Sign in to follow this  
ni-mh

Fischkopp's hmmwv pack

Avenger and Tow ... and Static guns.

Tow ... I made 1 on 1 copy of psymcar optic to test. i put the "gunnerview" near at the end of the optics of the model in memory LOD. It`s not connected to "otochlane". In Ingame i can see only some weired colour of tex but no car, tank or so on. Also it has seem to have a other zoom but i´m not sure cos like i said through the zoom i see only a black tex.

Static guns ... I made a RGB color Optik but in ingame it is only red colored ... I can see details but it is covered with red. I thought at first that i only enabled red channel by creating the tex, but this wasn´t the prob.

if anyone want to know;

The strange HMMWV is an uparmored HMMWV:

Quote[/b] ]The new protection suit, designed by Plasan Sasa for the Greek up-armored Humvee (Hummer) provides level II protection armor, including mine protection (up to 3.5kg explosives under any wheel.) The new suit retains the Humvee's tactical agility and cross country mobility, enabling the vehicle to carry 1.3 tons of payload in addition to the crew and their gear. The vehicle is fitted with multiple access doors and sufficient open space to enable maximum utilization of available and protected space. It is also fitted with a new low profile hatch attached to the a standard machine gun ring mount.

It looks ugly is you ask me. A rectangle shaped window offers a better view than those strange door-windows.

Quote[/b] ]"gunnerview"

AFAIK gunnerView selection is not supported in car class vehicles...

Ignore it...

What you need to do is to have correctly made optics.p3d (check out the BIS ones for example)

Then, in the view cargo LOD include the gunner proxy in both 'otochlaven' and 'otocvez'...

You probably also need some tweaking in the config... The gunnerview part...

I'm afraid that is trial and error kind of stuff...

I'm not completely sure how this was done on our humwee 'cause it was actually Sa8Gecko who made it work after I almost popped a brain vessel with the optics... tounge_o.gif

(sadly he's been out of reach for a quite a long time now... RL sucks tounge_o.gif )

Weird that the static weapon optics don't work, because aren't they in APC class so they should have regular optics possible... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Avenger scripts: You could use any one of our AA missile guidance codes for that, as long as one of them is suitable for your needs. Try installing them in your vehicle, using our missile model to see how each one behaves.

Well, dear 'Boss' biggrin_o.gif , we do have those Avenger specific scripts built... wink_o.gif

So no 'does-this-fit?' testing is needed...

Quote[/b] ]When you go to create your own Avenger missile model please remember to include the geometry LOD

Oh, that's just mean biggrin_o.gif

(don't take it the wrong Fisch... His just teasing you... tounge_o.gif )

The Prob is that AFAIk the gunnerview appear only direct in front of the head of the Gunner of car. you cannot move it a little bit forward. therefore i had the prob with the balack tex in front, cos it was the black optic of the model. I need a optic for the tow cos the big optic model of the TOW covers 70% of the whole view. But there must be an solution.

I will take a look on a LAV made by CAF, cos it has optics. maybe i can fix it.

I like that up-armored humvee. Looks space age, and "hard." Mount a CROWS with an XM307, or XM312 and you've got one badass vehicle

Quote[/b] ]Well, dear 'Boss', we do have those Avenger specific scripts built...  

So no 'does-this-fit?' testing is needed...

Well, who can remember everything...

(Oh, the irony... biggrin_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]RL sucks

tounge_o.gif

If only we could get paid for OFP Editing...

Actually, I'd be out on the streets by now, so maybe that isn't such a good idea...

Quote[/b] ]don't take it the wrong Fisch... His just teasing you...  

tounge_o.gif

After you spend any amount of time around me, you get used to it. Eventually biggrin_o.gif

Until then, just assume everything I say is sarcasm... wink_o.gif

-Psy|W

Wow, that looks awesome man, can't wait for it.

*off-topic*

on the combat photography thread I saw a really cool jungle island that I think you made-any chance of releasing it or did I miss something and it has already been released?

Still no shadow lod sad_o.gif

But wow nice job, I can't wait!!!

@ebns72:

I´m working for the MOD "Conflict Zone Mindanao" and I will create for the mod some diffrent Jungles, Rainforest, Grass plains and Palm forests

for more screens look here

sad_o.gif IT HAS SHADOW BUT I HAVE DISABLE THE SHADOWS IN OFP. I hope nobody will ask this again crazy_o.gif

Hummer pack by Fischkopp ist de beast pack of the wordl wow_o.gif

Gud Job !!

sad_o.gif  IT HAS SHADOW BUT I HAVE DISABLE THE SHADOWS IN OFP. I hope nobody will ask this again  crazy_o.gif

lol why turn off the shadows? does that improve performance?

anyways, excellent work as usual  smile_o.gif  i'm really looking forward to this release  wink_o.gif

taking shadows of in ur game

usually taes alot of pressure of the computewr

caz shadows are smal but will create loaads of lag on a lower comp

Quote[/b] ]I got some TOW-2A Optics yeeeehhhhhhaaa

Hey Fischkopp,

Does hmmwv know this yet crazy_o.gif , you know what he is like when talk like this starts LOL

PH

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Looks awesome!!

But somethin about canvas covers;

I have never seen a canvas top and/or door in cammo material. They are allways in OD-green.

Second point (I can't believe I've missed this) is the metal hood grill. As seen in this picture;

http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/scene2.jpg

You use the old grill. Since all of your HMMWV's use the A1 version mirrors, you should also use the A1 metal hood grill. This was already installed on the armament version of the early HMMWV's and was installed on all the upgraded A1 HMMWV's. The new grill has 7 metal plates while the A1 grill has MUCH more plates. Here's a picture;

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/hmmwv_imgw_003.jpg

Note that this is an old version HMMWV (see the old mirrors), but it does have the A1 grill, because it's an armament carrier. Compare the grill to the one in the picture of your HMMWV.