Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Homers-engagement-pack released

Major Fubar, where did you get that ghillie sniper? I don't have that one yet, and would like to evaluate it.

In actual practice the weapon is often camoflaged, heavily. This is NOT a weapon which a sniper would stalk with, but rather would only be hauled a short distance from a vehicle or hide site. More likely, it would be used from under cover within a hide site, or a structure. Friendly-controlled aircraft control towers, high-rise buildings, stadiums, water towers, and the like are typical perches. In the field, it would be carried and set up a short distance from a transporting vehicle, such as a Bradley, or HTTV. In some cases, the shooter could fire the weapon from atop an APC or tank.

Awesome work King Homer! Love the empty shell casings and the dust script smile_o.gif

One question... I've seen a few variants of the M82 optics (crosshairs) and wonder wich one is mostly used in real life? Any comments welcome...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Awesome work King Homer! Love the empty shell casings and the dust script  smile_o.gif

One question... I've seen a few variants of the M82 optics (crosshairs) and wonder wich one is mostly used in real life? Any comments welcome...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

well, I didnt found any pics of the M82 scope on the internet, so I used the one from Americas Army, cause I think thats the most realistic one

to the others:

I'll fix the M1911A1 within next weekend and some other minor bugs

edit: there are no jpeg textures on the SR25 scope

briliant stuff King Homer!

The scoped SR-25 sounds and feel is by far the most "real" ive experienced in OFP, txs.

Awesome work King Homer! Love the empty shell casings and the dust script  smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

the M82 can be fitted with several types of scopes. the one king homer used is one of the 2 most popular

this being the other most popular

i replaced it with the second one ^ for my version.

so in KH's defense. . . he is right. but i personaly like the second one.

Great weapons.

I've found that they're incompatible with the eECP. When playing with them through eECP the weapon name displays as the M24SWS and has the same sounds and (presumably) characteristics. The M-82 lacks the effects, too.

You should have posted this in my thread. tounge_o.gif

I took a look at the HEP config. All of the weapons that it adds are children of the M21 class. This shouldn't cause a problem, but it does. I'll have to examine things more closely to find out why, but anybody looking to get these weapons working with EECP right away only needs to open up Homer's config and change any instances of "M21" to "SniperRiffle." That'll get everything working for the time being.

It would be nice if someone took a look at the end of the barrel of the M82A1 wink_o.gif

I personally never knew there was a closed barrel on the M82a1 tounge_o.gif or do I have a graphicsproblem? rock.gif

Nice pack.. gj smile_o.gif

beautiful stuff here, but the sr25 is modeled to the default bis m16....or appears to be. look at it its huge. lovely work tho biggrin_o.gif

Well, basically a SR25 is an M-16 on 'roids. Has to be to shoot 7.62 NATO. It's got a full length bull-barrel, and beefier construction throughout the upper reciever.

So naturally, it should look bigger.

Evening,

the fixed and updated pack will come this weekend

I've corrected most bugs you posted here, so it'll be hopeful the last version.

I'll also add a new weapon:

MP5KA4 with foregrip

mp5k-wt.jpg

this is a model I made a while ago for my MP5 pack....which will never be released :P

Regards

KingHomer

this is a model I made a while ago for my MP5 pack....which will never be released :P

Why not sad_o.gif

I love MP5's.

Anyway, we need a decent pack with better textures and sights to replace the old HK pack (No offence meant LoBo team)

That H&K pack should include:

UMP

MP7

XM8 (even though it's made already)

MP5K

G36C

and maybe

H&K M4

@ King Homer.

I noticed that the on screen aiming sistem won't work with the rifles.

They only show when you change mag or when you are crawling, crawling but moving, if I lie without moving the aiming thingey its not there, so aiming at a target its a bit dificult, specialy when your swithc to scope and you find that your 10x magnification its not even near the target.

Another thing I think could do with, put more power on the Barret's amunition. It supose to be a antymaterial rifle, one or two shots on the front of a car or truk should be enough to neutrilice the vehicle.

Apart for that the pack its one of the bests I ever seen or tryed.

BTW, this is purely sugestions and bug reporting, not complains or bitchingness.

Good job King Homer, and I'm looking forward to get my hands on the MP5.

Regards.

@CERO.

