Sign in to follow this  
m21man

Pukf dpm pack 1.0

Being a fellow brit, I have been waiting for this release for a long time and can say that it was certainly worth the wait as it is an amazing addon worthy of respect in the sheer attention to detail.

I shall invite a few (!!) of my ex-para friends round for a detailed cross analysis LOL.

PH

Being a fellow brit, I have been waiting for this release for a long time and can say that it was certainly worth the wait as it is an amazing addon worthy of respect in the sheer attention to detail.

I shall invite a few (!!) of my ex-para friends round for a detailed cross analysis LOL.

PH

Thanks mate.

This is why the team makes this stuff.

I'm not a fellow brit (although a career in the BA is still a distinct possibility), I am on the other hand in an army with near identical training and a clear recognition of the BA as probably the best army in the world.

So if I didn't say it earlier its about time the Brits got a proper representation in OFP.

Well done etc

Well said there Imshi.

The british army is the finest in the world (I should know as they had me for a few years LOL).

The only real problem is the people controling the army (not just the british), but this is not the place for political talk.

PH

I'm not a fellow brit (although a career in the BA is still a distinct possibility), I am on the other hand in an army with near identical training and a clear recognition of the BA as probably the best army in the world.

So if I didn't say it earlier its about time the Brits got a proper representation in OFP.

Well done etc

south africa i presume

Well said there Imshi.

The british army is the finest in the world (I should know as they had me for a few years LOL).

The only real problem is the people controling the army (not just the british), but this is not the place for political talk.

PH

The british military (not just the army) is among the best in the world. I would say the dutch Marine Corps is the best, but that's probably because I'll join them in a few years.

The british military is VERY good and is good in almost everything. It's no secret that the british are better than the US in terms of training. The US can only win because of their techno-stuff and huge numbers. If you would put a platoon of britsh marines (or dutch, which is pretty much the same thing except for the weapons used) against a platoon of US marines, the US marines will have their asses kicked. And this was confirmed by a former US marine who actualy trained with/against the dutch and british marines. Although I must admit that the British and Dutch marine corps are considered elite forces while the USMC is just a seaborn army (except for the recon guys).

Good addon btw.

Although some of the textures are not that good. The texture of the medics backpack is poor quality at close view. It's also too light IMO (I have a DPM backpack, so I know). In some of the textures the contrast seems a bit too much. (in the darker area's). And I also think the helmet's profile is a little off when looking at it's front side. It should be a little wider. But overall it's a really good addon with very high quality models.

A little note; the textures on packs (like ammopouches ect) are just about perfect. Awesome work.

Cpt. FrostBite I will agree with you wholeheartedly on your comment, in a way you bolstered my ego by comparing the British and Dutch armies because believe it or not, I am also part Dutch on my mothers side of the family.

I got the best of both worlds LOL.

PH

The british military is VERY good and is good in almost everything. It's no secret that the british are better than the US in terms of training. The US can only win because of their techno-stuff and huge numbers. If you would put a platoon of britsh marines (or dutch, which is pretty much the same thing except for the weapons used) against a platoon of US marines, the US marines will have their asses kicked. And this was confirmed by a former US marine who actualy trained with/against the dutch and british marines. Although I must admit that the British and Dutch marine corps are considered elite forces while the USMC is just a seaborn army (except for the recon guys).

You sir are a fucking idiot and judging by your comments are probaly just another teenager with NO CLUE... and I hope for your sake you never encounter a United States Marine or any American service member for that matter....

LOL I second that, lets not start a big fight here though, hands down the BEST fighting force in the WORLD is the ROK Marines, NOBODY can deny it so dont even try, now lets move on to the topic. This DPM pack is soooo awesome, I cant eait for some really good missions with it. I was wondering though I know you guys are planning on SAS but how bout commandoes if they still exist (I'm just dumb american unclesam.gif ) Also do the brits have/use any smgs or any silenced equipment? I dont think ive ever seen a l85 with a sil but i could be incorrect, and I'm not sure if the sterling is gone or what not.

