Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Hi, no i don't CTD,and i have got a gig of memory.My card is a raddy 9800XT with 128mbs memory. I also get one or two other messages when i load the mod!However i just click OK and i can play the game.The problem is at the moment i i have drunk to much beer to remember what the messagea are! CHEERS

@ action man died you download THE FULL PACK or every addon for itself. make sure you have all addons of the marineassaultpack. c8xruss.pbo and c8xusmc.pbo ... hope the names are right.

Well when the super config came out i downloaded the addons one by one.When this latest config came out i delated the mod folder because of the same problem,then i downloaded and installed the entire mod in one go! But still the same

with the new development of the resistance tanks it apperes as it i may not only be able to crew them by resistance. but i may also be able to change them to the

T72cz and the T90 so you can tell them apart on the battle feild

edit: and the pilot. . .hmm. ill figure out something. perhaps just using a different resistance unit. becuz resistance pilots wouldnt have helmets and masks so yea ill find a decent unit to be the pilot

Thanks Benus! just did as you suggested, i downloaded the full marine pack and installed it to the ECP addons.AS you said i was missing the c8x blaa-blaa-blaa stuff.

Maybe replace default motorcycle with that one?

Maybe replace default motorcycle with that one?

naa i rather like the moter cycle.

and if anything id repalce it with the upcoming bikers pack from umm.. those one guys blues.gif forgot thier mod name lol

Can you use another addon for Uh-60? This HH with that ghost rockets is really bad sad_o.gif. All pack looks very realistick, but this HH ruins evrything. That Blakhawk which was before was much better!

good night. have to go to bed now.

"Maybe replace default motorcycle with that one? " the bike has only one seat !!!

@pappy good working on the config, I hope my todays effort was good for something.

one question the RPG16dAT takes 3mag places. can you make it just use two like you did with the grenades rock.gif or would that need a change in the marineassaultpack.pbos ?

ähm the restistance bmp should be no problem only hadn't enoug time to change all the ammo and guns coming with it !!!

good night. have to go to bed now.

"Maybe replace default motorcycle with that one? " the bike has only one seat !!!

@pappy good working on the config, I hope my todays effort was good for something.

one question the RPG16dAT takes 3mag places. can you make it just use two like you did with the grenades rock.gif or would that need a change in the marineassaultpack.pbos ?

ähm the restistance bmp should be no problem  only hadn't enoug time to change all the ammo and guns coming with it !!!

yes the RPG problem is solved he has AT rockets again

@kuba. give it some time. BAS might release a rocket version. lets just wait and see

@Kuba CutPBO won't work for me. well it works for O.pbo but nt with the csla one rock.gif

a chance send me the config for the O.pbo cuz i cant get mine to depbo after using cutpbo

i need to take a look at the names of the tanks plus a few other aspects

Also:

as of right now im uplaoding a simple "quick fix" for some minor bugs (updated cpp is in there too)

spetznaz had no satchels (fixed)

rpg now has 2 AT rounds (which are powerful enough to kill an mbt)

resistance tanks crew bug UNFIXED due to some issues imm having with replacing the tanks. (the config doesnt want to read it) and too the east in res tanks is a bis bug. and unless i can tap into the O.pbo i highly doubt ill be able to fix it

Replacmentpbo file updated with the'new' oh58 (uses BAS model)

updateing the full mod is rather difficult due to the 2 hour uplaod time on it. so the full mod.rar will be updated once a month (assuming new addons are needed)

redownload the config of your choice along with the replacmentpbo.rar (IF) you want the new OH58 model

The "new" oh58 model is completely white but the cockpit is not (perfectly okay). Got the file from the replacementpbo.

The "new" oh58 model is completely white but the cockpit is not (perfectly okay). Got the file from the replacementpbo.

you need the BAS OH58 addon

sorry forgot to mention that

Hey.  Once again awsome job breathing new life into OFP.  Something to concider for future super config versions:  Over at OFP CZ I saw in the news that a guy named Rudedog is making a really cool Bradley pack with all new models and textures.  This might be a good candidate to replace the BIS Bradley which sucks pretty hard.  Also I don't know if anyone out there has a decent working HUMVEE with an M-2HB machine gun or SAW or M-60 or whatever (MK-19 or M-134 minigun) mounted on the roof, but something like this would be nice for replacing the BIS unarmed HUMVEE.

And let's not forget the East side.  You could use the armed BRDM (DSHK) and UAZ with PK or DSHK from the BAS Russian OPFOR pack to replace the original BIS unarmed vehicles.  And if you really want to update the East side, you can replace the BIS BMP-1 with the CSLA BMP-2, and replace the BMP-2 with a BMP-3 or BMD-3 from Vit's APC pack.  And replace the East side M-2 Machine Gun with a DSHK (Russian 12.7mm) since the East side shouldn't use American made heavy machine guns in real life....

