Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

$33ker, that is an OFP bug, nothing can be done about it, same thing with glasses.

The campaign is messed up in a few places with 1.3, yes.

Haven't seen you around for long, welcome back. wink_o.gif

True, same effect on the glasses... sad_o.gif

I've always been around here. Haven't you noticed? tounge_o.gif

One rather odd "bug" (or feature?!) The BRDM-2 is carrying RK62 mags smile_o.gif It was a nice surprise when I found that out playing as a mechanized Jaeger trying to take back Karttula smile_o.gif

EDIT: By the way, can I still change the ammount of snowflakes that fall down? I remember that you could do this with Kegetys first snowscript, but I haven't seen it mentioned in any FDF documentation.

If you release a patch for the campaign for the love of god mark the 'mission area' on the map! During my nice little E&E I decided to head north and through a field to avoid having to cross a patrolled road to find I'd 'mission area'. Very very annoying seeing as I was almost home free sad_o.gif

What's the name of the handcuffs + key? I want to give it to a non police/MP unit.

Is there a way to see if unit X has been handcuffed?

How do you place trip wires in the editor? I can't find them.

Thanks in advance

What's the name of the handcuffs + key? I want to give it to a non police/MP unit.

Is there a way to see if unit X has been handcuffed?

How do you place trip wires in the editor? I can't find them.

Thanks in advance

The tripwires are under objects -> traps. I had trouble finding them first, too, they should really be under FDF objects.

The handcuffs are "FDF_handcuffs" IIRC, didn't find it in readme but just guessed, the key should be the same weapon I think, it just changes when you have handuffed someone.

How would I get the exploding bodies function from Y2k3  to work on this mod?

Finns don't explode.. I guess you should ask Pappy

You really should watch the movie "Talvisota", after that you know why settle for our Koskenkorva or Jaloviina tounge_o.gif

The tripwires are under objects -> traps. I had trouble finding them first, too, they should really be under FDF objects.

The handcuffs are "FDF_handcuffs" IIRC, didn't find it in readme but just guessed, the key should be the same weapon I think, it just changes when you have handuffed someone.

Great smile_o.gif Still need to know if there's a way to check if a specific unit has been handcuffed... until then or if there isn't a way, I'll just have to use this little version:

Trigger condition: !(unitname hasWeapon "FDF_handcuffs")

Should work if I combine it with a condition that unitname has to be within 10 meters from the guy that's supposed to be handcuffed. smile_o.gif

New bug sad_o.gif

I had na RK95, and shot a rebel commander.

I took his AK47, and shot it on single shot, then I took my RK95 back, and shot it on single shot.. But it had the ak47 sound!

So I fire full auto and it has the RK95 sound, then I take the ak47 and it has the RK95 sound!

But if I fire on full auto first with the new gun, it has the old gun's sound.

Is that because the RK95 uses the ak47's mags? Still different sounds..

New bug sad_o.gif

I had na RK95, and shot a rebel commander.

I took his AK47, and shot it on single shot, then I took my RK95 back, and shot it on single shot.. But it had the ak47 sound!

So I fire full auto and it has the RK95 sound, then I take the ak47 and it has the RK95 sound!

But if I fire on full auto first with the new gun, it has the old gun's sound.

Is that because the RK95 uses the ak47's mags? Still different sounds..

RK-series assault rifles use the same calibre as AK-47 so therefore the devs decided to make the clips compatible on purpose.

Well duh yeah, but the sounds are different, but if you read what I posted, the RK has the same sound as the AK unless you change your firing mode.

(If you do what I said - the bug)

I was flying all around the East Border today checking out the various places.  I had spotted this bright object on the coast line near the inlet to a bay.  But it's the only one I saw, and frankly, I have to ask what purpose does it serve?  It has me stumped rock.gif

uhfinmar.jpg

It´s a marker for smaller ships and boats to use to set their course i think. Irl there use to be two of them, one a (short) distance behind the other. When they are aligned so they create one single marker the ship/boat is on the right course, ie heading directly towards the markers. Often used in narrow ship lanes (dunno if that´s the correct word, what i mean is like a road for ships.. sort of.. eh) were there´s shallow water on the side of the lane so it´s important to keep the right course.

I hope that made some sense. Difficult to explain in english.. tounge_o.gif

They are lane markers for coastal boats, unfortunately Visitor does not allow you to place any objects above sea level.. So only place you can see them are islands of the eastborder.

how do I get advanced parachutes to work with custom units? do I add a line in the config? I tried adding FDF_parachuteround and square but it is still the default BIS one.

unfortunately Visitor does not allow you to place any objects above sea level.. So only place you can see them are islands of the eastborder.

If you get the correct height, you could make an invisible pole under it, that could work ?

I just dloaded the new version and DAMN!

Nice job guys. smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I wouldn't even know where to start commenting on all the great stuff in this mod version.

Hi, where can I find the video camera used in one of the nice cutscenes in the campaign.

I like it very much where is it from???

Some questions about HALO paratroops:

- Why AI paratroops open his parachute late? (crashing against ground...) I read something about this question in this thread, but it was not enough clear to me tounge_o.gif

- Is there any way to use their parachutes with other units?

Thanks

- Why AI paratroops open his parachute late? (crashing against    ground...) I read something about this question in this thread, but it was not enough clear to me tounge_o.gif

i get that sometimes, but when i place them somewhere else they land fine tounge_o.gif

Don't know if it's an engine bug or a FDF bug but I was having a go at the FDF steal the car mission and I shot the guy on the roof of the smaller building.He then very gently floated down to the ground as opposed to falling.

- Why AI paratroops open his parachute late? (crashing against    ground...) I read something about this question in this thread, but it was not enough clear to me tounge_o.gif

i get that sometimes, but when i place them somewhere else they land fine  tounge_o.gif

There are some fixes coming to HALO parachutes with probaby-soon-to-be-released 1.3.1 - exact release date depends on few nasty OFP bugs which we have to find workarounds and mod folks summer holidays.

Don't know if it's an engine bug or a FDF bug but I was having a go at the FDF steal the car mission and I shot the guy on the roof of the smaller building.He then very gently floated down to the ground as opposed to falling.

Engine bug. He got a bit "stuck" in the house, so it braked his fall.

Looking forward to 1.31.

about the FDF_parachutesquare, i've noticed that it doesn't work on some units. I add the parachute to the unit, it's in the inventory, the unit is in the air playing the HALO animation but the action to open the parachute doesn't appear in the menu. It happens with BAS delta/rangers, Marine Assault Pack, maybe some others. My question is:does the unit need a special line in its config?

My question is:does the unit need a special line in its config?

yes

engine bug... when they float slowy they are still stuck in part of the building, even if you can't see, it will be whats happening....

try running off the side of the ramp on the castle tower that comes with the original game... it will take you a long time to get down.