Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Mcnool's pacific island

I just spotted a really cool island at opflash.org

Here is what they say about it:

==================================

Resident Forum Deweller McNool's has posted several new pictures of his soon-to-be-released Pacific Island....

This is a generic pacific map with some small tropical islands.It's meant to be located somewhere in eastern indonesia

nooli.jpg

noolii.jpg

He is just waiting for permission off BAS to use the Tonal Buildings/Objects, then it will be ready for release.

==================================

Really cool island, hope it gets released smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]He is just waiting for permission off BAS to use the Tonal Buildings/Objects

Good luck with that tounge_o.gif .

I sure hope they give permission since it looks so cool smile_o.gif

It looks really cool. I hope BAS gives him permission.

One thing though that airstrip won't support AI take off or landing. Its too short for both. and if it isnt when they are trying to land they are going to clip that house and explode.

actually it may be long enough for take off but im pretty sure they wont be able to land there.

and planes won't be able to taxi because there isn't enough space for the wings the buildings are too close for it.

however that second town looks really cool with the BAS objects in it.

no i like the small airport it gives it more of a remote look to it, i dont need ai taking off anyways biggrin_o.gif

Looking good, but that airstrip is absolutelly unrealistic = (How do you imagine building a sort-of artificial penisula in such a remote location?) + buildings are way to close to it. Also, he's seemingly using old Everon textures which IMHO don't go well with Tonal objects. One more unfitting thing is the African posters on buildings (Nivaquine? tounge_o.gif )

i guess your right, it does look kinda funny. Maybe if he could just use the smaller buildings with no writing on them or pictures? As for the airport just extent it a wee bit and lenghten it and it'll be fine. The textures dont look bad to me, personally i've been to many carribian islands and it kinda contrasts like that. I'm sure indonesia is sort of similar. Keep up the good work man I like it a lot.

Regarding textures, I meant that they're low-res so they don't look good together with Tonal objects.

I've got this island and it plays great. One problem is the airfield, it is a bit short, with observation towers at each end.

Don't bring a 747.

Guest major gandhi
Quote[/b] ]DeadMeat! :

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:10 pm Post subject:

McNools wrote:

Force_Recon wrote:

He is just waiting for permission off BAS to use the Tonal buildings , then it will be ready for release

Infact not only buildings Jim... objects

If you don't get a reply for a while, don't worry. Tigershark has gone on business for a week or two, and he's taken the email password with him

We will get back to you somewhen.

looks like it will take some time

not bad - realy. But the airport tower is paced bad. It faces to the wrong side and no plane could taxi there wich is bigger then the Cessna. And it seems like some of the palms are to big.

Oh yeah! Looks fantastic, reminds me somehow of FarCry islands biggrin_o.gif but still more urbanised, i can't wait to get my hands on that island... ghostface.gif

Hi. Thanks for all the replys.

I know the airstrip looks abit unrealistic.. I might change it some in future versions (or maybe before I release the beta). And it's made to be a small airport where you land cessnas and DC-3's.

As for the African buildings, I know they seems to be in the wrong place but let's pretend their'e indonesian wink_o.gif

And just so you guys know.. there are about 7 islands (I think). The ones you see in the pics are two different ones. And they are the most urbanised ones too. There are some dense jungle islands and some island with large grassy fields and military bases.

Well that's all I have to say.. Now I'm just waiting for BAS to answer

Oh and by the way. If you have anything you'd like to see in the map, just pm me or email me (mackanools@hotmail.com) and I'll see what I can do biggrin_o.gif

and old fort would be cool but i guess that would mean youd have to make one biggrin_o.gif oh welli think it will be cool.

Oh and by the way. If you have anything you'd like to see in the map, just pm me or email me (mackanools@hotmail.com) and I'll see what I can do biggrin_o.gif

could i suggest using higher res Res textures, as the island looks totally cool but the CWC sand looks a bit craptastic.

Since you are using the BAS objects I imagine that it will need the Tonal pack to work?

I really wish BAS would release a map object pack. It would make things ALOT simpler for map makers... and less of a headache for OFP players.

It's like that new Vietnam map that just came out that requires the Tonal pack...there is no way in hell I'm sticking the whole Tonal pack in my Vietnam mod folder...that's just waaaaay too much stuff especially when it's probably only using a few objects from the Tonal pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles, there's no need that BAS release map object pack, because you already have it. What you need is only BAS_O.pbo - it contains all the objects and textures (just 70MB tounge_o.gif).

and old fort would be cool but i guess that would mean youd have to make one biggrin_o.gif  oh welli think it will be cool.

I could use the old cwc ruins and stuff... maybe.

@Miles Teg

yes you'll need the Tonal pack because the basO.pbo file is in it.. Sorry sad_o.gif