Keep in mind that these are only ideas that I am throwing out there.  Feel free to do whatever you feel is best for the super config project.  I just want to give you some ideas incase you get bored and want to make more improvements.  And some of my ideas might not be wise because the mod is already almost 300 megs, and we don't want it to get too far out of control...

Hey.  Once again awsome job breathing new life into OFP.  Something to concider for future super config versions:  Over at OFP CZ I saw in the news that a guy named Rudedog is making a really cool Bradley pack with all new models and textures.  This might be a good candidate to replace the BIS Bradley which sucks pretty hard.  Also I don't know if anyone out there has a decent working HUMVEE with an M-2HB machine gun or SAW or M-60 or whatever (MK-19 or M-134 minigun) mounted on the roof, but something like this would be nice for replacing the BIS unarmed HUMVEE.

And let's not forget the East side.  You could use the armed BRDM (DSHK) and UAZ with PK or DSHK from the BAS Russian OPFOR pack to replace the original BIS unarmed vehicles.  And if you really want to update the East side, you can replace the BIS BMP-1 with the CSLA BMP-2, and replace the BMP-2 with a BMP-3 or BMD-3 from Vit's APC pack.  And replace the East side M-2 Machine Gun with a DSHK (Russian 12.7mm) since the East side shouldn't use American made heavy machine guns in real life....

Keep in mind that these are only ideas that I am throwing out there.  Feel free to do whatever you feel is best for the super config project.  I just want to give you some ideas incase you get bored and want to make more improvements.  And some of my ideas might not be wise because the mod is already almost 300 megs, and we don't want it to get too far out of control...

the bradly are the last peice of the puzzel

ive already contacted rudedog about 4 weeks ago via PM after tracking his topic in the A&M:D and he has agreeed to allow usage of the M2A2's he is makeing.

humvee will be replaced by a retextured one only. i do not want to go arming normal unarmed vehicals. in MP that would account as cheating crazy_o.gif and im trying to keep it MP compatable

althou i will tell you all this much.

i am NOT promising anything. but i have reconsidered on the whole desert version and once the last version of the replacment config is out. i will do a mirror versoin using all desert east and west forces. east will be replaced by some middle eastern type soldiers.

now this will be one huge mother f*in pain in the ass for me to do. and i will ofer no support for it once its released (due to i will delete all needed addons after testing to save HD space) and i will package up all needed addons along with desert versions of the islands (that are availble)

HI! i've just got the latest config up and running with the mod.It works but i get a few messages when loading. Addons missing config bin no entry weapons blaa blaa blaaa ect ect.I downloaded the full mod by the way! Now don't get me wrong the mod is very good and a lot of efort must have gone into it,full respect to you.However the mod is getting so complicated with the ammount of new stuff i am getting more and more error messages with each new config.Are you getting mixed up with things and perhaps forgeting things like addons ect ect. Once again you must have worked hard thank you

for all those who have downloaded the FULL version of the mod:  (there are missing some addons)

here the (I hope) full list: (only names: don't want to write .pbo all the time)

there are no bas addons in the list: you need delta/ranger pack 1.5   . Blackhawk pack and Kiowa warriors (oh58)pack 1.1  

(all bas addons start with BAS in the name so it is easy to find out if you have them or not !!!)

Apac                                 replacmentpack

BB69vette  

BMP2                                 replacmentpack

C8Xruss                                     MarineAussaultPack

C8xusmc                                    MarineAussaultPack

C8Xmag                                     MarineAussaultPack

COG HueyCobra

csla                                       MiscAddons

csla_air                                  MiscAddons

csla_arm                                 MiscAddons

csla_car                                  MiscAddons

csla_mod                                 MiscAddons

dawg                                      MiscAddons

DynamicRange                                         plugin for ECP

EC_m1911a1                              comes with config

ECP_blood                                             comes with ECP

ECP_DR_extra_sound                                plugin for ECP

ECP_DR_extra_sound_2                             plugin for ECP

ECP_DR_extra_sound_3                             plugin for ECP

ECP_Effects                                           comes with ECP

ECP_Effects_Sounds                                comes with ECP

EDG_Res

EffectPack                            not in the config.rar anymore only needed when you use the config with exploding bodys

G36a                                 replacmentpack

GMR

hfr_apac                                    comes with config

HYP_USsol

INQ_A10

INQ_M113

INQ_SR25

INQ_WeaponPack

JAM_Magazines                      comes with bas addons

JAM_Sound                           (not sure if needed)

kegrpg7                                     comes with config

kolo                                    replacmentpack

MAF_M925NATO

OFPEC_blood                          (not needed anymore)

