Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

3wx industrial pack 3.0 released

i'am so much going to download it biggrin_o.gif

finally a nice update to a already good addon that is now better smile_o.gif

continue working on these addons. it makes OFP alot more realistic looking

(...)really got me confused, i´ve searched the hole editor for the updated industial pack and they hide in the 3wx folder (a must for non readme readers like me  crazy_o.gif ).

Hehe, you've just had your lesson - now it's time to write down "I'll read the readme next time". tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

@all, glad you like it. smile_o.gif

(...)really got me confused, i´ve searched the hole editor for the updated industial pack and they hide in the 3wx folder (a must for non readme readers like me  crazy_o.gif ).

Hehe, you've just had your lesson - now it's time to write down "I'll read the readme next time".  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

@all, glad you like it.  smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif Yep, great addon. I got a question however, are you going the upgrade to Ags_port addon too?  smile_o.gif

I got a question however, are you going the upgrade to Ags_port addon too?

You forgot to also mention AGS' building addons. wink_o.gif

Yes... don't you dare to ask the "when" part of the question! tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Honestly, don't expect anything in upcoming 4 months. Sadly, I'll be away from OFP... that long. sad_o.gif

Another amazing pack here ag smith and great attention given to relevant sizes of the buildings especially with the silos etc.

A thumbsup from me.

PH

Funny thing is that figuring out the proper sizes for these things is not as easy as it seems.

When you're making a tank or a plane, you know all the dimensions from the very beginning. With buildings, you have to come up with something all by yourself. I have had to remodel these things numerous times, because it turned out that ingame they look out of scale.

smile_o.gif

sorry for digging out a old tread.

first of all:

great addons!

but: i cant use them in wrptool. it says, that it is not binarized! rock.gif

can someone help me out there? rock.gif

greetz

LOL, 6 days, it's not that old...

... and read the readme next time... :

Quote[/b] ]V. Known bugs

(...)

- Some objects are not properly recognized by WRPTool as valid ODOL p3d files. This bug is related to WRPTool and it will be fixed in future updates of WRPTool.

wink_o.gif

i duno if its been mentioned

the warehouse

theres ALOT of invisable blockage that makes any vehical pulled in it to slow down to a crawl hitting this invisable barrier, drive a car inside u will see what i mean

you can run thru the doors even when thier closed

and you can run thru the windows....

and lastly it has the visual bug where alot of objects are hidden and only terrien features show thru when looking inside out. looking outside in works fine

the warehouse

theres ALOT of invisable blockage that makes any vehical pulled in it to slow down to a crawl hitting this invisable barrier, drive a car inside u will see what i mean

you can run thru the doors even when thier closed

and you can run thru the windows....

and lastly it has the visual bug where alot of objects are hidden and only terrien features show thru when looking inside out.  looking outside in works fine

Which warehouse? Post a pic?

the warehouse

lol, I incorporated that in my mission

hangar.jpg

I still can't recoginze which building you're talking about.

Also, FYI, every single warehouse and hangar in the pack has AI paths. If sometimes they don't work as expected, I'm sorry. I did my best to make them as functional as possible within engine limits.

Look Here

see that blank space in the middle of the other warehouse and the BIs factory? theres a huge ass oil tank there. . but magicly it goes away when your inside...

this is takin on mungri island. at the south east point (starting point in thier 'effects' mission)

walk thru the doors, try and drive a car in there, hit hundreds of thousands of little "walls" that stop any vehical

The first one is a ViewGeometry problem. I'll have a look. Walking through doors is maybe a component problem....shouldn't be too hard to track down.

As for thousands of walls....well I guess I'm gonna have to download the pack and have a look myself! I know that sounds a bit weird, but I have sooooo many version of that warehouse lying around my hard drive (3DS file, MLOD original, MLOD final, MLOD in Binarize folder, ODOL in BinarizeOPT folder, ODOL in folder for pbo-ing, in the PBO in Addons folder, in a folder waiting to be burnt off, in a folder for uploading) that I have no idea which one is in the pack!  biggrin_o.gif

It's not that I'm dis-organised.....it's just rather complicated to keep track of everything  wink_o.gif

I have just tested with the warehouses and yes, i could walk thru doors by insisting just a little bit. Dont know what causes that, maybe by thickening the doors in the geo would it fix it, havent tested yet...

for the vehicles, i tested 2 different jeep and a VAB (french light armored vehicle) in the warehouses, and they just worked fine... that is, except after i broke my jeep because the step is a bit high at the entrance door...

maybe this last thing should be fixed to have a more progressive access or ramps that goes to the ground with no step.

when it comes to the glasses/windows/windshields, there's a lot of things i'd like clarified actually. I know how some faces/textures show behind alpha textures depending on the order you put them in, i've heard of the alpha levels, but overall why for instance cant the roof windows on a warehouse show what's outside when some other buildings windows work prefectly is beyond me... if someone can give me more details on less documented limitations and parameters of said windows i'd be more than happy.

@ June 08 2004,11:18)]I have just tested with the warehouses and yes, i could walk thru   doors by insisting just a little bit.

Must be that special way the French talk. tounge_o.gif

Just so y'all know, Agent Smith is catching up on some R&R so I'll be largely taking over the 3WX stuff and his portfolio for a while. Any queries>>> ofpeditor@yahoo.com

smile_o.gif

@ June 08 2004,04:18)]for the vehicles, i tested 2 different jeep and a VAB (french light armored vehicle) in the warehouses, and they just worked fine... that is, except after i broke my jeep because the step is a bit high at the entrance door...

maybe this last thing should be fixed to have a more progressive access or ramps that goes to the ground with no step.

mabe try the mungri island and try drivin a vehical in it. . .it might jsut be the wrp version that causes the problems?

i specifiy them cuz thier the only island that uses that warehouse thus far

@ June 08 2004,04:18)]for the vehicles, i tested 2 different jeep and a VAB (french light armored vehicle) in the warehouses, and they just worked fine... that is, except after i broke my jeep because the step is a bit high at the entrance door...

mabe try the mungri island and try drivin a vehical in it. . .it might jsut be the wrp version that causes the problems?

i specifiy them cuz thier the only island that uses that warehouse thus far

Just place a satchel charge at the building and your problem will be gone wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

There's a bug ... in the readme!  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ];Oil Refinery 2

(object _idnum) exec "\ags_inds\ref2.sqs"

Also, some object have init event handler scripts that add warning lights at night (not mentioned in readme).

The respective commands are:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; init for refinery1 - warning lights

(object _idnum) exec "\ags_inds\ref1_lights.sqs"

; init for refinery1 - warning lights

(object _idnum) exec "\ags_inds\ref3_lights.sqs"

; flame effects & lights for refinery4

(object _idnum) exec "\ags_inds\ref4.sqs"

; init for refinery5 - warning lights

(object _idnum) exec "\ags_inds\ref5_lights.sqs"

; grain silo warning lights

(object _idnum) exec "\ags_inds\gsilo_lights.sqs"

Also, the enhance.sqs script (see readme for details, if you're island maker) does not launch any effects for refinery4 and refinery5 objects.

My bad, sorry.  sad_o.gif

it aint your bad mate, just a little thing we can all cope with. Good work Agent Smith your stuff is awesome.