Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Battlefield 2 announced by ea gamges

I bought it, I played it and I got reason enough to say it realy sucks. I love intense ego-shooters. Wolfenstein, MOHAA, SOF2 and Call of duty gave me what I needed to feel at home. But seriously this game realy made me throw up. And yes for the first time in history I broke a CD worth 50 Euro into 2 pieces. And I even felt better after that. Did I forget to mention that I hate counterstrike. Battlefield is a game for puberty but my apologies I am 27. Either OR! EITHER you are a simulation like OFP or you are a hardcore ego-shooter. But dont try crossover!

And yes, it wasnt a lie, I broke the CD into pieces! I played the demo, it was fun. But the online members it attracts were just too young for me!

Its mainly because of the great 3rd party mods for BF that people still play it, I can't help but feel that good old vanilla BF is anything better than average, that doesn't mean it isn't fun for short periods of time. smile_o.gif

I dont denie that. i dont say that noone should enjoy it. I realy liked the demo that came out, but buying the game, well I was realy angry.

well BF is the first game in these few years that i didnt acturaly pay for it to play(you know what i am talking about wink_o.gif )and without being shame about doing it(yeah i know it is wrong  sad_o.gif ), well yeah it may be fun to play, but it surely dont worth 20~40 or so USD to get a cop(now i only play it in cyber cafe, i dont even bother to spear HD space for it)

well BF is the first game in these few years that i didnt acturaly pay for it to play(you know what i am talking about wink_o.gif )and without being shame about doing it(yeah i know it is wrong  sad_o.gif ), well yeah it may be fun to play, but it surely dont worth 20~40 or so USD to get a cop(now i only play it in cyber cafe, i dont even bother to spear HD space for it)

Trying it out is one thing (call it an unofficial demo) but playing but not paying for it is pretty bad. If you like to play that kind of games then it's pretty okay, you have alot of people to play against etc. You seem to like to play it so could you tell me what's special with that game compaired to others as you don't think it's worth to buy?

Either you like it and buy it or you don't like it...

Quote[/b] ]The thing i don't understand is: why do so many guys just speak against BF instead of ignoring it if you don't like it.

Thats just part of the nature of internet forums. And its not just BF1942 etc. We've seen other games torn to shreds with all there faults condemned before they were even written and films before they were released.

Albert Schweizer, for example I may disagree, with but at least he has tried the thing, he has every right to his opinion. I can't say hes wrong.

Too many people however do like to be negative for the sake of it. Don't ask me why, it just seems to be human nature. Its not limited to the net but here people have a free forum with total anonymity and no consequences. Same thing that spoils too many online games.

Not worth getting too upset over but something we all need to be aware of as internet use grows. God knows, I've posted some pretty dumb things myself in the past.

Trying it out is one thing (call it an unofficial demo) but playing but not paying for it is pretty bad. If you like to play that kind of games then it's pretty okay, you have alot of people to play against etc. You seem to like to play it so could you tell me what's special with that game compaired to others as you don't think it's worth to buy?

acturaly i just played this game on my computer for a week or so then i delete it, turn my head on to cyber cafe, paying $2 for a few hours or so for online service and play it there, most of the time with bunch of friends.

as cyber cafe have to pay for the game company to make a lisence(atless in hong kong it is how things work), so theres' not much difference between buying it personally, but giving a hold $40 at once to have a cop at home is surely a waste of money for me

and yeah i'd play a lot with my friends, just for some stupid fun as the game play really suck big time, as most of the gamers in hong kong are CS kiddies who would take these kind of games so damn much just like those at other places

Not to mention, OFP is not played by a large majority.

Dostoevsky once said "Mankind is stupid. Phenomenally stupid."

Millions of people in the world also listen to Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys. Does that mean that just because so many people listen to them that they are good?

No, of course not. It just means that many people are attracted to shiny things. Like monkeys and fish. The BF series is shiny, but that's about it.