OH58                                   replacmentpack

OWP_ZIL

OWP_ZIL_Scripts

RHS_Crew

RHS_T55Pack_Scripts

RHS_Weap

SIG_M1

SIG_M1green

SIG_M60

SIG_MN

SIG_T55

SIG_T55d

SIG_T55w

SIG_T55wreck

SIG_T72b

SIG_T72M1I

SIG_T80

SIG_Type98

SJB_M82                                          comes with config

SU25                                 replacmentpack

SUCHruss                                       MarineAussaultPack

SUCHusmc                                      MarineAussaultPack

TACTEvents                                   MarineAussaultPack

usmg

VITPKM                                            comes with config

Vulcan                               replacmentpack

XMS                                  replacmentpack

here are all the links:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=38303

check what you miss and get them.

yea when i made the full mod.rar i put in what i thought to be ALL the addons needed. sorry if i left things out

and about the updates. the only new addons ive used is the COG AH1 and the usmg pack. i said before i dont want to add anymore addons then i need to at this point. so im trying to work with what i got.

@ benus the effects pack is in the config.rar but the nxb (No eXploding Bodies) i took it out as it wasnt needed for that config.

i promise once this mod goes final ill ensure i get every last needed addon in the rar. (it might go to 300 megs thou due to the BAS stuff is pretty heavy)

in the "readme" i did state however that you will want to get ALL BAS addons. with a link to ofp.info

Am in the process of installing this Mod/config and had downloaded the FULL pack.

After copying the addon folder into my addons directory, I found the pack is missing the following addons:

1. COG HueyCobra

2. Dawg (allthough I could have sworn I saw it copying smile_o.gif )

3. ECP_DR_extra_sound_3

4. hfr_apac

5. SIG_T55w

6. SIG_T55wreck

7. TACTEvents

8. usmg

Hope that makes it easier for people to gather the bits needed.

Konyak

Am in the process of installing this Mod/config and had downloaded the FULL pack.  

After copying the addon folder into my addons directory, I found the pack is missing the following addons:

1. COG HueyCobra

2. Dawg  (allthough I could have sworn I saw it copying smile_o.gif )

3. ECP_DR_extra_sound_3

4. hfr_apac

5. SIG_T55w

6. SIG_T55wreck

7. TACTEvents

8. usmg

Hope that makes it easier for people to gather the bits needed.

Konyak

yes thank you.

ill update the full mod pack at a later date (like a week or two)

the dawg is in the config.rar i thought. . .but in any case ill be sure to include it.

I see your point about the armed vehicles, but then.... aren't we already cheating? Because the West spec ops now have a silenced M-4 with scope in place of the MP-5 with iron sights. So.... doesn't that give you an unfair advantage in MP? I'm starting to think that it isn't such a good idea to use this mod in regular OFP MP. In fact just consider the fact that the Everon that we are playing on is remodeled completely different from the original Everon. And the soldiers have altered camoflage that blends in differently with the surronding foliage. Any cheater could download super config, de-pbo the files, give all the soldiers white textures, re-pbo everything and when they play online all their enemies would be wearing bright white uniforms. I think that we need to make the super config mod a full blown mod as soon as it leaves beta stage, and start up some new servers where super config is a required download to play. On the plus side, we wouldn't have to make changes to the missions we already play to use our new addons thanks to all of pappy's work

In short if your too busy to read all the above I think Super config should NOT be played online against people who don't have super config mod. Only play on-line if all players have super config

Also I would still like to see a Russian DSHK heavy machine gun replace the East M2 machine gun.

Also I would still like to see a Russian DSHK heavy machine gun replace the East M2 machine gun.

dont worry ive seen this suggestion and i will look into it i promise.

the M4's scope isnt that much more powerful

the camo was changed for both so its still equal wink_o.gif

i think the only major advantage you would have using my config is the default sniper due to the max scope M24

but when i say MP i mean mainly coop. its perfect for coop due to even if u have a slight advantaage over the enemy. . .so does your team. plus your facing AI so its no biggie

i seem to have all the addons apart from the KegRPG7 file, can anyone point me in the right direction to find it.  I cant find a link in the 1st post.

>EDIT - i found it in an old addon folder.

cheers

.sub

i seem to have all the addons apart from the KegRPG7 file, can anyone point me in the right direction to find it.  I cant find a link in the 1st post.

>EDIT - i found it in an old addon folder.

cheers

.sub

actualy its in the SuperConfig.rar wink_o.gif