Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Indeed, what a final miss. Anyway 2-2, and a good match smile_o.gif

Also the audience was far better than any so far (less booing etc).

Anyway, though luck for Croatia with the French hand play at the 2-2 goal, but shit happens. Now they have to beat England to continue.

And that will indeed be an interesting game. They stand a better chance against England than what was thought against France (Italian style technical play in combination of quick changes of pace).

France will beat the Swiss no doubt.

No Chance smile_o.gif

I recall the French saying something to that effect as well wink_o.gif

It's football, you never know.

For the Handplay. Well. The ball was shot at him form a very close distance. I don't think it was intentional. And I don't think he could have done it intentionally even if he wanted. Look at the close distance and the speed of the ball. And there is a rule that such things don't count as handplay.

You guys really think the ref should have pulled Trezeguet for handball???

It was clearly ball to hand, there was nothing he could do about it. To compare it to Maradona's is pure poop imo.

The Croats played a good game and as an England fan i am a little more worried than i was at the start of the match to be honest.

They showed pace, strength and technical ability.  To come back from a full on defensive game that they were playing in the first 30 mins to coming a couple of inches from winning takes a lot....fair play to them.

This will have given them a great boost in confidence and i wouldn't be suprised to see them come at us full on from the start.

Ah yes a fine game indeed 2-2. I thought my country would have a tough time against France, but hey we stood our grounds smile_o.gif . Well for that hand ball, well he couldn't actually do anything about that, so it's a fair descision in my opinion.

Bravo you better pray that England plays well (I know i will be praying for Croatia...)

p.s. I would vote for Croatia to win in this poll, but what do you know...It's not in there mad_o.gif

p.s. I would vote for Croatia to win in this poll, but what do you know...It's not in there mad_o.gif

sorry, the software provides only 10 possibilities for you vote.

haha, i was just about posting that croatia is one of the biggest disappointments of this euro... but then the 2nd half begun! biggrin_o.gif

it was kinda compensation for this boring 1st half smile_o.gif

You guys really think the ref should have pulled Trezeguet for handball???

It was clearly ball to hand, there was nothing he could do about it.

Meh... possibly. To me it looked like he jumped and reached out.. but I could be wrong. Saw the replay only once.

My predictions for Friday (based on exhaustive scientific research):

Denmark 2 : 0 Bulgaria

Italy 1 : Sweden 0

Sweden to draw with Italy and a narrow win for Bulgaria over the Danes.

These are the odds at the moment smile_o.gif

Bettson (Swedish)

Italy - Sweden 2,7 / 3,2 / 3,9

betandwin (Swedish)

Italy - Sweden 2.00 / 3,25 / 3.40

Premierbet

Italy - Sweden 2.10 / 3,10 / 3.75

I think that you are objectivly being too pessimistic about Sweden's performance against Italy.

Italy wasn't able to beat Denmark. They played pretty bad and now they don't even have Totti. Sweden on the other hand beat Bulgaria with 5-0.

Sure, Italy is better than Bulgaria, but still..

The funny thing is that Italy may be better now without Totti. As the other players have to step forward, and actually play like a team.

It seems like Sweden will have a rather offensive lineup. This time with "Chippen" playing from start. And that's good.

Forget all your analytical approaches, you can only be wrong anyway. Look at this poll from 2002 and learn about our precision as far as football-predictions are concerned!  biggrin_o.gif

I says bulgaria is gonna win the title.  biggrin_o.gif

Link to poll

Denmark hasn't scored a goal in the Euro tournament since 1996. Lets see if they can change that now.  :o)

Sweden - Italy will obviously be very exciting. I hope for many goals as i have six players from that game in my "dream team"

smile_o.gif