Sign in to follow this  
ni-mh

Fischkopp's hmmwv pack

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Looks awesome!!

But somethin about canvas covers;

I have never seen a canvas top and/or door in cammo material. They are allways in OD-green.

Second point (I can't believe I've missed this) is the metal hood grill. As seen in this picture;

http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/scene2.jpg

You use the old grill. Since all of your HMMWV's use the A1 version mirrors, you should also use the A1 metal hood grill. This was already installed on the armament version of the early HMMWV's and was installed on all the upgraded A1 HMMWV's. The new grill has 7 metal plates while the A1 grill has MUCH more plates. Here's a picture;

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/hmmwv_imgw_003.jpg

Note that this is an old version HMMWV (see the old mirrors), but it does have the A1 grill, because it's an armament carrier. Compare the grill to the one in the picture of your HMMWV.

About canvas covers and doors, you´re right they come in standard OD; but there are versions with camo canvas...

An about hood grids, also agreed, but right now there are versions out there running with old hoods... but again there are exceptions.

I´ve noticed it since his first beta but due to the facts I said before, I just forgot it.

yes very tru bout the grill very good point but my personal view on these is they look alot better with the old grills but thats just my opinion

Great news! Talented addon maker FischKopp has gave me permission to make the desert and OD textures for his awesome humvee pack, so stay tuned.

All HMMWV's which were updated to the A1 standard were given the new hood. Of course there are allways exceptions and sometimes you will see one with an old grill. But I must say that that is (supposed to be) very rare.

Weapon carriers however never had the old grill in the first place, so those need to be changed anyway to keep it realistic. So than the others can just change with it.

I've seen a single HMMWV with camo-canvas, but that was at a show on display by the factory. I have really never seen a HMMWV in active service with camo-canvas. Strange, but true.

Great news! Talented addon maker FischKopp has gave me permission to make the desert and OD textures for his awesome humvee pack, so stay tuned.

I like the sound of that, hope you make them blend well with other already made desert units smile_o.gif .

dam trhese hummersw are gonan kick ass seriosuly kick ass

cant wait for them i hope there relsesed soon

i want to make some missions biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Looks awesome!!

But somethin about canvas covers;

I have never seen a canvas top and/or door in cammo material. They are allways in OD-green.

Second point (I can't believe I've missed this) is the metal hood grill. As seen in this picture;

http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/scene2.jpg

You use the old grill. Since all of your HMMWV's use the A1 version mirrors, you should also use the A1 metal hood grill. This was already installed on the armament version of the early HMMWV's and was installed on all the upgraded A1 HMMWV's. The new grill has 7 metal plates while the A1 grill has MUCH more plates. Here's a picture;

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/hmmwv_imgw_003.jpg

Note that this is an old version HMMWV (see the old mirrors), but it does have the A1 grill, because it's an armament carrier. Compare the grill to the one in the picture of your HMMWV.

One little point to add to the first linked picture in the above post;

The IFF panel;

It was already said it should vover the entire door. And you changed this already. But what wasn't said is that the panle is actually larger than the door iself and protrudes (spelling?) at the underside of the door. Hard to explain with words and I couldn't find a picture of the real thing.

But the best way is this;

I did a count and your IFF panel has six horizontal plates. There should be seven. The seventh should be added to the bottom and is placed under the underside of the door. So in your model you should add a seventh plate to the underside of your IFF panel, but keep the postion of it the same. That way it should perfect. This will also give it more of a square look, which is closer to reality (In RL it's almost a square.

And one thing on the Avenger;

Most avengers have cammouflaged 'turrets'. Although I must admit some are indeed plain OD-green. So yours is correct, but I think a camoulfaged one looks better. But like I said; it is correct, so you could keep it this way.

One other thing;

I don't know if you added it already, but practicly all avenger have a large storage box added to the back of their vehicle for more storage space, since space inside the vehicle is very limited.

Last litle detail;

On USMC avangers they do have an extended deep-water exhaust, which is more or less the same os on the other HMMWV's. But it couldn't run to the top of the vehicle, so it was extended to the top of the turret's platform. This way it only adds a few feet extra, but it's fital for USMC use. Minor detail, but nice since you are making USMC HMMWV's.

I promise that these were the last points I will complain about tounge_o.gif Keep t up.

Guys you make me crazy ... since i finished the modells everybody comes say there and there and here and look, don´t forget this ... aahh before i forget please correct this ...

YOU MAKE ME CRAZY!!!! Do you want that I relase these modells? Then Shout up!!!! biggrin_o.gif

But the AVENGER exhaust is already there ...

Sorry, I am known for doing these things to other addonmakers tounge_o.gif

Thanks for the exhaust. And like I said; I won't post a single 'change this' comment anymore. smile_o.gif

Fischkopp,no need to change other things in your current pack,seriously,I want to play with your pack now,I don't wanna wait another 2 months for some pipe,part,window,wheel,shadow lod or other crap that it will delay them furthermore.

From the last pic I've seen,they're looking more than great,hope you'll release these beauties soon.You can do all those details in other versions,no need to chop it up again for some small details.

There are at least two different IFF panel types and one of them is with 6 rows. Just search a little bit more and you´ll find it.

Right now FischKopp humvees are very very detailed and very acurate and no futher details will be needed. I know all of us want perfection but that´s virtually imposible. For perfection.... buy the real humvee tounge_o.gif

Hey hmmwv,

Any plans on making a Kate Beckinsale unit when you do the reskins?

You'd have everything you want then (just not the originals) LOL.

PH

Hey hmmwv,

Any plans on making a Kate Beckinsale unit when you do the reskins?

You'd have everything you want then (just not the originals) LOL.

PH

Hey! that´s not a bad idea

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey! that´s not a bad idea

Hey hmmwv,

There are plenty of pictures of her (i have a few) and it should be fairly simple to create from a female civilian or even using Philcommando's PCFEM1 units or wow_o.gif what about asking cassandra about using her unit (when finished).

She could be a driver crazy_o.gif or something like that LOL.

PH

Sorry i forgot to ask if there is any news of a release date for the hummers as i shall be away for 3 weeks and will probably miss the release sad_o.gif

But i would have them when i return tounge_o.gif

PH

that´s for you hmmwv wink_o.gif

ForHmmwv.jpg

p.s. the hmmwv looks really better with OD Green doors and awnings

Does this mean you will be releasing OD version's of the hummer? because tbh i don't mind if it takes longer because it would be a more complete USMC hummer pack if it did.

Does this mean you will be releasing OD version's of the hummer? because tbh i don't mind if it takes longer because it would be a more complete USMC hummer pack if it did.

That will be my job as soon as the woodland pack released. I´ll do it. OD and desert textures.

FischKopp, man, if you were a girl... biggrin_o.gif

Thank you very very much, from the bottom of my heart wink_o.gif

(hey don´t get me wrong tounge_o.gif )

FischKopp, man, if you were a girl... biggrin_o.gif

What if he were Kate Beckinsale? tounge_o.gif

buffff!! just imagine it!

Hey FischKopp are you Kate Beckinsale? xD

buffff!! just imagine it!

Hey FischKopp are you Kate Beckinsale? xD

lol i wish u luck on the desert camo when the hmmwv's are done