Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

Theres a bug with that mission. You have to get the updated campaign file to be able to finish it. You must have downloaded the old FDF mod because there was a fix soon after it was released. Ask in the FDF forum for a link to the new campaign fix, or download the whole thing over again.

Hi Baphomet,

The bullet sound at least is played (bullet_fly.wss), but is very very quiet wink_o.gif

I've bumped up the volume for my own personal use.

Cheers,

CH

I don`t know if this is answered before, but it is possible to switch the AI speech from finnish to english? If this would be possible I would be a new, pleased "costumer". smile_o.gif

I don`t know if this is answered before, but it is possible to switch the AI speech from finnish to english? If this would be possible I would be a new, pleased "costumer". smile_o.gif

Well, I don't know how to do, but the english voices were delivered with original OFP and FDF changed it with their configs.

If you know where the original sounds are stored (folder/file) you should be able to insert them into the FDF Folder.

Maybe this re- modification can be supported by the FDF Team?

By the way: FDF is the best ever made full conversion mod for OFP! Excellent, also of course with finnish voices!

smile_o.gif

By the way: FDF is the best ever made full conversion mod for OFP! Excellent, also of course with finnish voices!

smile_o.gif

Best Mod ever: Agreed.

With finnish voices: Shure, when you understand finnish.

I would understand martian language as much as finnish.

(/§=$/!%!(§=$Z&"&!) I know this is making no sense, but that`s the same as finnish speech to me. blues.gif

Finnish language is the essential part of the fun FDF delivers. It is beaten only by original Finnish swearing in "Finlandski Vokzal" campaign. biggrin_o.gif

I can't see a point in forcing Finnish soldiers speak English again if it took so much effort to force them speak Finnish. smile_o.gif

I'm currently trying to add more international voices to my original voicepack. I currently have French and Russian and various accents (English & Australian) in English. I say, the more languages in OFP the better. It definitely is a global computer game. biggrin_o.gif

Now that this thread is back on track... How can I use the parachutes (square, round, especially square) for AI? I'd like to use the square chute with Aussie DF's HALO unit. I put it to them with the addweapon command, but they refuse to open it and... SPLASH! Aussie pie.

The FDF and RF HALO units have similar problem. They open it too late and get splashed.

Now that this thread is back on track... How can I use the parachutes (square, round, especially square) for AI? I'd like to use the square chute with Aussie DF's HALO unit. I put it to them with the addweapon command, but they refuse to open it and... SPLASH! Aussie pie.

The FDF and RF HALO units have similar problem. They open it too late and get splashed.

MMMMMM Aussie Meat pie tounge_o.gif

Maybe try an action command at a certain hight wink_o.gif Someone else would reply here with more ideas

I don`t want finnish soldiers to speak english. I could live with it, if they speak finnish. The point is, that every AI soldier, no matter if he is finnish ore french ore german, american ..............., and so on. EVERY AI unit is speaking finnish. blues.gif

I don`t want finnish soldiers to speak english. I could live with it, if they speak finnish. The point is, that every AI soldier, no matter if he is finnish ore french ore german, american ..............., and so on. EVERY AI unit is speaking finnish. blues.gif

Only units on resistance side speak finnish.

Hmmm maybe, ok my fault. But the point didn`t changed. I love to fight as an FFL soldier.If they speak french, it would be ok. But they speak finnish, every troop on resistance side speaks finnish.

blues.gifblues.gif

EDIT:

Am I realy the only one that is playing the FDF Mod that is having no knowledge of the finnish language?

No you are not alone playing FDF without any Finnish langage knowledge.

But i like to hear units speaking their own langage when i play with them, it is more immersive and realistic than having every soldier for every country always speak english.

I prefer having subtitles that i can understand over a vocal "langage" standardisation.

is the rip.pbo as the csla mod has done for their mod to use their units with other mods with fdf possible too ?

and if, do you guys think about implementing it?

Where could I find the rip.pbo for CSLA btw? I have CSLA II, and it would be fun to use it with FDF 'cos they have pretty cool units...

Quote[/b] ]If they speak french, it would be ok But they speak finnish, every troop on resistance side speaks finnish.

It's kind of hard to listen to a language complaint when you say something like that considering it's a Finnish TC.

tounge_o.gif

blues.gif The only way out of this "speech trouble" is to play the FDF Mod Isalnds without the rest of the mod. blues.gif

I think its actually quite cool to have them speaking Finnish.

Besides if you don't know the Finnish language (which I don't) you can pretend when the resistance say it, they're speaking some other language like Russian or something. biggrin_o.gif

hi peoples got some rock.gif? FDF Mod is awsome i love it but it lacks in the fild of updats to its config like does anyone know if there going to make it like updated like y2k3 with fx effects and explosions and unit replace ments? or anything like this rock.gif sky packs or anything would be f in awsome biggrin_o.gif  unclesam.gif

I know there are some addon that are made to work specifically with the FDF Mod. For example, Hailuoto Island and Instructor's Finnish House Pack. I am wondering if there is a complete list of all addons made to work with the FDF Mod somewhere. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Monty

yes that would be nice and also if they or some one could make it to where its an update for unit replace ments and for sky pack for an dl like an patch or something like that :;):insted of just old BAS units wink_o.gif

yes that would be nice and also if they or some one could make it to where its an update for unit replace ments and for sky pack for an dl like an patch or something like that :;):insted of just old BAS units wink_o.gif

Sky packs works just fine with FDF..

FDF has some great units and the config is superb so asking for to change what makes FDF mod what it is, is in my oppion somewhat disrespectful. I know that FDF doesn't support people making different versions of their mod and I fully understand them.

Sky packs works just fine with FDF..

FDF has some great units and the config is superb so asking for to change what makes FDF mod what it is, is in my oppion somewhat disrespectful. I know that FDF doesn't support people making different versions of their mod and I fully understand them.

no no no got it all wrong i love there mod just would be cool to have an update like sky pack, replace ment of units for the BAS ones and fx effects on one dl biggrin_o.gif come on now no disrespect at all here guy wink_o.gif ya got it twisted crazy_o.gif all mods and anything that helps to make OFP more fun all for it wink_o.gif and what i ment for config was like sky pack and unit replacements wink_o.gif not to chang any thing els just the update of units for the BAS ones like y2k3 did and effects biggrin_o.gif

You people want to add DXLL, Some sky packs and some fancy-pancy FX into FDF? Yeah right. Please do, so I can't play with FDF anymore.

Why I don't want this? DXLL is cool, but it makes winter missions impossible to play. Sky packs are something I just don't like. FX effects... Well, there IS fire and great sounds in FDF already, and I don't need any more.

Not everyone has a super computer. I have a pretty good, but that doesn't mean I would like to have lag.

Okay, I have to admit though, playin around with the unit replacements was fun. But too fancy-pancy for me.