Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Very Important Announcement from BAS

Well, He does have a point, but, Just to let you guys know... People have lives, not all of them are devoted to making your precious little addons, I'm sad that they had to stop, but they needed to because they were not being productive enough for the time they were taking. I respect that, and Salute BAS for their fine work, Jesus I hope someone locks this thread.

I have the same feeling as Specops9 ... in my opinion you guys are hired by BIS for OFP2.  

I mean preparing for a new OFP thats not even got a rough releasedate ...

VBS BH and LB look damn BAS'ish too ...

Congrats ...  tounge_o.gif

dunno whats all the ocnspiracy talking about.

cassandra already said she´s sure that somebodys working on vbs team, hearing that from a former (semi) bas member is enough for me.

also e few pages before her post somebody else form bas (tigershark or dm) mentioned bas working on vbs1 (iirc)

c´mon people, i´ts tooobvious. who remembers the thread where bas asked us if we´re going to pay for addons... well here we have it.

so rather than doing conspiracy talks, you all should find a job save some money and buy vbs ..asap !   biggrin_o.gif

wink_o.gif

again, thanks for the great work you´ve done bas !

cassandra already said she´s sure that somebodys working on vbs team, hearing that from a former (semi) bas member is enough for me.

also e few pages before her post somebody else form bas (tigershark or dm) mentioned bas working on vbs1 (iirc)

c´mon people, i´ts tooobvious. who remembers the thread where bas asked us if we´re going to pay for addons... well here we have it.

To any team member who's working on VBS: Congratulations  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]so rather than doing conspiracy talks, you all should find a job save some money and buy vbs ..asap !   biggrin_o.gif

wink_o.gif

First waiting if I win something in the mission making competition  biggrin_o.gif , but I got the money ready to move to BIA  biggrin_o.gif

*|sings|* And When They Die, Dead, Dead and Gone, There'll be one Mod Born, In A Game To Carry On To Carry On

Ok, it's done. The BAS Tribute Video can be downloaded from the Special Operations Command site. But like I said, mirrors will be needed.

Thanks,

Monty

SOC BAS Tribute mirror (8.2MB), courtesy of The FAQ. smile_o.gif

SOC BAS Tribute Mirror (7.57MB, RARed) courtesy of @War

Edit: size of file noted

how about congradulations to the rich smuck who can afford VBS tounge_o.gif

I had made a campaign especially for the desert Units, Using stock BIS units as placeholders, shame it's gone to waste, but anyway its been fun and whatever BAS decide to do good luck.

how about congradulations to the rich smuck who can afford VBS  tounge_o.gif

i can tounge_o.gif arived this tuesday! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]First waiting if I win something in the mission making competition , but I got the money ready to move to BIA

same here except for the BIA movement skill or something like that wink_o.gif

Just to clear up a few points.

First of all, thanks to all that have expressed their good byes and well wishes.

I am still the leader of BAS. BAS has not folded we are merely taking a break from the OFP1 addon scene and plan to return when OFP2 is released. This does not imply we have OFP2. We neither have OFP2 nor are we employed by BIS.

Regarding incomplete projects, we will discuss internally and see what options (if any) we will exercise as far as releasing incomplete work to the community. I would like to reiterate, THIS IS NOT A PROMISE of release of incomplete work. However, we are listening to the dissapointment being expressed by the community in regards to incompleted project and we will discuss internally to see what we are prepared to do to alleviate some of this dissapointment.

One obvious problem, is shooting ourselves in the foot. What would hate to see is people once again labelling us as "half assed" if we were to release incomplete addons.

Once bitten twice shy as they say.....as much as we would love to release incomplete work you must be able to see how this makes us nervous given past performance of "bad apples" in what we believe to be an otherwise excellent community.

I really feel for those who think we are elitist in some way. BAS has always sought to conduct themselves in a professional way with an emphasis on quality and functional addons. To those who believe we are somehow self important you may want to ask some of the addon makers and enthusiasts we have helped with techniques, textures, models and advice. If after that you still think we are elitist then at least we would have a benchmark from which to discuss that further.

Regardless......BAS has stayed true to its principles. We all put countless hours into our to work because we loved to make addons and what's more, our reward was to see you, the community, use them for your missions and for the excellent screenies we see in the Combat Photo thread. Thankyou all for your support and kind words in your thread.

BAS will always be around lurking in the shadows we are just taking a break for a while to discuss and hatch new ideas and map out some designs for the great capabilities we believe will exist when OFP2 is released.

Thanks again from the whole BAS team, both past and present.

Bohemia Interactive Australia wink_o.gif

BUZZARD @ July 06 2004,06:06)]What is BIA?