They have Commandos in the pack, they're called Royal Marine Commandos. wink_o.gif

You sir are a fucking idiot and judging by your comments are probaly just another teenager with NO CLUE... and I hope for your sake you never encounter a United States Marine or any American service member for that matter....

I'm actually 20 years old (as you can also see in my profile). I'm a third year student mechanical engineering and at the moment I work for the Dutch Navy. After I finished college (june 2005) I will aply for a job at the Royal Netherlands Marine Corps.

I talk and work with sailors and Marines every day and I also spoke with US marines. These US marines tell me that the british and Dutch MC's are (in general) better than the regular USMC. So those aren't even my own words.

I find your post insulting, but it's probably your love for the USMC that made you post it. I would like to ask you to remove or edit your post.

Using that kind of language to a fellow board member is totally unacceptable.

You can expect a 48 hour post restriction and a warning level increase - someone questioning the efficiency of your favourite armed forces group does NOT entitle you to make personal attacks and insults.

------

To everyone esle - please try to discuss addons like civilized adults...

Actually I was referring to overall force quality, before people have more nationalistic apoplexy its due to centuries of experience in organising these things, I'm not making man for man judgements, I know a few

people serving in the US forces and they seem to agree that the US army has considerable weaknesses on an organisational level i.e. political administrative...and Im Irish not south african.

Anyway back to topic

I can't speak for the American's combat effectiveness man for man against British or Dutch forces, but they sure get the job done en mass.  I pray to God I never have to fight with them again though.  They'll shoot at anything with armour and most things without.  An American clearance patrol nearly killed one of our recce blokes just over the Iraqi border...case of mistaken identity, stuipid thing is, our recce party was attached to the clearance patrol so they should have been well aware that we were there.  Later the next night a squadron (don't know whether that's the right term) of Cobras were waved off their attack run against the same recce party (although no longer affiliated with the Armerican patrol) at the last minute by the lads signalling with IR strobes.  We had big orange tarpaulins on top of our wagons, CIPs (Combat Identification Panels - Thermal signature stuff), coalition TAC markings, Infra-red strobes and bloody Union Jacks flying...yet still they thought we were the enemy.  It was a matter of seconds between just being 'a close call' and being a total disaster!   crazy_o.gif

They're gung-ho as you like, but they blow things up real good, so as long as you stand behind them when they're going at it, they're alright.   wink_o.gif

We had two American sniper teams acting as observers for our first fire mission (BMP with dismounts digging in).  Their callsigns were Grim 'Reaper 10' and 'Grim Reaper 20'!  Hehehe, we were 'Wildcat 20'...following is a target report sent by one of the observers near the end of the mission:

"He's runnin', he's runnin'...YEAH!  You got the bastard!"  Only a Yank could get away with that...a Brit would be crucified by the SMIS!   biggrin_o.gif

I wish to personally apologise to any people who feel that they have been offended here but my own comment was only said in a joking sense.

Let's keep the peace shall we.

Any news on the project guys?

I wish to personally apologise to any people who feel that they have been offended here but my own comment was only said in a joking sense.

Let's keep the peace shall we.

Any news on the project guys?

ok well if you want any progess please feel free to come to our site and have a look around and look in the forums

PUKF

Well i dont want to offend anybody here smile_o.gif so please dont take it in a bad way rock.gif

but as a military historian i must to say that in my proud opinion in general USA army is an hipertecnologiced army that depend excesivily of high tech. thai can win any war in clear spaces, but please dont forgett Vietnam or Corea, terrains were the high tech cant win a conventional war.

In other order of things USA army dont figth afanist a strong enemy since Vietnam or 2ÅŸww, i think that win the two gulf wars dont say nothing good about USA army beacouse marines aganist Irackys concripts....

