Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

feck! i turned over at half time, looks like a missed the best bit hehe

England played a lame game. They had huge gaps in their defense in first half but unfortunally the Swiss offense missed the chance. They would have deserved to get at least one goal against a lame team.

With one player less the swiss team had to open up it´s defensive and Rooney luckily scored by hitting the pole and the swiss goalkeeper got the ball on the back of his head and it went straight back into it.

If the english team continues to play like that they won´t be long at the EM.

Rooneys goal was a good goal, although he did hit the post and it unfortunatly hit the goal keeper's head but that's how football is, he did well to position himself in the 1st place for a shot on goal, I see you never mentioned his other goal which IMHO was pure sex on a stick in the way it was set up. On the Defensive gaps they adapted to how the swiss play which is defensive they never to my knowledge had a shot on goal which is what the defense is there to do and so job well done, the way england played was not lame, clinical yes, lacking flare yes, but after a moral depleting defeat against France they played how they had to in order to secure any hope of qualifiying which was slightly boring tbh but it was an enjoyable game non the less. id rather england secure there place in the knock outs thru boring football (rooneys runs are anything but) than getting knocked out in the groups because they where over confident.

LMAO 2-2. What a mistake biggrin_o.gif

Hahaha.. Hand play by the frenchie.. referee didn't see.

bloody crap, it was a so called Ãœber hand. I suppose it's hard for the referee to see, but i hate when it happens.

bloody crap, it was a so called Ãœber hand. I suppose it's hard for the referee to see, but i hate when it happens.

Yeah, Trezeguet pulled a Maradona. Sucks, but blind referees are a part of the charm of the game. Another wildcard to make the game more exciting.

Bad day for Tudor I'd say. One autogoal (technically although not really his fault), one dodgy backpass and one yellow card for complaining about the hand play...

Bah now I know someone with three colored flag,whom americans and british and canadians had to save from germans had paid referee. I'm not pointing at anyone wink_o.gifmad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

and again i smoke more than i should do!!!! crazy_o.gif

STOP PLAYING WITH MY NERVES, FRENCH TEAM!!!!

Yeah, Trezeguet pulled a Maradona. Sucks, but blind referees are a part of the charm of the game. Another wildcard to make the game more exciting.

Bad day for Tudor I'd say. One autogoal (technically although not really his fault), one dodgy backpass and one yellow card for complaining about the hand play...

autogoal rock.gif

yeah, on the free-kick. Tudor touched it and sent in the net.

autogoal = putting ball into your own net tounge_o.gif

Ah, you mean an own goal smile_o.gif

Thats why i dont want video referee's.

Yep, english is not my native (I'm from bosnia). biggrin_o.gif

I know, im just being a drunk fool biggrin_o.gif

I know, im just being a drunk fool biggrin_o.gif

If you say so  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

BTW I hope Croatia beats England so next round would be more interesting.

If this was a nike advert im sure the french would play alot better.

LOL Yeah well adidas ones count too :P

WOW EXCELENT SAVE BY BUTINA!

GOD DAMN HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad_o.gif I mean goal from 2m.

Aww, yeah that was so close. Well it was a good second half. England - Croatia will be exciting!

smile_o.gif

I now sincerly hope the Croats will smash the roastbeeves ;)