Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact nogova released

I may overlooked this but is that Fokker 50 released?

It's FW200's Beriev Be-32k, not a Fokker F-50.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7183

This island is simply stunning, the lights, the bases, the airports... everything feels much better than the original Nogova, or indeed the last version of Mapfact Nogova. I haven't really noticed a large FPS impact anywhere apart from the large military complex in the northeast of the island, the one in the woods.

@thunderbird: as the three nogovas only differ in name and config definitons it does not matter which one you take. but i can't explain why you get the error message. did you test it with the old noe.pbo?

How do I get the runway lights that come in MAP_NOE_O.PBO to work on my island? I placed them on my island but they don't light up at night like the other Mapfact lights, such as those that come in baracken 1.5. I've placed them on my island using WrpTool. Thanks biggrin_o.gif

if you add the lights on you need this in a trigger...

Quote[/b] ]this exec "\MAP_Noe_O\scripts\runway01.sqs"

but u prob need the script aswell

I think you get the error message because all the missions are named ambush.noe and not .map.noe or something like that wink_o.gif

i don't experience so much lag, i think i even have less lag with this version somehow, maybe its because there is no desert textures? or i dunno tounge_o.gif

i don't know, but in worst case you need to unpbo the campaign and mess all the mission folders up  tounge_o.gif

the repbo and put it back maybe it works,

i haven't done anything that but i think it would work that way. Oh by the way i got a problem when i try to open a gate with a trigger that gets activated when a guard comes near it

with this code (object NUMMER) animate ["Component02", 1/0]

i type in the ID # of the gate part and press ok but i get this message type: number, expected object in a pop up  tounge_o.gif

------------------------------------------------------

Ignore the above i solved it by doing this

(object 63820) animate ["Component02", 1] and it went open biggrin_o.gif finnally!!! unclesam.gif *stupid me by just copying and pasting the whole thing and not really understadning the 1/0 thingy earlier tounge_o.gif *

Very good Island i just tried it and LOVEDDDDD the new lightning system , its what i always want and thats the exact light in which i take my screenshots , before this map i had to kill the original lights and light up flares wink_o.gif

A few pics:

harrier77vn.jpg

mpnoe13ve.jpg

mpnoe25jq.jpg

Thank you very much TSC Plage smile_o.gif

Brilliant,

THe fact that theres a chocie on flight path Taxing with a variety of versions is very cool.. The Runway light also are fantastic which. The Map really brings back to life Nogova to its prime. Well done guys,, great job.

Really nice work on it. It really great. One suggestion is, how about a helipark at the airport. There is really no place for choppers to land. wink_o.gif

land on the big open area tounge_o.gif

just checked it out. really nice.

hey is is a lil too late to mention the C130 hanger has a lil bug... the "gate" (top one) dispite it being open.. doesnt let the herc pass thru it crazy_o.gif

but the the lights are really cool as is th rest of the island smile_o.gif its stayin on my laptop for awhile biggrin_o.gif

Here's a good idea for you guys:

All of us know it's pain in the arse to type all those init commands for radars, runway lights, etc....

The solution is so suprisingly simple, that it's hardly ever used.

You NEED to add to your config a few game logic objects with proper init eventhandlers, eg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Logic: All {};

class MAP_RunwayLightsLogic : Logic

{

displayname = "Turn on runway lights";

class Eventhandlers

{

init="this exec ""\MAP_Noe_O\scripts\runway01.sqs"" ";

};

};

And there you go! Nobody will ever ask you again about those hard to memorise init lines!

smile_o.gif

yes, we had a similar idea. we decided to leave this feature out, because people are already complaining about the bad performance. so it's better when the mission maker can switch on/off the radars/lights which are needed for a specific mission. smile_o.gif

@commando: the performance of v1.22 is (or it should be) better since it is using the new baracks. so if you load baracks v1.5 and map noe v1.21 it should also be better than v1.21 with baracks v1 tounge_o.gif

I think you missed my point, mate. In my solution, whenever somebody wants to have eg. radar running, he places manually a game logic object. Nothing happens automatically so there's no unwanted lag. It's just a simple workaround for typing all these init lines.

Did you check the readme? There's one demo-mission included with two "ready to use" triggers to activate the runway-lights of each airstrip. You can simply copy that trigger or load the demo-mission to activate the lights.

Greetz

Plage

I checked the readme, but I don't see anywhere about how to make these lights to work on a custom island, other then Mapfact Nogova.

I checked the readme, but I don't see anywhere about how to make these lights to work on a custom island, other then Mapfact Nogova.

thats probably because only mapfact nogova has the runway lights and other custom maps dont have them maybe just maybe it could be that way ? tounge_o.gif

i love the new nogova looks exelent already got some ideas for a small campaign (to bad i dont have any exp. in creating a camp sad_o.gif )

thats probably because only mapfact nogova has the runway lights and other custom maps dont have them  maybe just maybe it could be that way ?  tounge_o.gif

i love the new nogova looks exelent already got some ideas for a small campaign (to bad i dont have any exp. in creating a camp  sad_o.gif  )

Check MAP_Noe_O.pbo, you'll notice there are two runway lights in there wink_o.gif

I highly estimate the huge effort that has gone into updating this island, but I'm afraid I won't be able to use it for mission-making.

although the locations are splendid, IMHO, it suffers a bit of "feature creep" revealing (I guess) that it has been made more with combat photography than with gameplay in mind

for instance the Modrava harbour part (not that it was unproblematic on BIS Nogova either) cannot be used for real combat situations, as AI units simply run to drown themselves in multiple places

gainswings.jpg

I think there's not much one can do about such things, so don't take it personally TSC plage

has the main airport building been changed? I was making a mission in which units ran through the building, but now the waypoints do not work anymore.

airport_attack.jpg (old screenshot)

but I guess the majority of OFP players left do not really worry about AI being able to navigate the environment ... so these were just some personal procrastinations

Well i do worry about these thing , i hope your wrong there and that the AI works there sad_o.gif (finger crossed)

What about wp's do they AI follow them correctly in these locations? How about really making them move where you want to like making many gamelogic points and then pointing the AI to it one by one from a script?

don't get me wrong there, I'm reporting two separate issues, one being the fact that AI doesn't really understand the complicated mix of fences, harbour staircases and water parts, the other being that my building waypoints of previous missions seem to have changed (this would require to rebuild my waypoints, but I don't really understand why, sinche the building itself hasn't changed - or do waypoints silently use editor IDs?)

Yes i understand that , plus last night i also came across a few other little 'problems' , the gates which are used at the airport (and probably else where on the isle) are always by default closed and theres no way the AI's smart enough to open it themself and when i tell them to drive around and about the place they get stuck at the gate and then keep trying to move through it crazy_o.gif .

Any work around to it except the one in which i'll have to make triggers sensing anyone around the gate then opening it and closing it itself. Maybe you guys can post one here i'd love to copy it and keep it for future use.