Sign in to follow this  
m21man

Pukf dpm pack 1.0

Guest major gandhi

really nice addon. especially all those special features of the soldiers (hats, backpacks...).

the bayonet thing is of course nice as well, but it's pretty hard to use in open combat. mostly the enemy shots you before you are able to use the bayonet. anyway very nice addon biggrin_o.gif

I love them so much i've allready started a cool mission with them. I got a quick question for you knowledgable people out there, what is the standard UK sniper rifle/rifles? is it the L96? anyways awesome work guys love it.

Yes L96 mate.

Yeah the bayonets were added as a novelty item more than anything. They were requested in the UKF forums, so we set about making them. Bayonets have little place in modern warfare except in trench/room clearance...and there's not a great deal of that in flashpoint. It's mostly open battlefield stuff. But if you find yourself in the middle of an urban area and a Russian pops out in front of you, have a crack...especially if you've expended all rounds in your mag. They can also be used to silently kill an enemy...if any of you is planning to make a covert ops mission using standard DPM/Royal marine/Para soldiers that is. Anyway, have fun. biggrin_o.gif

wooah! its great!!, but how can i get the AI to fix their bayonets automaticly? rock.gif

Couple of things...

When you select the marine(LSW) he will turn into a marine (SA80) in the editor. This also happens with the rifle company units with the LMG turning into the Rifleman.

2 other things I'm trying to see if they will happen again are a sound error msg that I got when i died and also a CTD when selecting either the LSW or the LMG units.

EDIT: And also a new CTD when placing DPM Manouvre Support.

Great units though.  smile_o.gif

Is anyone else having trouble changing the color of the berets?  I tried making some KORBR troops, who have green/khaki berets, but the beret color stayed dark blue/black.  They also stayed the same color when trying to add a plain khaki beret.

Brilliant units though!

Just out of curiosity, are there plans to add an SA80 with Iron Sights also in the future?

Is anyone else having trouble changing the color of the berets?  I tried making some KORBR troops, who have green/khaki berets, but the beret color stayed dark blue/black.  They also stayed the same color when trying to add a plain khaki beret.

Brilliant units though!

Did you add the script override game logic?

I'm really impressed! An excellent first "real" release from P:UKF, and congratulations on a very excellent pack of units and weapons!

A general question not related to the addon though, well slightly related I suppose biggrin_o.gif If I want the soldiers to appear as members of the Pathfinder platoon, what is the best armpatch/regiment patch to use? And also, do the soldiers of the Pathfinder platoon carry other than standard loadouts?

Thanks for this great infantry pack! Really looking forward to seeing your Landrovers and other projects on my HDD sometime soon smile_o.gif

Perfect textures, perfect models.

I see you use JAM for the weapons, that's OK but I don't fancy the sounds much and it feels strange firing the Gimpy and Minimi from the hip (actually, from the shoulder) with no recoil. blues.gif Why use an SA-80 when you can just bring an MG along for all your long-range and CQB needs?

The units are good in and of themselves, but it's difficult to use them for missions when they don't come with any vehicles. IMO it would be a better solution to release the whole package with helicopters, like armor, soft vehicles and helicopters as a mod than as a trickle of addons that are a mess to update and increase addon dependencies.

edit: read the readme. I think the beret and camo selections should be off by default, though.

I'd much rather have something now than wait ages for a 'complete mod'.

I have to say, well done PUKF!

The units are good in and of themselves, but it's difficult to use them for missions when they don't come with any vehicles. IMO it would be a better solution to release the whole package with helicopters, like armor, soft vehicles and helicopters as a mod than as a trickle of addons that are a mess to update and increase addon dependencies.

The problem with that is it would take way too long to get all that out. Also with the release date of Ofp2 unknown we could have done what ya said and then have the problems of converting all our hard work onto flashpoint 2. We are working on alot of other projects that will be following very soon and we hope you enjoy them as much as our Dpm pack. Have fun! wink_o.gif

Go0B, for the moment, use Parachute Regiment Troops with Bush hats, you might want to use an M16 or M4 instead of the SA80.

Missions are being worked on and will be released in the near future.

Thanks for your positive comments guys. smile_o.gif

Mav

(Co - Leader)

I don't know about that, I'm playing with the FDF and CSLA complete armed forces all the time. But I guess UKF has been in development a much shorter time so it might run a bit close to OFP2 (whenever that comes out). I can only speak for myself, but I can't see myself using these units as separate addons in MP, it's just hell to get everyone to download several addons instead of a mod.

People do it with all the BAS units, and I for one intend to do it with all the UKF units smile_o.gif

Did you add the script override game logic?

Works now, thanks!

I see you use JAM for the weapons, that's OK but I don't fancy the sounds much...

Actually, the JAM sounds are top-notch, they're very much like the real thing.  The 5.56mm round is a small, high-velocity round, so it makes a sharp popping sound, more than a deep bassy 'boom'.  We've tried to make the addon as accurate as possible without compromising on aesthetics.  We even included the spotting rounds for the LAW originally, but it was causing a CTD with AI soldiers.   sad_o.gif

I'm really impressed! An excellent first "real" release from P:UKF, and congratulations on a very excellent pack of units and weapons!

A general question not related to the addon though, well slightly related I suppose biggrin_o.gif If I want the soldiers to appear as members of the Pathfinder platoon, what is the best armpatch/regiment patch to use? And also, do the soldiers of the Pathfinder platoon carry other than standard loadouts?

Thanks for this great infantry pack! Really looking forward to seeing your Landrovers and other projects on my HDD sometime soon smile_o.gif

I don't think the Pathfinder DZ Patch was included as we wanted to bring them out at another time.

We have a guy on the team who knows more about this than me wink_o.gif

As to Weps they like the C7/M16/203, etc.

I agree on the JAM sounds. They are indeed top knotch although I prefer the SAW sound on Earl & Suchey's M249. But overall I can't complain.

I can't wait to get home from work and try these UK troops out.

Any word on when we can expect a UKF Desert Infantry addon???

These days I'm almost exclusively making desert combat missions.

That and a Warrior IFV in desert textures would be perfect for a Basra mission.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I found the Pathfinders platoon capbadge (on the official homepage of the parachute regiments, who would have thought I'd find it there  wink_o.gif  )

But now I am wondering what the correct dimensions the image needs to be in to be put on the soldiers, and if any kind soul would want to re-size this image into the correct dimensions and converting it to .paa format. I would do it myself, but I lack a photo-editing program that can handle the .paa format  smile_o.gif

EDIT: Didn't see tankieboys post above, thanks for all the info too smile_o.gif