, and you'll know some 'hot' dates of our releases.

First of all, let me introduce our studios.

SPETSNAZ MOD studios were founded by the three mapmakers in the beginning of year 2004... And nowdays, for a seven months of its life, our studios has more than seven modellers, five mapmakers, 1 terraformer, 3 scripters, 3 webmasters, 6 texturers, one programmer, and big beta-testing team. Our task is very simple: to do very good addons of russian vehicles, weapons, soldiers etc. We have a big future, and we'll try to give to community addons with the same level of quality as products of such famous MODs and studios as Red Hammer Studios, Ballistic Addon Studios, etc.

Our principles state:

- Always authentic models/textures/interriors

- Love to the smallest details

- Realistic config params

- High level of scripting

- No humulation of russian vehicles in config

Feel free to ask any questions about our mod, and, If you have some, give us your suggestions.

Do you have desire to join us and you have good addonmaking skills? Feel free, we're glad to the new members.

Do you want to use our models/textures/ideas etc. in your own project/addon/mod? If you have such request, feel free and we'll try to make a deal.

Thank you for your attention.

- No humulation of russian vehicles in config

rock.gif

good luck on your mod , but what do you mean by that? BIS wrote some unpleasent stuff in the config?

WHY NO HUMILIATION?!!? It's cool to make fun of Ruskies. J/k wink_o.gif

Sounds cool! More stuff for me to shoot.

I think they mean the poor values for things, as Russian weapons tend to be much more powerful than their NATO equivilent. But I can see why BIS made them weaker to balance the game with the NATO units.

Yeah but you can't go making a BRDM-1 able to beat an Abrams...

My grenade could beat an abrams.

What else are you guys planning to make next to the BRDM-1 and 2? just wondering cuz my mod is also working on a few Soviet things and I don't want to make any doubled things.

maybe we can cooperate a bit... we'll see wink_o.gif

I think they mean the poor values for things, as Russian weapons tend to be much more powerful than their NATO equivilent. But I can see why BIS made them weaker to balance the game with the NATO units.

excuse me but which russian weapons have BIS made that would have been much more powerfull in real life than it is in OFP?? I know the abrams is a bit too strong but thats it?

STGN

The Strela works better and has has a bigger hit effect than the Stinger tounge_o.gif

But i think the overall ingame values are ok, its all about balance.

Only thing is that the Abrams is too strong, A T-80BV ( wich the BIS one seems to be ) should be at least at the same level of the M1A1 normally even superiour...

An A1 yes, and then you have the training aspect. A normal American crew gets much more training time than a Russian crew due to the state of the Russian military budget. Sadly, their hearts are there, but after the fall of the USSR, there is not enough money to hold up the glorious military that once was.

A little suggestion of a not so little russian antimaterial weapon.

ntw1.th.jpg

ntw2.th.jpg

An A1 yes, and then you have the training aspect. A normal American crew gets much more training time than a Russian crew due to the state of the Russian military budget. Sadly, their hearts are there, but after the fall of the USSR, there is not enough money to hold up the glorious military that once was.

wow u seem to know alot about the russian army practice huh? hows more than 10 years of war in chechniya for practice sound to u?Believe me there they have to work alot harder and be very professional, its not like popping uranium shells at underpowered Asad Babyl's somewhere in the desert before the crew would know u were there.

Training no, combat exerience we got plenty.

I'm getting out of here before this becomes another ubernationalist shit slinging.

I'm getting out of here before this becomes another ubernationalist shit slinging.

lol. let's see how long this thread stays "open". sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

What I would really love to see is remakes of regular BIS BMP's. New right sized model, new textures and maybe some fancy scripts and so on.

I know this has been done by FDF mod and CSLA mod but to use them I have to have those mods.

Lets say I would want to use realistic BMP-2 with Marine assault pack infantry. I cant do that in FDF mod as the units are not balanced at all.

noone is being nationalistic, just sayin u should think and research before posting the post I comented on.

But specnaz is using it?

Nope, i guess you have it from the Shilin Gun Club page, well its just a article about a weapon from another country.

Russia uses the SVN-98/KSVK or the OSV-96/V-94

v94-3.jpg

Guys! You better to HOLD YOUR HORSES.

As stated above, BIS did humulation on russian vehicles to make a balance! But... We're not BIS. Balance is senseless, when in real life there is no balance AT ALL. Also, it's senseless to compare skills of russian and american crews, and, I can say it without any doubt, military budget doesn't play the main role. Well, I'm sure, that person, who says "Russian crew is worse trained than american" didn't ever been in Russia, didn't know history of Chechen conflict. This opinion is too 'plain' and shows low level of knowledges about Russia...

Also, BIS did generally humulation. F.e., 12.7mm AP bullet in game cannot overpunch armor of HMMW.

Let's get back to theme. Here is the list of our projected addons:

- BTR-70 & modifications

- BTR-80 & modifications + BTR-90

- BMPs Pack (BMP 1,2,3 & modifications(BMD, BRM, BMM etc.))

- T-72 Pack

- T-80 Pack

- T-90

- ZSU 23-4

- Mi-24 Pack

- Ka-58

- Il-72

- URALs Pack

- UAZ Pack

And more...

My question is, are you going to unbalance it in Russia's favor? A BTR70 doesn't stand a chance against 30 .50 caliber bullets. Are you going to represent this fairly or are you going to put a more biased spin on it?

We'll make config params so realistic, as we can do it in game. I can answer your question: yes - armor of our BTR-70 couldn't stand against .50 cal bullets(our 12.7 mm bullets, certainly...)