Amen to that, sorry I'm a bit late

Played it,(BF series) felt childish, it sucked, Nuff said.

it looks right now like: Desert combat  rock.gif

You're not the only one who thinks like that... rock.gif

Something tells me this is just a follow up for Desert Combat.

www.desertcombat.com

Desert Combat is a mod for the BF1942 engine.

acturaly i just played this game on my computer for a week or so then i delete it, turn my head on to cyber cafe, paying $2 for a few hours or so for online service and play it there, most of the time with bunch of friends.

as cyber cafe have to pay for the game company to make a lisence(atless in hong kong it is how things work), so theres' not much difference between buying it personally, but giving a hold $40 at once to have a cop at home is surely a waste of money for me

and yeah i'd play a lot with my friends, just for some stupid fun as the game play really suck big time, as most of the gamers in hong kong are CS kiddies who would take these kind of games so damn much just like those at other places

For some reason your two posts don't really fit together

perfect. Compare your first post with your second one.

Even if it's been only "for a week or so", when you were running it like "we know what you mean wink_o.gif "

I tell you what now: one of my working mates had to make

a phone call from Austria (Europe) to Germany + some phone

calls to the shop where he bought his legal copy + he had

to go there a second time just to get another copy of the

game and return his first one.

You know why?

Because the cd-key he's got with his legal copy being already

used by another person somewhere out in the web.

Imagine that my working mate had lost 2 days of playing a game as supposed to be, for which he paid real money (you know what i mean mad_o.gif ) and further more he lost money

for doing the phone calls + he lost 4 hours of his free time,

just to visit the shop a second time. The first two phone calls

he did, they didn't even believe what he told them, and they

answered that his firewall + virus scan must be the reason.

Forgive me therefore that i can't laugh about your poor tries

to excuse what you did there.

Let's just hope that such a thing won't happen to you in near

future, when OFP 2 comes out (and let's hope that my working

mate won't find this thread, as we're using the same ip range, which would probably end up in a ban of our ip range here at

the forums).

~S~ CD

For some reason your two posts don't really fit together

perfect. Compare your first post with your second one.

Even if it's been only "for a week or so", when you were running it like "we know what you mean  wink_o.gif  "

I tell you what now: one of my working mates had to make

a phone call from Austria (Europe) to Germany + some phone

calls to the shop where he bought his legal copy + he had

to go there a second time just to get another copy of the

game and return his first one.

You know why?

Because the cd-key he's got with his legal copy being already

used by another person somewhere out in the web.

Imagine that my working mate had lost 2 days of playing a game as supposed to be, for which he paid real money (you know what i mean mad_o.gif  ) and further more he lost money

for doing the phone calls + he lost 4 hours of his free time,

just to visit the shop a second time. The first two phone calls

he did, they didn't even believe what he told them, and they

answered that his firewall + virus scan must be the reason.

Forgive me therefore that i can't laugh about your poor tries

to excuse what you did there.

Let's just hope that such a thing won't happen to you in near

future, when OFP 2 comes out (and let's hope that my working

mate won't find this thread, as we're using the same ip range, which would probably end up in a ban of our ip range here at

the forums).

~S~ CD

i am not trying to excuse what i did there, lets say i know it is wrong, i just saying that i felt guilty about doing this, but not to the point that would being shame about it, and i stop doing it and find a better way to play a game that i dont really want to buy without breaking the law(for crap sake this is the only illagel cop i used within the past 5 years)

cant really say sorry to your friend for his waste of time and money on cdkey being used by someone as this is already happened, and the only thing i could do is to stop doing it again and support legal softward(or may be became a smarter customer to avoid waste of money? rock.gif)

How bout people start reading forum rules and acting on what they say. Unless they'd prefer to be banned instead?

EA doesnt give a shit for their customers!!!

No patches/ updates for any of their games that really work.

More like just go for the next game instead of patching the one you payed $40 for.

No Support: as already mentioned the Hotline sucks.

EA we challange everything. Nothing can keep up with OFP.

And for i.E. Battelefield, MOH, BHD or whatever all those arcade would be named, they are basicly all the same to me.

-------->Stupid shooting rock.gif Nothing compared to the freedom you have in OFP.

bottom line: Download and test instead of just buying EA games. You see mostly it would be wasted money.....

Purchase OFP so BIS and Codemasters are able to keep up the great work:) biggrin_o.gif

Shame on EA for leaving their customers alone.... mad_o.gif

Daywalker

Well i only have 1 game installed thats OFP and will be OFP 2 as soon as available. And those are all original Discs.