Abrams, apaches, a-10, f-117 etc aganist t-72, t-62- t-54/5 etc....

can be compared at all its like Davis aganist Goliath.

well this is just my opinion and i dont have nothing aganist USA or USA army

On a completely different subject, I was just wondering if Pukf or any other talented config/scripter would please bind the bayonet scripts to teacups animated dog? so we can finally have a working attack dog. rock.gif

Cap.

On a completely different subject, I was just wondering if Pukf or any other talented config/scripter would please bind the bayonet scripts to teacups animated dog? so we can finally have a working attack dog. rock.gif

Cap.

Thanks for steering the topic back on track before we get another bout of flag waving.

I think the intention is to make the bayonet script available to those that want to use after v1.1 of the DPM pack is released wink_o.gif

This is the LAST time I will point this out - this is an ADDON discussion thread, NOT a thread to debate the skills and competence of various armed forces.

Before you post, ask yourself a question: is my comment DIRECTLY related to this addon? If not, please don't post.

Further instances will result in post count reductions for spamming, post restrictions and warning level increase for ignoring a moderator, and possible closure of this thread.

Thank you.

Cap.

That's actually a VERY nice idea (if they can get it to work). Very good thinking!!

Now to get to back to the point in my first post;

About the helmet look. To show what I mean I use two pictures that are directly from your own site. Compare the look of the helmets:

http://www.project-ukf.com/infantry/images/dpmpack_r1.jpg

http://www.project-ukf.com/infantry/images/dpm_d1.jpg

The real helmet is more like a half-soccerball, while yours looks more like a half-(american)football (or conehead). It looks odd and is incorrect. I really think it could improve the look of your units if you could change this, since this conehead look really bugs me.

Will you include muzzle launched grenades in the future? (I didn't even check if there already in the pack). If so than it would be nice to inlcude this sight in the pack:

http://www.ringsights.com/products/LC-9-46-RGGS.htm

It would be very nice and very realistic too. And the sight is also perfect for OFP with it's three lines for distance. (much like the leaf sight for the AG36)

ha, I actually stayed on-topic. Sorry Fubar, no banning today smile_o.gif

These are terrific, awsome, exellent, superb, and absolutely incredible. I have found one bug though, you can lock onto stuff with the Grenade launcher. That it.

Also does any one know where I can get some British trucks and land rovers. As it is now they walk every where or ride in choppers. I need trucks.

Keep up the good work, these are exellent.

Cap.

That's actually a VERY nice idea (if they can get it to work). Very good thinking!!

Now to get to back to the point in my first post;

About the helmet look. To show what I mean I use two pictures that are directly from your own site. Compare the look of the helmets:

http://www.project-ukf.com/infantry/images/dpmpack_r1.jpg

http://www.project-ukf.com/infantry/images/dpm_d1.jpg

The real helmet is more like a half-soccerball, while yours looks more like a half-(american)football (or conehead). It looks odd and is incorrect. I really think it could improve the look of your units if you could change this, since this conehead look really bugs me.

Will you include muzzle launched grenades in the future? (I didn't even check if there already in the pack). If so than it would be nice to inlcude this sight in the pack:

http://www.ringsights.com/products/LC-9-46-RGGS.htm

It would be very nice and very realistic too. And the sight is also perfect for OFP with it's three lines for distance. (much like the leaf sight for the AG36)

ha, I actually stayed on-topic. Sorry Fubar, no banning today   smile_o.gif

I see your helmet point.

RLG. We did have but it was decided they have not been used since GW1 so not included in a modern pack.

These are terrific, awsome, exellent, superb, and absolutely incredible. I have found one bug though, you can lock onto stuff with the Grenade launcher. That it.

Also does any one know where I can get some British trucks and land rovers. As it is now they walk every where or ride in choppers. I need trucks.

Keep up the good work, these are exellent.

Our Rovers will be out soon.

Also does any one know where I can get some British trucks and land rovers.

There's some landrover betas over on ofp.info