Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

How about a forum night?

The CiA FDF server is up now. You need FDF 1.2 Kegetys weapon pack and likely winter nogojev.

IP: ofp.ciahome.net

PW: ciafdf

Teamspeak 2 server is up also at the same IP.

You're all welcome.

I wasnt able to join early but once I did I had a great time. Sorry members of tacticalblunder.com, but in contrast to the CIA server your server is a little bit boring. I realy do appreaciate your work and I welcome anyone who offers a server to the community BUT, the FDF addons and the BAS addons make any game much more worthwile! I know it is a nice idea to let EVERYONE join (which implies: no unofficial addons) but for the ones which CAN play FDF and BAS it can/could get boring. Even if lots of members join. So here comes my proposal (ouch, dont want to hurt anyone). For the ones who DO have FDF I would suggest you try out the CIA server, and for the ones who do not run any official addons the tacticalblunder.com is the best address. I am sure both servers can perfectly co-exist.

I think it's sad when you feel you must play with addons in order for a game to be fun.  

I guess some people just like playing realistically, strategically the way the game was designed and some people like to be amused by player made fancy toys that beep and have cool snazzy stripes and lasers.

But to each their own as they say.

I agree guys, BAS and FDF addons, make the games so much more interesting. Desert ambush and all that stuff can be "that" much fun if u play them over and over

I think it's sad when you feel you must play with addons in order for a game to be fun.  

I guess some people just like playing realistically, strategically the way the game was designed and some people like to be amused by player made fancy toys that beep and have cool snazzy stripes and lasers.

What is so sad about it tounge_o.gif ? You must admit that the FDF addons (including the sound and explosions modifications) add a WHOLE new experience to OFP. OFP isnt perfect, we all know that, and some of us who felt the same improved it by implementing modifications. I just prefer to see nice skies, to hear REAL explsions, to feel nice M16 sounds and to see broken tanks to burn for several minutes. But besides that, who would denie that many original COOP mission just get boring after a while. And the FDF missions are awesome!

Actually, I've never played or dowloaded any mod or addon.

I havn't even played resistence yet. sad_o.gif

I havn't even played resistence yet.    sad_o.gif

You poor soul. crazy_o.gif

OMG you don't know what your missing out on  crazy_o.gif

btw too bad I couldn't make it today sad_o.gif

And why wouldn't you be able to play strategically with addons? FDF makes OFP much more realistic.

here's my suggestion. maybe you guys should start making mission. a new mission would make it a lot more fun even with no addons.

here's my suggestion. maybe you guys should start making mission. a new mission would make it a lot more fun even with no addons.

ya no joke.... all the times we played, we played the same stuff. No addons can be fun too, but not if it is too repetitive

You realy miss a lot. The modifcations improve graphics as lot. It doesnt make any sense to explain all that to you if you cant see it.

I suggest the following. Just get FDF and Llauma's skies for the beginning. Easy to download and easy to install (if you bother to read the readme.txt before).

Cant imagine you have never played the BAS mogadishu..you are realy missing  a lot, basically a whole new game!

And the missions are better than Resistance anyway biggrin_o.gif

Cant imagine you have never played the BAS mogadishu..you are realy missing a lot, basically a whole new game!

BAS Tonal, I think you mean, completely different thing altough it is an African city. wink_o.gif

But seriously, who is so crazy to play OFP without addons, I always just suffer with the regular units. smile_o.gif The default addons for me in MP are FDFmod 1.2, SEB 'Nam Pack 2 and maybe MAP.

Addons or not it's still a great game however you play. Some people like the variety of having other units to play with other than the ones that came with the game. I myself cant get enough of WW2 OFP biggrin_o.gif

...i would like to join next game ( just dl fdf v1.2).

So, when is the next game and will be a future games with BAS addons ?

ya no joke.... all the times we played, we played the same stuff. No addons can be fun too, but not if it is too repetitive

Yes I agree. Blackdog and I are currently in the process of improving the server and adding new fun maps to play. But I still really need your input as to which maps you find fun.

I am still relatively new to multiplayer games, and I have only probably played about 20-25 or less OPF multiplayer games in my life. While I can find the time to find good coop and CTF games online, it is rare that I find a good one or even have the chance to try.

If there are ANY good coop or ctf maps that any of you know of that do not requre any addons, please feel free to suggest them here, and I will immediately work to dowload them and get them onto the server.

I am really working with very limited experience to try to make good fun games for the forum.

The next forum game will be either next saturday, or next sunday. Last saturdays game was good with many more members of the forum showing up to play, but it really depends on our schedule and the state of the server, so stay tuned.

just from the top of my head a couple of good c&h. the version on the server dont work.

C&H Drymouth

C&H lowland

CTF castle keep

IceFire, I have a ton of coops on my PC...(some addon, most non-addon)...I will PM you a list when I get home wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If there are ANY good coop or ctf maps that any of you know of that do not requre any addons

Best that coop missions get are here, at Kyllikki (scroll down)

I will pop up at 22.00.

Maybe server will be started earlier by Llauma.

Server : ofp.ciahome.net

password: ciafdf

Teamspeak 2 server at : ofp.ciahome.net

FDF1.2 required.

You can check webpage for details, timeshift, addons,etc.

Cu later biggrin_o.gif

I will pop up at 22.00.

22:00 in which TimeZone?

And BTW, this might just be my IE, but i can't get onto the CiA website, get a 'Cannot find server' error message.

I will pop up at 22.00.

And BTW, this might just be my IE, but i can't get onto the CiA website, get a 'Cannot find server' error message.

www.ciahome.net/

The timezone is CET which you can see on the site.

I will pop up at 22.00.

<s>server is on CET, hope that´s right  tounge_o.gif </s>

i think i´ll join in too

cia page works for me: http://www.ciahome.net/

edit: lol, mkay