Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

North devon terrain

crazy_o.gif 25% done

man thats cool so its only getting better and better, looking at the pictures its allready good so where will it end.

Super Uber Cool map! rofl.gif

Are you including a pub? RAAB and VCB need somewhere worth smashing up whilst kicking the shite out of each other...

Shame Klink's not working on DIB anymore. I'd love to sling Pathy through a pub window biggrin_o.gif

There will be pubs is they are present on the real locations.

I am for certain going to do the one in Fremington as it wont be too far from the camp, and will also try to do the Naffi/mess on the camp itself.

Shame Klink's not working on DIB anymore. I'd love to sling Pathy through a pub window  biggrin_o.gif

And i'd love to chuck you though a glass bus shelter, but arent we meant to be chair legging RAAB? biggrin_o.gif

I've just read through most of this thread, and this map sounds and looks bloody amazing! Really can't wait for this. biggrin_o.gifwow_o.gif

Shame Klink's not working on DIB anymore. I'd love to sling Pathy through a pub window biggrin_o.gif

Punch him in the left kidney first. wink_o.gif

Go ahead, its me right one thats fookered. biggrin_o.gif (from my perspective anyway)..........whoops, shouldnt have told you that should i confused_o.gifwink_o.gif

Small Update

While working On Falk Buildings I decided to do a couple more for my own Little Project.

This all are from around the upgraded Camp Entrance.

OFP2032.jpg

OFP2033.jpg

OFP2034.jpg

OFP2036.jpg

OFP2037.jpg

All have had 20% Brightness increase for better web visibility

The married quarters look fantastic...I have two questions;

1) Are the married quarters enterable

2) Compared to the size of the entire map, how large is the actual camp area.

Mq's are not currently enterable but this can change...

The Map is only a 12.8km x 12.8km but the RAF Camp itself covers an area of about 2500m x 1200m, but if of course not square so actaul area is less than this.

It also happens to be almost in the centre of the map

oooh, these maps look especially cool. awsome detail right down to the aircraft on a stick biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait for this island (or the "Skye" one for that matter). Seeing as it's so well researched, CBFASI, do you know the history of that Hunter Guardian of the Gate? Is that where it's meant to be, out of interest, because it doesn't look likes it's next to a main gate or a main road as is the norm, unless you haven't gotten round to that part yet, in which case I apologise.

I know little about the Hunter other than it actaully served at RAF Chivenor, and as for its location, take a close look at that first picture..

Its the next item past the Guardroom, which is just behind the Main Gate, on the Main road into the camp.

As for reserach, helps that I actaully live near the 'map'

do you know the history of that Hunter Guardian of the Gate? Is that where it's meant to be, out of interest, because it doesn't look likes it's next to a main gate or a main road as is the norm, unless you haven't gotten round to that part yet, in which case I apologise.

Hunter F6 XF509

Humbrol's bird had a varied life, beginning with 54 Squadron in 1957 and moving on through the AFDS, RAE Bedford and finally 4 FTS at RAF Valley, ending its days as a gate guard at RAF Chivenor. On the station's closure, Humbrol (owners of Airfix) bought themselves this big kit and stuck it on a pole outside their plant in Hull; the amount of work necessary being considerably less than normal as the aircraft had been placed in similar position at Chivenor after a full restoration in 1990.

Taken from http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/hunter/survivorspics3.html

(first picture on the page)