Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Homers-engagement-pack released

I guess you could think about it like this, When shooting a 12-gauge from prone, you'll still get muzzle-rise to some extent. A follow-up shot would take at least a second to get back down on target. Then, consider the weapon is usually used at ranges exceeding 500m, and could be as far out as 2000m or more, the muzzle rise doesn't seem excessively high.

I therefore withdraw my earlier gripe.

Another thing to consider about the scope rise, which I'm just fine with after the advice of using Alt key, is that you are looking through a 10-power optic. While looking through that scope, even the smallest twitch will seem like a seizure, and that's how it should be.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking about. Besides, considering the effectiveness of the round impacting down range, and possibly the need to haul ass after the shot due to dust, and noise, a follow-up shot may not even be realistic.

If the target isn't dead after that first round, it's time to call in the airstrike, and artillery.

Great job on the pack Homer! I especially love the 1911 model and proper reload. (lots of 1911's and other pistols in games don't get this right).

May I offer up some 44khz sounds of one of my friends and I recording while shooting our 1911's (Colt Series 80 and Kimber Cutom II)? I paid special attention to microphone placement while shooting and for reload sounds. There are many examples of each incorporated into the 5 sound files, which are raw unedited WAV's. Please feel free to use and spruce up any of my sounds for this addon.

I hope that they can help out.

1911 Sounds 44khz

Great job on the pack Homer! I especially love the 1911 model and proper reload. (lots of 1911's and other pistols in games don't get this right).

May I offer up some 44khz sounds of one of my friends and I recording while shooting our 1911's (Colt Series 80 and Kimber Cutom II)? I paid special attention to microphone placement while shooting and for reload sounds. There are many examples of each incorporated into the 5 sound files, which are raw unedited WAV's. Please feel free to use and spruce up any of my sounds for this addon.

I hope that they can help out.

1911 Sounds 44khz

thx m8

this sounds good *g*

These weapons are awesome biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I've never really bothered to download any new weapons until now - these are soooooo high in detail biggrin_o.gif

Anyway just one thing.....in the next release (if there will be one) could you put a crosshair on the Barret Light (aka M82A1) ?

Cheers and thanks for the great weapons.

Aook smile_o.gif

Today I've released my updated weapons pack v.1.1

It containes bug fixes and also a new hand gun

Changelist:

v. 1.1

- fixed minor glichtes on SR25

- fixed M1911A1 ballistic (now you can hit something)

- fixed minor glichtes on M82

- fixed recoil of M82

- fixed detection range of M82 (now more than 300m)

- fixed some other small bugs I cant remember

- added crosshairs to SR25/M82

- added AP ammunition for M82 (M903 SLAP, saboted light armor penetrator, to be found in the Ammobox)

- added MP5KA4 submachinegun (to be found in the Ammobox)

- added 9mm cartridges for MP5

This should be everything so I think I can call this version "final"

some pics of the new MP5KA4

BI_Homer_MP5K4_0_760.jpg

1600x1200

BI_Homer_MP5K4_01_800.jpg

1600x1200

pics by Parvus

For more information read the readme in the zip file!

Download - 6.3 MB .zipfile

Homer's Engagement Pack v1.1

HEP v.1.1 @ mirror OFPBase.com

HEP v.1.1 @ mirror Flashpoint.ru

Download fixed

Is it just me or has KingHomer uploaded the same pack as its still around the 5 1/2 mb size? Also I downloaded it and the readme was the same and no nice new mp5 sad_o.gif

Anyway cant wait for them biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Aook smile_o.gif

Today I've released my updated weapons pack v.1.1

It containes bug fixes and also a new hand gun

woot

*updating links on 1st page*

Oh my word...these are amazing as before wink_o.gif

I'm now taking out tanks (t80s & t72s) with the Barret Light .50 Cal Rifle, yet to try the rifle on the M1 Abrams wow_o.gif

The MP5 is really cool aswell. No recoil, and a great powerful sidearm to go with a sniper rifle.

Excellent work mate.

Aook biggrin_o.gif

could U check the front mag slot for textures. It seems like U forgot about it.

The pack's great apart from this texture problem

MP5KA4 - textures!

sorry forgot to write which one biggrin_o.gif

MP5KA4 - textures!

i didn´t notice anything .. pics ??

It's a small thing, but such a difference when it's all there.

Great!! Downloading now.

I couldn't wait any longer crazy_o.gif LOL, I do have a RL biggrin_o.gif

There is a Deltas pack that will need to be updated aswell, I'm going to post in the Deltas topic, cya.

@CERO.

for adding the dust script to another soldier for the AP ammo paste this line in the soldiers init

this addEventHandler ["fired",{if (_this select 4 == "HEP_M82APMag") then {_this call loadFile "\HEP\FX\m82fx.sqf"}}]

sorry, forgot to mention that in the readme

those are some nice weaponmodels !!!

But 6.2 MB for them is a little bit much

so why don't you binarize them for better Performance and smaller file size ? wink_o.gif

those are some nice weaponmodels !!!

But 6.2 MB for them is a little bit much

so why don't you binarize them for better Performance and smaller file size ? wink_o.gif

6mb is not a big deal! If you don't like it don't download it. Simple as that. I think we need mirrors though, I am downloading this pack at a massive 33kb/sec. sad_o.gif

6mb is not a big deal! If you don't like it don't download it. Simple as that. I think we need mirrors though, I am downloading this pack at a massive 33kb/sec. sad_o.gif

1. Not a big deal ? ive only got a crapy old modem

2. Who says i dont like it ?

Just tried it out :

1. decompress 2. Binarize 3. compress 4. pack with winrar

and voila Filesize is half the original

could save us 56k users some time wink_o.gif

for adding the dust script to another soldier for the AP ammo paste this line in the soldiers init

this addEventHandler ["fired",{if (_this select 4 == "HEP_M82APMag") then {_this call loadFile "\HEP\FX\m82fx.sqf"}}]

sorry, forgot to mention that in the readme

Thanks King Homer, I was about to ask.

BTW, I have no complains about this pack, excelent work.

Out of curiosity, can you open the G3 model from BIS and convert it into a G3SAS? That would give the player alot more firepower in a small weapon. Just wondering, it is not a reaquest, just a hint biggrin_o.gif hint hint

Regards.

@CERO.