combat uniforms at Fort Stewart, Ga. McPhee is dressed in

the old-style uniform while Norwood is dressed in the new

uniform. The pattern for the new camouflage coat and

trousers is a mix of light green, tan and gray and is designed

to allow soldiers to blend into urban, desert and forest

environments. (AP Photo/Stephen Morton)

Please don't dig up old threads, closing mad_o.gif

Just kidding, due to your past good behaviour I'll let this one live wink_o.gif

still interesting topic. But the uniform is realy nothing to be proud of. It looks... disturbing!  rock.gif They should have taken a few pictures from 100 metres away and check which one blends best with the environment! I am not too sure the new one has a great advantage due to its multiple-terrain capabilities.

still interesting topic. But the uniform is realy nothing to be proud of. It looks... disturbing!  rock.gif They should have taken a few pictures from 100 metres away and check which one blends best with the environment! I am not too sure the new one has a great advantage due to its multiple-terrain capabilities.

I guess they want to be able to attack North Korea, Iran and Cuba without changing the uniform.. The attacks starts in the morning in NK and before it's evening in Cuba it's over and the soldiers even have time to get back home for supper.

The attacks starts in the morning in NK and before it's evening in Cuba it's over and the soldiers even have time to get back home for supper.

Or spill their MREs on them and no one will ever know the better. smile_o.gif

Though I would. wink_o.gif

I guess they want to be able to attack North Korea, Iran and Cuba without changing the uniform.. The attacks starts in the morning in NK and before it's evening in Cuba it's over and the soldiers even have time to get back home for supper.

biggrin_o.gif good one?

Why dont they just use sticky Velcro cammo pieces. So you could creatively choose which colors you'd like to wear that day and how much of it! wink_o.gif

Why dont they just use sticky Velcro cammo pieces. So you could creatively choose which colors you'd like to wear that day and how much of it!   wink_o.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

Guess noone read what I posted on the other (now closed topic)?;

Quote[/b] ]I fyou would have checked the news on OFP.info you would know that it's already being made;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7845

In fact this new US army uniforms is what addonmakers DON'T need. It's extremely difficult to get it right. The fabric of the uniform changes color under different light conditions and in different enviroments. It looks green/brown in the forest, grey in the city and yellow in the desert. And don't think I'm joking, it really works!!!

That's why the camo looks like shit in that picture (compared to the old woodland), but if you'll see it in use in the forest you'll be amazed.

For addonmakers this is a  complete disaster; you can't have the model change color, so you'll have to do three versions (desert, woodland, urban) and even than it won't be as accurate as we want it to be  

But the retexture of hyk's troops looks really good.

edit; the new uniform or ACU is very old news, btw. But that it's now actually supplied to troops is new (although it was tested in Iraq).

The uniform was tested and it works. Just because it looks like chicken-shit on the pictures doesn't mean it look like that in a real combat-enviroment. The pictures were almost all taken in an urban-area. This gives you some idea on how it looks in a city. The camo works! It's very much like multi-cam, although that one is even a little bit better,

@ran: Multicam is my favourite smile_o.gif However, it may look really "oldschool" but it is a product of state-of-the-art imagery computation. Too bad Crye did not tell more than this smile_o.gif

Regarding the ACU pattern, I kinda miss the photos from field which could prove whether the pattern's working or not. all we can see are soldier clad in gray-blue-brown-whatever-coloured digital camo on the white background. sad_o.gif

It would be nice to see it compared to MARPAT, woodland, 3-colour desert and e.g. Multicam in various environments.

@ran: Multicam is my favourite smile_o.gif However, it may look really "oldschool" but it is a product of state-of-the-art imagery computation. Too bad Crye did not tell more than this smile_o.gif

Yeah, but at least it's not like this pixelized shit ...

God I miss my good old lizard camo ...

Those uniforms are quite ugly, i am glad i am no longer in the Army and would be forced to wear one. I guess the US government is too cheap to keep making seperate uniforms for each type of terrain.

I guess this one will help if we ever have a war against grey and blue claymation soldiers.

"War against Play-Doh"

tounge_o.gif

Those uniforms are quite ugly, i am glad i am no longer in the Army and would be forced to wear one. I guess the US government is too cheap to keep making seperate uniforms for each type of terrain.

If it really works, as Frostbite says it does, it would make the government anyhting BUT cheap.  If they made a camo that can work in all environments EFFECTIVELY, that must have cost quite a bit of money... unclesam.gif

What are you guys talking about? All I see is ocean.

The problem is, you're trying to run Lo-Mac with a Geforce MX:

scr-f18.jpg

wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

If it really works, as Frostbite says it does, it would make the government anyhting BUT cheap.  If they made a camo that can work in all environments EFFECTIVELY, that must have cost quite a bit of money... unclesam.gif

Like I said; it has been battle-tested in Iraq.

The pattern was (of course) also tested in the US. Trust me; they wouldn't select a new pattern if it's not better than the current woodland/desert cammies.

Note that it's not just the pattern. The entire uniform has changed. A new collar, different pocket-layout and some other small things. All improvement were based on the input of soldiers.

A lot of things have changed recently and much more will change in the near future. The old helmet (PASGT) will also be replaced and already has been replaced in many units. The interceptor body-armour is also quite new.

Weapons are also being replaced. The XM-8 will replace the M4/M16 (even though many people don't like this). The M2 and MK19 will be replaced by the XM312/XM307 OCSW (different barrel and ammo, for the rest it's the same).

One new weapon is already in use and was part of the XM-8 program; the XM26 lightweight shotgun system. It's already in use in afghanistan mounted under an M4. It's small and semi-auto (no pump-action) and works well.

The US military is really changing and it was about time too. Things are really getting better although there sure is a lot of works that still needs to be done.

Note that the USMC have changed to MARPAT and will recieve the AAAV (which is still undergoing testing, but has improved a lot). The Airforce is getting the F-22 and JSF (and a new uniform too)

Note that it's not just the pattern. The entire uniform has changed. A new collar, different pocket-layout and some other small things. All improvement were based on the input of soldiers.

Soldiers being the moaning little bitches they are will soon whine about the zippers and the velco fucking up in combat situation ...