Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

U.s. army special forces

silent pro,

"no easy day" was my concept (check the readme that comes with the mod) that the dtd pro mod team made a reality, and a great one i might add. i've been trying to get an addon like this for flashpoint for months since i got back from iraq. i encourage anyone who plays ghost recon to get it, but i want it for flashpoint also.

I haven't had the chance to try these out yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad that we've finally got some decent SF units to muck around with biggrin_o.gif

I also really look forward to seeing some Woodland versions of these units, since it's usually woodland missions I play. wink_o.gif

maybe it would be a good idea to add names to the special forces instead of "specialforces11" or whatever. Maybe you should make it like "Special Forces (Middle East Garb)" or "Special Forces(Turban)"

unclesam.gif

redliner47,

in the final version they will be giving more accurate names.

And grouped in the editor?

That would make them simpler to place in the mission editor

And grouped in the editor?

That would make them simpler to place in the mission editor

that's not a probelm for the final version, too. unclesam.gif

Ok all will be done in final pack wink_o.gif

But pack1 will be only desert after that I make some woodland pack too  wink_o.gif

I have some problems with units:

-Special Forces6

-Special Forces8

When they are sitting in vehicles you see in first person view their mouth, beard and cap how can I fix this rock.gif

How many units are in the pack altogether? I'm sitting here blinking and bewildered trying to figure out how you compressed 30 some megabytes of pbo into 4.25.

Why specifically does it need so many other addons?

The text file implies that you'd more or less gotten permission to use models/textures? Does that mean you're simply allowed to reference to them in a cpp?

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept that a soldier pack would be so huge.

It needs the ICP-weapons just for the handguns, I changed this for myself so it uses the BAS M1911

but nontheless I really really like this pack, when you sort the bugs out it won't leave my addons folder for a long time.

Personally. I'd be more inclined to use this addon if it was self-contained?

I really don't like the idea of necessarily having other unrelated addons installed to use it.

If you have permission to use textures? Can you not "use them"? Instead of referencing them?

It looks interesting though.

Same here. I normally don't addons that require other large addon packs by other mod teams to work except when it comes to maps that need stuff like the mapfacts addons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Personally. I'd be more inclined to use this addon if it was self-contained?

I really don't like the idea of necessarily having other unrelated addons installed to use it.

If you have permission to use textures? Can you not "use them"? Instead of referencing them?

It looks interesting though.

that sounds good. could you do that, extraction?

@miles teg: yes, mapfact is goood tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I agree as well. If you have permissions, then you really should just make them self contained. people will put up with a larger initial download, but cry like hell if they have to download anything else. I know I sure did when I saw I had to have 2 ranger packs installed.

erm... and if you get the permission: take care that those weapons get other/new names in the config!

For the Orcs weapon pack I agree but what is wrong with BAS weapon pack rock.gif

If I get BAS weapon pack included with other class names in dl file the pack will be so big I leave in next update ORCS weapon pack out only BAS weapon pack must be installed and I am sure 99% of people have BAS addons installed wink_o.gif

So what ya all think rock.gif

For the Orcs weapon pack I agree but what is wrong with BAS weapon pack rock.gif

If I get BAS weapon pack included with other class names in dl file the pack will be so big I leave in next update ORCS weapon pack out only BAS weapon pack must be installed and I am sure 99% of people have BAS addons installed wink_o.gif

So what ya all think rock.gif

yes, that's a good compromise.

and most of the people who are gonna d/l your pack have bas...

at last the missions of those sf will require bas. wink_o.gif

I agree... I wouldn't mind using the BAS Weapons pack as most of the addons in it would actually be used. What really irks me is having to use an huge external addon pack just for like one or two models or a couple of weapons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I agree... I wouldn't mind using the BAS Weapons pack as most of the addons in it would actually be used.  What really irks me is having to use an huge external addon pack just for like one or two models or a couple of weapons.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Outside SFDS.pbo all other addons are needed only for weapons no textures wink_o.gif

but ok next update will use only BAS weapon pack wink_o.gif

i dont know about u guys i wanna see someone make an sf addon that resembles the ones from Americas Army SF

i dont know about u guys i wanna see someone make an sf addon that resembles the ones from Americas Army SF

Do you have some pictures rock.gif

Do you have some pictures rock.gif

check out the gallery here smile_o.gif

When I created this thread, I had no idea it would get this big. This is great to see the interest. Anyway, here is a resource pic for you. I sure hope it helps. Let me know if you need more or if you want to originals, which are bigger and higher quality.

th_SF_Project01.jpg

LARGE VIEW

Thanks,

Monty

Thanks for pictures m8 wink_o.gif

I will continu this project once I am finnished with USCG Pack and Seahawks Pack wink_o.gif

So how is it coming. Also I wanted to ask you, I saw a special on this on the history channel about the special forces green berets and mostly all of them had beards, anyhow, do you have the guy with the cap on his head in this pack? Also how long does it take to get this baby self contained and uploaded again?