Big Idiotic Assholes tounge_o.gif

oh wait nvm batdog answered it.

well i sorta was close. . . ok well not really but hey i tried damnit tounge_o.gif

I hate when people bitch to addon makers mad_o.gif

It is their work they decide to what to do behappy with what you got if you say I want this I want that than go and hire a addon maker pay him money and he will do it for you tounge_o.gif

But speaken about this is pointless there will be allways some people that think that all addon makers for them BAS dont listen to those people you have done a great job wink_o.gif

People that say BAS is self important I asked several times for using some parts of their models or to use their scripts in my addons and BAS people are nice people allways gived permission to use their scripts models thanks BAS wink_o.gif

Sorry to see you going, there's nothing I can say that wouldn't be repeating what's already been said except for good luck and thanks, both for the addons you've released and for all the help you've given me and the rest of UKF smile_o.gif

Enjoy your break, you could even try playing OPF for a change instead of using it as a test environment wink_o.gif

See you in OPF2 smile_o.gif

Regarding incomplete projects, we will discuss internally and see what options (if any) we will exercise as far as releasing incomplete work to the community. I would like to reiterate, THIS IS NOT A PROMISE of release of incomplete work. However, we are listening to the dissapointment being expressed by the community in regards to incompleted project and we will discuss internally to see what we are prepared to do to alleviate some of this dissapointment.

One obvious problem, is shooting ourselves in the foot. What would hate to see is people once again labelling us as "half assed" if we were to release incomplete addons.

Once bitten twice shy as they say.....as much as we would love to release incomplete work you must be able to see how this makes us nervous given past performance of "bad apples" in what we believe to be an otherwise excellent community.

I would prefer that you release the works in progress to established reputable addon makers who you consider capable of doing the finishing work. There's no lack of them.

Max Res, Tigershark.

I would prefer that you release the works in progress to established reputable addon makers who you consider capable of doing the finishing work. There's no lack of them.

Max Res, Tigershark.

Great idea, maybe the Combat team can finish the Desert pack wink_o.gif

Omg..

I see it like this: good riddance.

But why write a suicide note if you aren't going to kill yourself?

Now all the ewoks are crying becaus they think BAS is gone forever after reading your heartbreaking little speach, and then you come here saying "No, no, don't cry, BAS is not dead, they are only.. uh.. resting!"

I mean.. let BAS die.

There were just too many promises, leave it alone.

There is a term for people like you Lifter, its called Uber Noob

Now do urself a favour and go find some other forums to harass.

and then you come here saying "No, no, don't cry, BAS is not dead, they are only.. uh.. resting!"

Look my lad, I know a dead parrot when I see one and I'm looking at one right now.

Just noticed the thread.

Thx for your work BAS-team. You added some spice to OFP.

I´m sure we´ll meet again when OFP 2 hits the stores.

For the spammers, jokers, kiddies who are spamming this thread:

You just don´t deserve a team like BAS making addons for you for free. It´s exactly for your behaviour that a lot of mods have stopped working as you did add nothing than bad air.

Again thx for your work BAS.

I was a bit surprised to read that announcement on ofp.gamezone.cz , but not completly as several addons dev team had already took a break from modeling for OFP (some people came back some months after ;) ) .

No need of dramatic tone, it is normal to be a bit "fed up" from doing the same thing repeatedly and then to take some holidays.

But anyways, thank you for the quality work that has been released so far. Lots of people are enjoying it.

So, see you next time smile_o.gif

Omg..

I see it like this: good riddance.

What's good about BAS leaving the OFP community? rock.gif I think it's a terrible blow.

I don't think that releasing incomplete worck would be a good idea. But like many people allready said, pass it over to competent addon makers or teams "could" be the answer.

I relie in BAS maturity to make the right decission, and whatever it will be I will respect it.

I think that I understand about the Seals, I was thinking what kind of features they could have to make it be Seals and make them be extremally different from the rest of your units, and at the second feature that came to my mind I thought, damm, no way, they must come to the engine limit point where no script has gone before. So it would be pointless to pass the Seals to another mod, at list CoC or Kegetys were going to work in them witch I can't really picture that in my head.

Well, at list now, without BAS, I will have time to concentrate in mission editing instead of playing like a little boy infront of the chrismas tree in Chrismas day. biggrin_o.gif

Have a good brake, do whatever you want, give your missus some TLC, be happy, because you allready made alot of people happy even if its only for just 5 minutes, it worth alot more than stress.

Good luck fellas, and good work.

Regards.

@CERO.

Really sad to hear thanks for all the great addons smile_o.gif

Have a good holiday you deserve it biggrin_o.gif

If everyone knew how much work it takes to make an addon you'll see why the BAS team diserve a rest.

sniper smile_o.gif