To the Copy right laws:

Game companies want to get our money. So they produce masses of games hoping that they gonna be bought.

Personally at the age of 25 i am not able to buy every game i would like to buy. but i can buy those i wanna play:)

It should be against the laws to test out online games by downloading. Cause if you really like it you will go for the original.

But just buying before even been able to play it, is more like buying the cat in the closed box too me.

Quote[/b] ]EA doesnt give a shit for their customers!

EA might not be the best for support but they're not the worst either. Certainly I've had no problems with patches / support for anything I've had from them, including BF1942, now up to 1.6 I think. All my total war games also have had full support.

Sorry if you've had problems but I'd trust EA over a lot of companies.

Still agree that the boys at BIS have shown an unprecedented commitment to their product though.

Quote[/b] ]But just buying before even been able to play it, is more like buying the cat in the closed box too me.

No different from buying a meal or a book or a cinema ticket. Or almost anything else. Software companies could do themselves and their customers a lot of favours by pricing games more reasonably. I've bought a lot of stuff on budget or in sales that I wouldn't take full price. But if you're not willing to take the risk then there is NO excuse for any form of copying. There is no such thing as justifiable theft.

When it comes to patch support Valve are probally the best, then i would say bis. But EA do support there games to a certain degree.

Quote[/b] ]But just buying before even been able to play it, is more like buying the cat in the closed box too me.

No different from buying a meal or a book or a cinema ticket. Or almost anything else. Software companies could do themselves and their customers a lot of favours by pricing games more reasonably. I've bought a lot of stuff on budget or in sales that I wouldn't take full price. But if you're not willing to take the risk then there is NO excuse for any form of copying. There is no such thing as justifiable theft.

.. except that movie tickets and food does not cost 50 euros. crazy_o.gif

ok, let's see how fast this thread goes OT and some people get some vacation.

Quote[/b] ].. except that movie tickets and food does not cost 50 euros

No, but the price of some cinemas around here is still pretty awful. Actually, eating out, you can pay a lot more than 50 euros!

I was lucky, by waiting and watching the sales I managed to get BF1942 and the two addons for about Å25. I would certainly have been a lot less forgiving if I'd paid full price.

I think its also worth mentioning the REALPLAYER MOD which makes the single player game somewhat more satisfying.

I'd like to see these games evolve and improve but for no I am happy with what I've got for an occasional 20 minutes of nonsense.

ok, let's see how fast this thread goes OT and some people get some vacation.

price too high .... blah blah

not worth to be bought .... blah blah

I apologize that my previous post did lead a few ppl into

a senseless debatte to off-topic.

Let's get back on track:

Battlefield 2

yeah i'm sure at least as much players as you can find

at the moment in BF 42, will be seen in BF 2, therefore

those who like the first one, will give it's continuation

a try and buy it.

I will do so, without ignoring that OFP ist still my number ONE.

Those who still can't keep ON-topic may perhaps only do that

for the fact that this thread gets closed and this shouldn't

become the fault of the thread's topic.

~S~ CD

Battlefield 2 will become very similar to 1942 is for sure, but due to the Desert combat mod i wonder if EA dear enought to stick a price for $40, would be nice if they give a reasonable price rock.gif

It wouldnt suprise me if they did tack on a high price tag. Look at BF:V... there was the Eve Of Destruction mod for BF1942, and people still bought the new one.

To be honest, I'll probably end up buying it, as all the games Ive got seem to be drying up. AAO better release an update with new maps, as its getting repetative.

OFP...getting to the point where the realism doesnt matter cuz i dont have very much control over my player. No doubt, I'll still end up watchin the news and decide to go make a mission about it once every few nights, but like someone said, all good things must come to an end.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but it's fairly new. A in game video has been released at game spot. Click

It looks really good. I mean REALLY good. It looks totally changed from before (kinda). Anyway check it out.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but it's fairly new. A in game video has been released at game spot.  Click

It looks really good. I mean REALLY good. It looks totally changed from before (kinda). Anyway check it out.

it just the matter of how the people film it, which means not thing on actural gameplay

I don't know if this has been mentioned but it's fairly new. A in game video has been released at game spot.  Click

Could you upload it please? Or anyone that has it... I don't wanna sign up.