That H&K pack should include:

UMP

MP7

XM8 (even though it's made already)

MP5K

G36C

and maybe

H&K M4

no, ill not make a H&K pack!

I've made a MP5 Pack a while ago, but after a HDD crash 90% of'em were lost, only MP5SD1 and MP5K and MP5SD4 were left

maybe I'll make it again in one or two month

some old pics:

MP5-N

MP5-N-ES.jpg

MP5-A2

MP5A2.jpg

MP5-SD6

MP5SD6_2.jpg

MP5-10 (101KB)

http://users.domaindlx.com/KingHomer/Pics/MP5_10.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I noticed that the on screen aiming sistem won't work with the rifles.

They only show when you change mag or when you are crawling, crawling but moving, if I lie without moving the aiming thingey its not there, so aiming at a target its a bit dificult, specialy when your swithc to scope and you find that your 10x magnification its not even near the target.

Another thing I think could do with, put more power on the Barret's amunition. It supose to be a antymaterial rifle, one or two shots on the front of a car or truk should be enough to neutrilice the vehicle.

umm, the damage is already at limit, if i make it higher the rounds will be explosive!

crosshairs will be fixed in the updated pack

they blow my mind wow_o.gif

U'd better release them

Ahh, well, live the amunition as it is then, biggrin_o.gif I can't stand them in other addons when you hit somebody and you get an explosion.

Thanks for the fast replie anyway.

Nice pack.

@CERO.

Edit. added smilie... biggrin_o.gif

Another thing.

Whats the chances of having this pack released without needing the BAS rangers.

I have the BAS addons in a different folder to the S&E marines, and I would love to be able to use them for the marines. Specially the Barret.

Can you release them with just BIS units please, I meen please, preaty pleaseeeeeeeeeeee biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

I'm just a little curious about the ammo used with this addon. You mentioned that the rounds as of now are as high as they can go without causing explosions.

What is the possibility of adding a magazine with those type of shells? Better when used again light-armored vehicles and parked aircraft. And if you are wondering, YES they do have real explosive rounds for the Barrett rifle. They are not as common, and don't have as large an explosion that most in-game stuff...but they are currently used.

If you are doubting this, you can look at the link I gave on page 2, or click on Barrett .50 caliber Ammunition Demonstration.

I understand some will be against this idea, and some for it. Just wondering what the addon maker thinks as well?

Another thing.

Whats the chances of having this pack released without needing the BAS rangers.

I have the BAS addons in a different folder to the S&E marines, and I would love to be able to use them for the marines. Specially the Barret.

Can you release them with just BIS units please, I meen please, preaty pleaseeeeeeeeeeee biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

If you had read the readme, you would know you dont need the HEP_Soldiers.pbo, its additional to use it, the HEP.pbo works without the HEP_Soldiers.pbo. HEP.pbo will add an ammocrate under Empty/HEP - Objects

Quote[/b] ]they blow my mind biggrin_o.gif  

U'd better release them

hmm gordy cant you read?

I said, I've lost 90% of the models, including the MP5s you see on the pics! so how should I release'em if I don't have'em?

According to higher penetration I altered the config.cpp for my peronal use:

hit=40;

indirectHit=30;

indirectHitRange=2;

I took these settings from the russian WW2 AT-rifle. There is no explosion but you can "force" a BMP Crew to disembark with a couple of shots. You need more than one magazine to fully destroy the BMP. Cars, UAZ etc are stopped immediately with one shot not to mention soft targets - they learn flying.

I think these settings come very close to the real behaviour of the .50 Barret!

I'd love to see settings like this in your next release ... the Barret is not "just another sniper rifle".

ok heres a pic of the MP5KA4 with textures:

mp5k-t.jpg

ok, in the update I'll also add also .50cal M8 AP (Combined armor-piercing and Incendiary effect) ammonition or

M903 SLAP (Saboted Light Armor Penetrator) ammonition for the M82

so M2 Ball rounds for anti personel

and M8/M903 against light armored vehicles

U could always do them again.

That's the thing with computers, shit happens.

That doesn't mean that U should not do them again. I am sure U would even made better models then last time.

Computer or HD crash also happened to me and I never gave up doing sth even though I lost all data.

It's up to U but it would be such a waste of talent. smile_o.gif