Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Very Important Announcement from BAS

are any bas members still going to be sticking around making any independent releases? ie islands, personal projects?

stuff like some of the bas guys have already done on their own?

are any bas members still going to be sticking around making any independent releases? ie islands, personal projects?

Nagual! Come in, Nagual!

Don't you have a vault-full of playable missions that can be released? sad_o.gif

About BAS team members working on VBS, I think SelectThis is working on it wink_o.gif

Nagual! Come in, Nagual!

Don't you have a vault-full of playable missions that can be released? sad_o.gif

i miss his missions too ..

the last demo mission made by asmodeus followed by this announcement doesn´t leave any hope for me sad_o.gif

Good luck with finalising all your projects BAS and look forward to some fine releasing for OFP2. smile_o.gif

Does this Deadmeat can go back to his Police Pack? tounge_o.gif

Does this Deadmeat can go back to his Police Pack? tounge_o.gif

NO!!!1!1!1!!11!!!1!1!

tounge_o.gif

Seriously, I don't know atm. As always, you'll have to wait and see...

Erm, they weren't making a HEMTT where they? That's the Combat! team. And I think BIS can make their own models you know, they DID make the game, or did some of you forget that? Just because their original models and units dont look all that nice any more. VBS1 is proof they can make some amazing stuff still and that the engine is VERY flexible still.

Erm, they weren't making a HEMTT where they? That's the Combat! team.

Never heard about the desert pack?

And then tell me what SelectThis is doing on the VBSrecource forums as a moderator, Cassandra said someone of the team is working on VBS  rock.gif

But I don't have waterproof evidence, only BAS has  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

The desert pack was marfy's stuff, they were just updating the configs and adding some extra details like kit bags in baskets and stuff and model touch ups. Also I think its a shame because now I doubt we'll ever see Marfy's Humvee's which he put hours and hours of work into. And I meant the whole team, sure maybe SelectThis is working for them, IMO he's the one with the most talent out of the lot.

And I meant the whole team, sure maybe SelectThis is working for them, IMO he's the one with the most talent out of the lot.

I never meant he whole team rock.gif

And only the textures of the desert pack were Marfy's work, they wanted to add a lot of new models.

Thank you BAS.

BAS sets the standard by which I measure addons. They are innovative, and excellent. Good job. Well done soldiers.

I am counting the days until we can get our hands on OFP2. I am sure, time permitting, BAS will again add much to this greatly anticipated 2nd edition of OFP.

Operation Flashpoint is often imitated but never duplicated. They have no peers and nothing else even comes close. There are a lot of good games, but only one good simulation. Operation Flashpoint AddOn makers like BAS add so much to this great simulation and have my complete respect and gratitude...DOA

The desert pack was marfy's stuff, they were just updating the configs and adding some extra details like kit bags in baskets and stuff and model touch ups. Also I think its a shame because now I doubt we'll ever see Marfy's Humvee's which he put hours and hours of work into. And I meant the whole team, sure maybe SelectThis is working for them, IMO he's the one with the most talent out of the lot.

they had more stuff in the desert pack than just a few retexture hummers.

they had more stuff in the desert pack than just a few retexture hummers.

Trucks, tanks, more.........

Quote[/b] ]Well, as a lot of you may have figured out allready, THIS is the news post I have been talking about in the Forums.

I would like to take this oppertunity to announce the BAS Desert Pack. You guessed it, its a pack of vehicles including Hummers, which have been much talked about recently.

Enough talk, now here's a list of the current contents of the pack, please note that it IS subject to change, and the final version may have more or less in it. Here we go:

Tank Crewman (Desert)

Driver (Desert - Boonie hat)

M2 A3 Bradley IFV

M6 Bradley Linebacker

M3 A3 Bradley CFV

M1 A1 HA Abrams Heavy Armour

M1 A2 Abrams SEP

M60 A3 Patton (Marines Variant)

M113 A3 APC

M901 A3TOW (Modified M113)

M577 A3 Mobile Command Unit

M998 HMMWV (Army/Marines Variants)

M998 HMMWV Open (Army/Marines Variants)

M1035 HMMWV Ambulance

M1025 HMMWV M2 HB (Army/Marines Variants)

M1025 HMMWV M240G (Army/Marines Variants)

M1025 HMMWV Mk19 GL (Army/Marines Variants)

M1097 HMMWV Cargo/Troop Carrier

M1037 HMMWV Shelter Carrier

M270 MLRS

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck Open

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck (M2 HB)

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck (M2 HB) Open

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck (Fuel)

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck (Ammo)

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck (M240)

M939 A2 5-Ton Truck (M240) Open

M977 HEMTT 11-Ton Truck

M978 HEMTT 11-Ton Truck (Fuel)

M984 A1 HEMTT Recovery Truck

M983 HEMTT Truck Tractor

M2 HB in Fortified Position

M220 TOW Launcher in Fortified PositionModular Tent and Shelter Systems

And some bonus Vehicles:

M163 A2 Vulcan

M730 A2 Chapraral

M1 Abrams

sad_o.gif

*bangs fist on table and cries*

WHYYYYYY?!?!

*sniff* my campaign would have been excellent.

Curious what the Code Blue mod will do since they were going to use the desert pack in their mod rock.gif

code blue is still around?

Yep, they made a change in their campaign, but I haven't heard a lot from 'em lately sad_o.gif

Thank you BAS.

BAS sets the standard by which I measure addons. They are innovative, and excellent. Good job. Well done soldiers.

I am counting the days until we can get our hands on OFP2. I am sure, time permitting, BAS will again add much to this greatly anticipated 2nd edition of OFP.

Operation Flashpoint is often imitated but never duplicated. They have no peers and nothing else even comes close. There are a lot of good games, but only one good simulation. Operation Flashpoint AddOn makers like BAS add so much to this great simulation and have my complete respect and gratitude...DOA

Well said smile_o.gif

Lest we forget the great addons given by so few, to so many, or something biggrin_o.gif

I think that the reason (at least for now) that a bunch of the stuff, especially the desert pack, is getting shelved rather than set out on the curb is that while some parts may have been at 95%, others were further back, and BAS didn't want to part stuff out.

If you dig through the code and the models for the Blackhawks and the Pavehawks, you will notice a huge pile of common equipment, scripts, and textures. Those packs, and similarly the Tonal packs are not designed to be 'parted out'.

While BAS repeatedly said that they were not pursuing a code-mode like FDF or ECP, their addons were rather modular. If BAS is planning on forking their work over to OFP2 development, I'd like to see some kind of comments from them regarding continued upgrades to the the OFP1 packs.

So what was everyones FAVOURITE Ballistic Addon Studios addon anyways? And why?

TJ